LIV Golf

Swango1980

Visit site
He's a businessman with a huge interest in golf, and owns some of the best golf courses in the world.
LIV is in the golf business.
They are a perfect match. (y)

He's also the current favourite to be the next president of the USA.....
Pieman wasn't being sarcastic you know, he really meant it when he said they are the perfect match. So, no need for you to counter his statement by agreeing with it :)

fenwayrich

Assistant Pro
Visit site
He's a businessman with a huge interest in golf, and owns some of the best golf courses in the world.

I've always thought that golf can only continue to exist if the participants act with integrity, honesty and decency.

It might be argued that both Donald Trump and the LIV organisation are somewhat lacking in these essential qualities.

D

Deleted member 21445

Really enjoyed the Liv golf last night.
This team format really works in this final shootout and pro matchplay is always great to watch.
Love that they have thrown a foursomes match into the format rather than 4 singles matches.

Should be even better tonight with the top 4 seeds joining the fold.
The Cleeks are the only team that's looks weak mainly down to Martin Kaymer having to pull out with an injury.

My Predictions are

4 Aces Beat Cleeks
Stingers Beat Crushers
Punch Beat Fireballs
Majesticks Beat Smash

D

Deleted member 21445

With the Donald obviously being in Livs corner.
Would Trump becoming President again be bad news for the PGA Tour???

Last edited by a moderator:

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site

They are matched well. Its surprising LIV is adding to their other unsavoury associations by their links to Trump. If gaining acceptance, respectability, and avoiding controversy were their goal, you would have expected the Saudis to have nothing to do with him.

D

Deleted member 1418

Wait, what? I thought there was an army of corporations, apparel providers and equipment manufacturers falling over themselves to own a team?

What’s happened there then? Greg has be so honest to date

Yeah I want to see the Taylormade Technos - a new roster of players and equipment every 2 months!! ;)

D

Deleted member 1418

Rumour is The R&A are going to award Open championship places to Liv tour/Liv Golfers ???

If true you would think the other majors will follow???

Well past Champions already qualify, so there's 3 to LIV players.

Other Major champions also get a limited time exemption, so that's another 3 or 4.

And then there will be some LIV players who will probably get in on their OWGR.

And then the others will need to go through Open qualifying.

So there's the pathway I imagine.

cleveland52

Visit site
Well past Champions already qualify, so there's 3 to LIV players.

Other Major champions also get a limited time exemption, so that's another 3 or 4.

And then there will be some LIV players who will probably get in on their OWGR.

And then the others will need to go through Open qualifying.

So there's the pathway I imagine.
The only thing that would change your path to the majors for LIV player are the lawsuits. If the Major org. are entangled in legal action, it may not be prudent to have any of the player play.

We'll see.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
The only thing that would change your path to the majors for LIV player are the lawsuits. If the Major org. are entangled in legal action, it may not be prudent to have any of the player play.

We'll see.

No, as proposed before, the majors, whose existence depends on their prestige of being THE BEST, and who have no skin the in the game in a commercial and power spat between US and Saudi rivals, will find a way in for any LIV golfer who has the game, but not otherwise gaining entry. A new path or criteria will be devised. For two reasons : they have no reason not to, and, they will not shoot their own credibility in the the foot for abslutely no gain to themselves. Even the USPGA Champsionship, with its link to its genaeological offspring PGAT, as the weakest major (strongest field protestations notwithstanding, there isnt a golfer on the planet who dreams of winning it before an Open, US, or Masters), cannot indulge any favours to the PGAT that would devalue it. The quoted crumbs are just the beginning of a breakout of that reality from the majors into the public sphere.

cleveland52

Visit site
No, as proposed before, the majors, whose existence depends on their prestige of being THE BEST, and who have no skin the in the game in a commercial and power spat between US and Saudi rivals, will find a way in for any LIV golfer who has the game, but not otherwise gaining entry. A new path or criteria will be devised. For two reasons : they have no reason not to, and, they will not shoot their own credibility in the the foot for abslutely no gain to themselves. Even the USPGA Champsionship, with its link to its genaeological offspring PGAT, as the weakest major (strongest field protestations notwithstanding, there isnt a golfer on the planet who dreams of winning it before an Open, US, or Masters), cannot indulge any favours to the PGAT that would devalue it. The quoted crumbs are just the beginning of a breakout of that reality from the majors into the public sphere.
Makes no difference to me if LIV players get to play in the majors. No one that I know will question the major's credibility if any particular player is not there. The Tournaments may not want the distractions and who could blame them.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Makes no difference to me if LIV players get to play in the majors. No one that I know will question the major's credibility if any particular player is not there. The Tournaments may not want the distractions and who could blame them.

So because it makes no difference to you and your pals it won't affect the major's credibility, all right then!!

Ian_George

Visit site

We'll see.
Well, Summary Judgement (where PGAT argue that LIV has no chance of success and a trial is not required) is scheduled for July 2023, with actual trial scheduled for January 2024. So no change from present - that LIV players are slipping down OWGR rankings and won't qualify by that route, though several qualify by other criteria.
As has already been posted, both Opens have existing qualifying methods that would allow LIV players to qualify if they want/need.