LIV Golf

Ian_George

Visit site
So because it makes no difference to you and your pals it won't affect the major's credibility, all right then!!
I think you missed/ignored the words 'to me'! t seems that it does 'to you'.
To me, it won't have any effect on credibility of majors, as it was the players choices to join LIV. For those LIV-ers not already qualified, there are other ways to qualify for both Opens available.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
I think you missed/ignored the words 'to me'! t seems that it does 'to you'.
To me, it won't have any effect on credibility of majors, as it was the players choices to join LIV. For those LIV-ers not already qualified, there are other ways to qualify for both Opens available.

I've not missed anything, I'm well aware of the context he meant, which is meaningless.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
So in summary, LIV has failed because they haven't recruited ALL the top players, but the Majors wont be affected if they didn't have ALL the top players.

Got it.

Swango1980

Visit site
So in summary, LIV has failed because they haven't recruited ALL the top players, but the Majors wont be affected if they didn't have ALL the top players.

Got it.
ALL?

Again, your summary / interpretation of other peoples comments is embarrassingly poor.

If LIV had recruited most of the worlds best players, except maybe a handful, that would have probably satisfied part of LIV's strategy. However, LIV have not come anywhere close to signing all these top players. Not even close.

So don't start trying to claim that non LIV fans are now trying to say it is a failure simply because ALL top players haven't signed. That has never ever been an argument.

Mind you, just imagine how prestigious a Major would feel with JUST the 48 LIV players in the field. Now that would be a disaster for any of the Majors.

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
last nights match play was like watching paint dry for me, along with a semi final with 8 teams then a final with 4. no more interesting than the PGA which is boring. I guess I play golf watching has never been my thing unless it's the majors on great courses.

Ian_George

Visit site

Got it.
1. Where has anyone stated LIV has failed. 2. There are ways into the Majors other than OWGR ranking that are available to LIV players.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
1. Where has anyone stated LIV has failed. 2. There are ways into the Majors other than OWGR ranking that are available to LIV players.

I'm generalising. Posts have been made in recent days about LIV failing to secure enough of the top players, and on 2, of course there are, but securing a place will now be more difficult for some of them, so we are going to see weakened fields in The Majors.

Ian_George

Visit site
last nights match play was like watching paint dry for me, along with a semi final with 8 teams then a final with 4. no more interesting than the PGA which is boring. I guess I play golf watching has never been my thing unless it's the majors on great courses.
Interesting (nice) to see BdC's decision re opponents backfire! Otherwise, indeed a bit dull.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I'm generalising. Posts have been made in recent days about LIV failing to secure enough of the top players, and on 2, of course there are, but securing a place will now be more difficult for some of them, so we are going to see weakened fields in The Majors.
If LIV players aren't good enough to qualify then are they good enough to play..?

Ian_George

Visit site
1. No! You are exaggerating at best or simply telling untruths! 2. Any 'weakened' fields are actually caused by the LIV players - who knew or should have known the likely consequences before they signed. I have zero sympathy for them!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
It would be fairer than what we currently have, would it not?

Plenty seem quite content for LIV players not to have ranking points....
But then how do we know who the best players are..?
And, for God's sake, you know why they're not getting ranking points....the record's stuck..

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
1. No! You are exaggerating at best or simply telling untruths! 2. Any 'weakened' fields are actually caused by the LIV players - who knew or should have known the likely consequences before they signed. I have zero sympathy for them!

Post 7824
While their target of tempting away the worlds best golfers failed,

As for resolving the dilemma of weakened fields in Majors, the resolution to that isn't in the hands of the LIV players.

Most people want to see the best players in the best competitions (The Majors). Right now, that scenario is up in the air.

D

Deleted member 29109

Assuming those LiV players with exemptions are allowed to continue to play in the majors. Which other LiV players would add to the quality of the field?