LIV Golf

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Has he got any options to play in any other events to try to keep his good form going?

That's a genuine question rather than a dig at LIV as I have no idea what other options he might have on other tours.

I'd imagine he has, if he wants to - obviously not on the PGA Tour though, so it would probably be on the Asian Tour. From his interview, he implies that he has nursed the hip injury through this year, and now needs to build up some fitness - so maybe that's his priority once the LIV season has ended.

Last edited:

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
This is quite an interesting website, lots of information on there in relation to rankings, form, areas of strength for individual players etc.

Aside from keeping the LIV players rankings more accurate than the OWGR does now, it provides some pretty detailed info if you like to study where players are strong ad weak - and mabe even have the odd little bet. I might put a fiver on Rory this weekend and see how accurate they really are...

https://datagolf.com/datagolf-rankings

D

Deleted member 21445

Maybe reading too much into this but Greg Norman either couldn't be at Jeddah or asked not to be at Jeddah?

Or was at Jeddah and took a back seat?

Usually he is front and centre but no where to be seen at the Jeddah event?

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Some interesting comments in this article.....

https://www.golfmonthly.com/news/i-...tHKx5VIcGHW9cwvtKPMt_gdkkmy6XSilNO9TH4woBprgs

"I will create my own majors for my players" - I'm not sure that's how it works, you can't just create a major.

"all the tours are being run by guys who don't understand business" - isn't part of running a business making sure that it is profitable? At what point, if ever, are LIV going to turn a profit with the ridiculous amounts of money they've paid out?

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Some interesting comments in this article.....

https://www.golfmonthly.com/news/i-...tHKx5VIcGHW9cwvtKPMt_gdkkmy6XSilNO9TH4woBprgs

"I will create my own majors for my players" - I'm not sure that's how it works, you can't just create a major.

"all the tours are being run by guys who don't understand business" - isn't part of running a business making sure that it is profitable? At what point, if ever, are LIV going to turn a profit with the ridiculous amounts of money they've paid out?
Agree re the majors piece - is a silly sound bite to offer up - was though in the context of "should LIV Golf players be denied entry".

Depending on point of view -
It is possible "to create a major", or
It's hard to do.
https://golf.com/news/players-championship-golfs-fifth-major/

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's good for the golf fan, more top players playing more competitions. I exepct Jon Rahm will be delighted, wasn't he a little bit disgruntled at the schedule already?

Imagine having to play one week in three and getting obscene amounts of money for doing so. My heart bleeds for them. Imagine if they had "proper" jobs. The amount of whining they'd do if they had to do 50+ hours a week in a supermarket just to be able to put food on the table.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Imagine having to play one week in three and getting obscene amounts of money for doing so. My heart bleeds for them. Imagine if they had "proper" jobs. The amount of whining they'd do if they had to do 50+ hours a week in a supermarket just to be able to put food on the table.

We'd all be pro golfers earning millions if we could wouldn't we, but for every one that does, there are 100's that are playing every chance they get to keep their cards, and make a reasonable living. I don't begrudge anybody enjoying the fruits of their labour - and the reason these guys aren't doing 50 hrs in a Supermarket is because they have worked incredibly hard to get where they are.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site

You do know there is more to it than turning up and playing four rounds every few weeks don’t you?

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
No reasonably intelligent individual thought that the pgatour would go quietly into the night. I hope not.
More money to come. IMO
Personally, didn't expect them to go anywhere - too big. Does feel like they have brought forward some of the cash injections though from earlier proposals. Perhaps a bit of a gamble to keep a halt on transfers, which makes some sense. Then again the whole liv thing is also a gamble. Soap opera continues...

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We'd all be pro golfers earning millions if we could wouldn't we, but for every one that does, there are 100's that are playing every chance they get to keep their cards, and make a reasonable living. I don't begrudge anybody enjoying the fruits of their labour - and the reason these guys aren't doing 50 hrs in a Supermarket is because they have worked incredibly hard to get where they are.

Yes, absolutely. But I'd also like to think that if I was fortunate enough to be in that position where I've achieved my dreams to be a pro golfer I'd have enough self-awareness to realise what a fortunate position I was in. Totally agree with enjoying the fruits of their labour but with the amount of moaning they do are they really enjoying it? Anyone that has reached the levels of Rahm could, or at least should, be able to jack it all in tomorrow and live comfortably for the rest of their lives. If your life is so tough then give it up, bugger off and enjoy the millions you've got in the bank. You'll be getting no sympathy from me.