LIV Golf

D

Deleted member 21445

2 LIV players in the DPWT Mauritius Open field.
Finish 1st and 2nd and 5th win out of 6 DPWT events this season for Liv Golfers.

Whatever you say it's a good look for Liv and their socials are full of it..

Will watch the PNC tonight and the Charlie Woods show..

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
In your mind. You have a blind hatred of LIV and believe the rest of the world agrees with you. As with most things in life, it isn't as clear cut as that.

You'll note, although clearly not, that people on here are already looking forward to going to the JCB club next season to watch the event there. Maybe take a break from the anger 🤷‍♂️
I think 'blind hatred' is a lazy and cheap jibe. It suggests a prejudiced and irrational position. Anger ditto. Neither are the case.

Throughout this thread I have been both consistent and, I will claim pretty well, explained and justified my view of LIV, its product, the evolution of developments over the last 18 months, and my view on its future.
My opinion of it does come from some consideration, reading and listening to a wide variety of commentators on the matter (that does not include, I will concede, twitter speculators), and a position of an entirely disinterested party other than as a sports spectator. I am no defender or blind acolyte of the PGAT or ET. And could have come down either way, in favour of one or the other, or of both coexisting. This was not predetermined. So the condemnation and criticism of LIV come from an evaluation of its proposal. I am certainly there to be won over, should something interesting come out of the armistice. Hived off as a teams only tour, with players intermingling, that we could take or leave, would be quite fine with me for example.

Last edited:

AussieKB

Visit site
Leaving LIV completely out of this but that's one hell of a car trip. John O Groats to Lands End is 970km in a straight line or 1350km by road. You've driven the equivalent of the length of the UK eight times in a single month. Australia is a big place.
Went to Melbourne for my Grand daughter's wedding then up to Newcastle to see my brother.

When I lived in the UK it was hard to get people to understand how big OZ is, finally came up with telling people to go to Heathrow hop on a plane to Moscow, that is equivalent to Perth to Sydney.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 21445

Went to Melbourne for my Grand daughter's wedding then up to Newcastle to see my brother.

When I lived in the UK it was hard to get people to understand how big OZ is, finally came up with telling people to go to Heathrow hop on a plane to Moscow, that is equivalent to Perth to Sydney.
I looked after Australia for a brand, for a year and was out to Melbourne 3 or 4 times a year.
Great city and amazing for golf.
The logistics of getting product round that country effectively is crazy, you need at least 3 warehouses.
its more a continent than a country.

Swango1980

Visit site
More weight to the argument that the PGAT has been and continues to be mismanaged...

It definitely has. I also tend to agree with his quote:

“For my part… I don’t think their product is that great. I’m not such a fan of, for example, playing without a cut.

“You need the competition with 150 players and a cut. If you don’t play well enough, you’re out. There is something about it that makes your game a little sharper.

“If I had gone to LIV, I don’t think I would have become a better golfer. And then it is, in a way, end of discussion.

“But I can’t blame people who make that decision and go over there. Then we have to try to find an arrangement in the end. We’ll see.”

Just imagine if LIV had generally been considered a fantastic product. That coupled with the almost unlimited riches, I suspect LIV would have basically got virtually every player they wanted already. They'd wouldn't even have to pay quite the extreme amounts of money to do it, just made sure that players comfortably earn more that what they would get on other tours.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
It definitely has. I also tend to agree with his quote:

“For my part… I don’t think their product is that great. I’m not such a fan of, for example, playing without a cut.

“You need the competition with 150 players and a cut. If you don’t play well enough, you’re out. There is something about it that makes your game a little sharper.

“If I had gone to LIV, I don’t think I would have become a better golfer. And then it is, in a way, end of discussion.

“But I can’t blame people who make that decision and go over there. Then we have to try to find an arrangement in the end. We’ll see.”

Just imagine if LIV had generally been considered a fantastic product. That coupled with the almost unlimited riches, I suspect LIV would have basically got virtually every player they wanted already. They'd wouldn't even have to pay quite the extreme amounts of money to do it, just made sure that players comfortably earn more that what they would get on other tours.

