Is this an especially wet Winter where you play?

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I've lived in the flatlands of the Fens now for 10 years. It is typically the driest part or the country. I've not seen persistent heavy rain like this since we moved here.
I have a few friends that are farmers who tell me its the wettest they have recorded for a very long time.

mister v

Visit site
Ours is clay based so doesnt do well in the wet at the best of times, but after the rain we've had its been shut the last few days and quite rightly so, the director of golf and the green staff are great and keep us members informed of when inspections will take place and then post the inspection reports on the website straight away
We had a bit of a disater where some work on the fairways on a couple of holes had been attempted but heavy plant machinery and soaking wet fairways dont mix and that hasnt helped.
with more rain forecast we might struggle for a knock over the next week or so.

sunshine

Visit site
- The year started off pretty wet. We were just starting to turn a corner with some drier weather in March when lockdown struck.
- April and May were then the sunniest months on record.
- The summer was ok.
- October was pretty wet, we started losing some days due to exceptional rainfall, which is not usual at my course for the time of year.
- November was then dry during lockdown 2.
- As soon as lockdown was lifted it started raining again persistently. The water table is now so high that it doesn't take much to tip things over the edge. Every day we have a little bit of rain to keep the course waterlogged.

I'm beginning to suspect my wife is controlling the rain to stop me from playing golf.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Ours is clay based so doesnt do well in the wet at the best of times, but after the rain we've had its been shut the last few days and quite rightly so, the director of golf and the green staff are great and keep us members informed of when inspections will take place and then post the inspection reports on the website straight away
We had a bit of a disater where some work on the fairways on a couple of holes had been attempted but heavy plant machinery and soaking wet fairways dont mix and that hasnt helped.
with more rain forecast we might struggle for a knock over the next week or so.

We're clay based and even though the green staff have worked hard to make sure the drainage ditches are clear so the water can flow it is simply sitting on top of the club in puddles with nowhere to go.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
I was planning on playing Wednesday....more rain then so I may just call it quits for a while.
I had Tue (22nd) off work and had booked a tee time, but thought the course was borderline on Sunday and it's been raining most of today so have binned it off.

D

Deleted member 25172

The rain that is pouring down here now is unbelievable. I don’t think the course will open again until 2021.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yesterday was wet & miserable & few of use turned out for the Seniors Comp which in the end no one entered. Course is open & greens weren't flooding up. However I had an hour on TopTracer on our Range & booked 10am tee for a birthday round today..... weather looking almost Good! but will be a waterproof socks day for sure.