LIV Golf

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
If the whispers are true that LIV will start playing 72 holes with a cut etc..I actually find it quite sad.
The players were obviously strung along with ranking points being part of the deal.
All the gimmicky elements are just that..the players simply want points and money
When GN, eventually, realised that they weren't going to get points he then had to find a way, any way, or getting his players the points he's promised them.
If it turns out that the only way is to, effectively, become another PGAT then why did they bother in the first place?
If this turns out to be true it's also confirmation that Norman isn't as sharp as a lot would have us believe...

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
More people need to be like Jon Rahm
Yep. For anyone who didn't see...
aviary-image-1665423802853.jpeg
He's also continued to be vocal on the Ryder Cup. Know he has a good relationship with Sergio, but also wonder if he has half an eye on Chacarra should he have a run of form.
Hopefully the admins don't slap Rahm's wrist.

D

Deleted member 15344

Yep. For anyone who didn't see...
View attachment 44738
He's also continued to be vocal on the Ryder Cup. Know he has a good relationship with Sergio, but also wonder if he has half an eye on Chacarra should he have a run of form.
Hopefully the admins don't slap Rahm's wrist.

I think it’s good that he is allowed to speak his mind and that he has opposed opinions to people like Rory - both are happy to speak their mind but I have no doubt both are friends who just have differing opinions

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I was trying to get the youth to translate the interview with Chacarra - where the information has originated from, but he flat out refused to sit there for 20 minutes and watch it. Kids eh? :ROFLMAO:

BubbaP

Visit site
@Swango1980 have not quoted a post (too many! ?), but FWIW I viewed this thread for talking about upheaval etc. and not the actual golf - that was for the professional golf thread. But acknowledge with so much interlinked these days, maybe more does/will end up here.
FWIW-2, I don't consider myself a "fan" or "supporter" as such, I watch a fair bit of golf across various tours. I respect people who have no interest in watching any liv for whatever reason. I watched some out if curiosity initially, and later because I found it pretty entertaining.
FWIW-3, whilst initially sceptical I have warmed to the team thing. On Sunday 6 teams were in and out of positions 2 & 3, it was fast changing. Bland had a short putt on the last to go tied second individually, and move his team to tied 2nd. He looked under pressure and unfortunately missed.
It wasn't a "DJ & Smith" show as some had predicted.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
If the whispers are true that LIV will start playing 72 holes with a cut etc..I actually find it quite sad.

If it turns out that the only way is to, effectively, become another PGAT then why did they bother in the first place?

Maybe it was all part of the plan, create a radical golf series. PGA's arse drops out, they spunk all their reserves on extra prize money, and paying more players - to copy LIV, and then LIV just go back to a more conventional format once the PGA have over committed. LIV gets OWGR points, becomes the numero uno tour, PGA can't fight back cos they're broke - Absolute Masterplan. :ROFLMAO:

I'm joking by the way, before anybody accuses of me having more spin than my Electrolux spin drier.

BubbaP

Visit site
Fair play to Rahm, supporting the tournament with only 14 points on offer - prior to start it did feel like a case of how many he'd win by, not if. But he did it, and picked up a place in the rankings so fair play.
In the US Cantlay would have also been favourite beforehand, but could only manage T2 - what a story Joohyung Kim is turning out to be, though.
Perhaps slightly ironic that the Koreans (4 in top ten), and particularly 'Tom' are carrying the storylines currently. Be good if they could 'resolve' the military service piece.

BubbaP

Visit site
Ooh, if I was active on the twitter-sphere could probably start a rumour that the 'liv-bots' have hacked the owgr site! ?

Here are this week's events (currently)
aviary-image-1665429796997.jpeg
A glitch in the owgr matrix I guess.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Ooh, if I was active on the twitter-sphere could probably start a rumour that the 'liv-bots' have hacked the owgr site! ?

Here are this week's events (currently)
View attachment 44742
A glitch in the owgr matrix I guess.

I wonder who actually monitors this system - it's still not updated, or temporarily taken down, but surely those numbers aren't correct?

Accoring to the most recent set of accounts, their fixed assets stated as "Computer Systems" was valued at £15,000 in 2021, the system that went live recently was funded by an additional £350,000 that was shared equally by contributions from all of the tours that are represented by the OWGR board, but as I said a few pages back, they have no employees. I'm guessing it must be subbed out - let's hope so or the cat will definitley be among the pigeons come the weekend. :ROFLMAO:

D

Deleted member 21445

Does seem that European Giants Jon Rahm and Rory McIlroy are not on the same page.

In a recent interview JR expressed his displeasure at Rorys and TWs plan for extra no cut events on the PGA Tour.
He also has said on record that he thinks Liv Players should be eligible for the Ryder Cup Team.
Rory has been adamant that they shouldn't get any where near being considered for the team.
Then interestingly congratulated Gino Chacarra for his Liv win in his winning speech in Spain, something I can't see any other top PGAT player ever doing.

For the record I am not saying for a second JR is open to a Liv move, that won't happen but interesting dynamic of 2 of the Alpha males of European Golf.

https://www.golfmonthly.com/news/jon-rahm-congratulates-liv-golf-winner-eugenio-lopez-chacarra

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Good news. The OWGR website has been updated and the No-cut Zozo championship will award the most points this weekend. ?

Attachments

• AE08FE62-0E0F-43D2-B9A2-9BC02657DD54.png
    AE08FE62-0E0F-43D2-B9A2-9BC02657DD54.png
    285.1 KB · Views: 13
D

Deleted member 15344

And yet they’ve been told they need one in Jeddah if they want points - and it’s a key requirement for LIV apparently.

The rules are the rules Phil, so what exempts the ZOSO championship?

?‍♂️?‍♂️

How many times does it need explaining to you

Zozo is one tournament that’s hosted within a tour that fulfils the criteria required, as we have seen on many times there are certain events that are allowed to be no cut smaller fields - Fed Ex etc - because over 75% of the tours events are full field , have a cut , qualifying etc - everything that’s required

LIV are a tour - we aren’t talking about single events - the whole tour is 48 players , 54 holes and no cut - zero events fulfil the requirements across the whole tour

Yourself and all those other LiV fans are trying to compare single events with a whole tour , it’s the same lack of understanding and thinking that Greg Norman suffers with

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
?‍♂️?‍♂️

How many times does it need explaining to you

Zozo is one tournament that’s hosted within a tour that fulfils the criteria required, as we have seen on many times there are certain events that are allowed to be no cut smaller fields - Fed Ex etc - because over 75% of the tours events are full field , have a cut , qualifying etc - everything that’s required

LIV are a tour - we aren’t talking about single events - the whole tour is 48 players , 54 holes and no cut - zero events fulfil the requirements across the whole tour

Yourself and all those other LiV fans are trying to compare single events with a whole tour , it’s the same lack of understanding and thinking that Greg Norman suffers with

Ah right, so if when LIV get points, nobody will mind if they have no cut events then?

D

Deleted member 15344

Ah right, so if when LIV get points, nobody will mind if they have no cut events then?

If 75% of LIV tour events are full field with a cut then yes - it would be the same as the Fed Ex ?‍♂️

So next year if they have 11 events out of their 14 as a full event with cut etc then it will fulfil requirements