LIV Golf

Swango1980

Visit site
Is it just me but I don’t care if I never see the liv players again. None of them interest me and I quite like the ones that are left on the remaining tours especially some of the new talent
Bryson is entertainment value, as he did things differently. So it would be good to see him amongst the other elite golfers in the world at some point, although I'm not interested enough in him to tune into LIV (especially as his footage will be squeezed in amongst shots from the likes of Wade Ormsby or Hudson Stafford, players I've never heard of, as LIV try and show as much footage as they can, making it seem like a highlights show). Maybe Bryson will become a youTube golfer, rather than an elite one, so I guess he'll be happy youTube broadcasts LIV, build up those early relationships :)

DJ was also a good watch, so perhaps he'd have been good value for a few more years, but that's about it. All of the rest, no interest really at all. Brooks has been a good golfer, but dull as anything, with the only interesting thing about him recently his apparent feud with Bryson (probably all made up for ratings). No interest in Cameron Smith either. Played great in recent times, but I guess we'll never know if he is just a flash in the pan as he has now stepped away from playing with the worlds best players, and those coming through in the future (good 42nd place in the last LIV event though).

The rest of the players I know are all players that were good in the 90's / 00's, and provided some brilliant Ryder Cup memories. But, their time was pretty much up anyway.

Last edited:

cleveland52

Visit site
Bryson is entertainment value, as he did things differently. So it would be good to see him amongst the other elite golfers in the world at some point, although I'm not interested enough in him to tune into LIV (especially as his footage will be squeezed in amongst shots from the likes of Wade Ormsby or Hudson Stafford, players I've never heard of, as LIV try and show as much footage as they can, making it seem like a highlights show). Maybe Bryson will become a youTube golfer, rather than an elite one, so I guess he'll be happy youTube broadcasts LIV, build up those early relationships :)

DJ was also a good watch, so perhaps he'd have been good value for a few more years, but that's about it. All of the rest, no interest really at all. Brooks has been a good golfer, but dull as anything, with the only interesting thing about him recently his apparent feud with Bryson (probably all made up for ratings). No interest in Cameron Smith either. Played great in recent times, but I guess we'll never know if he is just a flash in the pan as he has now stepped away from playing with the worlds best players, and those coming through in the future (good 42nd place in the last LIV event though).

The rest of the players I know are all players that were good in the 90's / 00's, and provided some brilliant Ryder Cup memories. But, there time was pretty much up anyway.
This x 1000. Plus, the fact that no one cares how overpaid these millionaires are. In fact, I find it rather annoying at times.

D

Deleted member 21445

How much money do you think LIV will be throwing at Tom Kim right now ?

Perfect Liv signing.
Young and can help expand that Asian Market for Liv ROI

D

Deleted member 15344

How much money do you think LIV will be throwing at Tom Kim right now ?

Perfect Liv signing.
Young and can help expand that Asian Market for Liv ROI

I don’t expect any of the South Koreans to go near LIV - National Service is a key reason and fighting to gain an exemption from that via Olympics or Asian Games

4LEX

Visit site
Is it just me but I don’t care if I never see the liv players again. None of them interest me and I quite like the ones that are left on the remaining tours especially some of the new talent

I think the LIV players will regret their decision as LIV gets minimal exposure as an actual golf event. Almost all the talk is about the wrongs and rights of it. Theres very little interest in the tournaments themselves and these players have taken themselves out of the spotlight ther PGA Tour gave them.

The quality of talent emerging now from around the world and through the US college system is incredible and the majority of the LIV players will be yesterdays men. The handful of big names will get exposure but the light is fading on the rest.

evemccc

Visit site

The rest of the players I know are all players that were good in the 90's / 00's, and provided some brilliant Ryder Cup memories. But, their time was pretty much up anyway.

Cam Smith won the Players in pretty wet / sodden conditions and then in the same year won The Open at a totally baked-out Old Course…..Sawgrass and St Andrews - two polar opposite courses in polar opposite conditions

I’m pretty sure it’s clear he’s not a flash in the pan

Swango1980

Visit site
Cam Smith won the Players in pretty wet / sodden conditions and then in the same year won The Open at a totally baked-out Old Course…..Sawgrass and St Andrews - two polar opposite courses in polar opposite conditions

I’m pretty sure it’s clear he’s not a flash in the pan
Nothing is clear in golf. Maybe you've never heard of players like David Duvall and Mike Weir?

D

Deleted member 21445

Players Champ
Champion Golfer Of The Year - Open Champ
No 2 in the world
9 top 10 finishes in last 21 starts. Including 3rd at The Masters.
Cam Smith = Flash In The Pan ?