Your last para raises an interesting question. I wonder how many players are/were tempted to try LIV but were also too wary of the sanctions? Person, I don’t want LIV to be come the dominant force the PGAT has been. I’d rather see 3 equally strong tours but, sadly, money talks especially when players reach a certain and can no longer be competitive with the young bucks.

D

Deleted member 21445

Your last para raises an interesting question. I wonder how many players are/were tempted to try LIV but were also too wary of the sanctions? Person, I don’t want LIV to be come the dominant force the PGAT has been. I’d rather see 3 equally strong tours but, sadly, money talks especially when players reach a certain and can no longer be competitive with the young bucks.

I do now think though that this Private Equity the PGAT is securing could keep their players.
There is going to be a big cash injection into the PGAT and yes LIV/PIF could offer more but how much money do you need ?

The challenge for the PGAT is increasing the earning potential for the players to keep them while also securing a return on investment for their PE investors.

AussieKB

Visit site
I looked after Australia for a brand, for a year and was out to Melbourne 3 or 4 times a year.
Great city and amazing for golf.
The logistics of getting product round that country effectively is crazy, you need at least 3 warehouses.
its more a continent than a country.
Hope you got to play Kingston Heath, Royal Melb etc.....
they are spoil t for great courses.

I've been lucky enough to play most and also down Mornington Pennisula as well.

D

Deleted member 21445

12 days and counting to a definitive agreement..

Are they going to get something over the line or go their separate ways ??

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
The PGAT in it's current guise isn't a good investment if they don't have access to the players, investors, locations, and fans, that LIV have, and will get in the future.

I expect we'll see a joint investment from both PIF and private equity. It makes good business sense for all parties both in pro golfing terms and a wider commercial picture.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hope you got to play Kingston Heath, Royal Melb etc.....
they are spoil t for great courses.

I've been lucky enough to play most and also down Mornington Pennisula as well.

Loved it on the Mornington Peninsula when I worked there in 2019, I took a drive to Cape Schanck one afternoon and saw an amazing looking course en route 😮

D

Deleted member 21445

5 players to come through PGAT qualifying and get full PGAT status are.

Harrison Endy
Trace Crowe
Blaine Hale, Jr.
Hayden Springer
Raul Perida

They all get a guaranteed $500,000 each.

Just a note to people on socials etc who criticised the 3 Liv Golfers who qualified for being unknown players.

Kalle Samooja
Jinichiro Kozuma
Kieran Vincent

Thats what qualifiers are about, giving these 8 players an amazing opportunity on 2 tours.

Good luck to all of them.

AussieKB

Visit site
Loved it on the Mornington Peninsula when I worked there in 2019, I took a drive to Cape Schanck one afternoon and saw an amazing looking course en route 😮
I have played Cape Schank, the National Old, Portsea, Sorrento, The Dunes, St. Andrews Beach, Moonah Links and Vintage plus a few more, took two GM's from England there a few years ago.

Cost of golf here compared to UK is vast, we are very lucky.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have played Cape Schank, the National Old, Portsea, Sorrento, The Dunes, St. Andrews Beach, Moonah Links and Vintage plus a few more, took two GM's from England there a few years ago.

Cost of golf here compared to UK is vast, we are very lucky.

Christ you lucky 🤬
I think it was The National I saw, took a bit of a detour to have look and I remember the course on your rght as you drove towards the clubhouse, some amazing looking houses on the left :cool:

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
5 players to come through PGAT qualifying and get full PGAT status are.

Harrison Endy
Trace Crowe
Blaine Hale, Jr.
Hayden Springer
Raul Perida

They all get a guaranteed $500,000 each.

Just a note to people on socials etc who criticised the 3 Liv Golfers who qualified for being unknown players.

Kalle Samooja
Jinichiro Kozuma
Kieran Vincent

Thats what qualifiers are about, giving these 8 players an amazing opportunity on 2 tours.

Good luck to all of them.

I think everybody will be keeping their fingers crossed for Springer to have a good season, I can’t even imagine how challenging it is to take on Q school given the recent death of his daughter. Must have meant an awful lot to him and his family to make it through.

D

Deleted member 21445

9 days & counting for an agreement..

No Laying Up saying well sourced Journalists telling them an agreement is very close...