D

Deleted member 15344

Players Champ
No 2 in the world

Cam Smith could have had his stellar year - he is a superb player but was he going to be a multiple major or be a one year wonder ? Who knows

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
I don’t expect any of the South Koreans to go near LIV - National Service is a key reason and fighting to gain an exemption from that via Olympics or Asian Games
Yep, posted/hinted similar previously - comes back to ranking points again.
Still this did make me smile and in line with @TheBigDraw 's post ...

aviary-image-1665514039133.jpeg

Swango1980

Visit site
Players Champ
No 2 in the world
9 top 10 finishes in last 21 starts. Including 3rd at The Masters.
Yes, see my post before yours. There is no guarantee he will be one of the elite golfers for the next decade or more. I doubt there are guarantees for any player, even if they get off to a decent start

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'm not sure LIV does a great job at actually advertising its events.
I'm a golf fan who frequents plenty of golf websites, subscribed to 100s of golf YouTube channels, and post on an active golf forum.
I managed to miss the fact they were playing in Chicago. Day 1 was over by the time I realised.
How are they expecting to attract the kind of viewing figures they would like if someone like me missed the date for a tournament.

I see the viewing figures for the latest tournament is well down on the ones based in the US. No surprise there. I didnt see one bit of it live due to the time difference. Quite selfishly I'm happy for most of the top golf tournaments to take place in america or Europe.

D

Deleted member 21445

Cam Smith could have had his stellar year - he is a superb player but was he going to be a multiple major or be a one year wonder ? Who knows

Oh come on he is no one year wonder ?
Or do Liv Players not count as top players now ?
Anyone who has watched this guy for the last 3 years knows he is a class player, had he not gone to Liv he probably would have gone to No1 in the world or had his Liv results gained OGWR points

Career
6 PGA Wins
3 European Tour wins
2 PGA Australia Wins
1 LIV Tour Win

Major Record
Master T2nd
Open Winner
US Open T4th
USPGA T13th

cleveland52

Visit site
Oh come on he is no one year wonder ?
Or do Liv Players not count as top players now ?
Anyone who has watched this guy for the last 3 years knows he is a class player, had he not gone to Liv he probably would have gone to No1 in the world or had his Liv results gained OGWR points

Career
6 PGA Wins
3 European Tour wins
2 PGA Australia Wins
1 LIV Tour Win

Major Record
Master T2nd
Open Winner
US Open T4th
USPGA T13th
Sound like another Patrick Reed to me. By joining LIV he showed that he didn't have the stomach for the fight. He took the easy money, and my hope is that he doesn't sue anyone while trying to return to the pgatour.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
I'm not sure LIV does a great job at actually advertising its events.
I'm a golf fan who frequents plenty of golf websites, subscribed to 100s of golf YouTube channels, and post on an active golf forum.
I managed to miss the fact they were playing in Chicago. Day 1 was over by the time I realised.
How are they expecting to attract the kind of viewing figures they would like if someone like me missed the date for a tournament.

I see the viewing figures for the latest tournament is well down on the ones based in the US. No surprise there. I didnt see one bit of it live due to the time difference. Quite selfishly I'm happy for most of the top golf tournaments to take place in america or Europe.
Fair point.
GM seems to be putting it out there a bit..
https://www.golfmonthly.com/news/liv-golf-jeddah-field-preview-and-prize-money

This guy has a view....
?

Way back I said similar on time zones, PGAT can be quite handy for evening viewing although sometimes goes on too late. As an early riser I watched a fair bit of last week.

Swango1980

Visit site
Fair point.
GM seems to be putting it out there a bit..
https://www.golfmonthly.com/news/liv-golf-jeddah-field-preview-and-prize-money

This guy has a view....
?

Way back I said similar on time zones, PGAT can be quite handy for evening viewing although sometimes goes on too late. As an early riser I watched a fair bit of last week.
Bit of a silly question from Kostis. Would be like asking why the media don't look at both sides of the Russia Ukraine conflict :)

LIV golf is simply a rogue tour that has basically come in and stolen players from the well grounded PGA Tour. It hasn't earned its stripes, but basically put a huge spanner in the works. Most golf related journalists have become accustomed to the main tours, onow them inside out, and followed them for years. Probably been a member of them in many cases. They have done well through those tours, and so clearly support them.

So, is it any wonder that are not going to start worshipping everything Greg Norman is doing?

evemccc

Visit site
[
Bit of a silly question from Kostis. Would be like asking why the media don't look at both sides of the Russia Ukraine conflict:)

LIV golf is simply a rogue tour that has basically come in and stolen players from the well grounded PGA Tour. It hasn't earned its stripes, but basically put a huge spanner in the works. Most golf related journalists have become accustomed to the main tours, onow them inside out, and followed them for years. Probably been a member of them in many cases. They have done well through those tours, and so clearly support them.

So, is it any wonder that are not going to start worshipping everything Greg Norman is doing?

But the bit I’ve bolded is precisely what an objective, sensible, balanced, well-grounded, pluralist media should do in any difference of opinion, debate, conflict, or argument!