Is this an especially wet Winter where you play?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Even the great sponge that is Ellesborough has, almost, succumbed to the elements.
Carry only today.
I have a carry bag, Fragger has to acquire one.
Hopefully the shop has one....click and collect of course..

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Course closed. Again. It doesn't affect me, as I wasn't going to play, but the tee sheet was mobbed.

Really dislike this 2 ball thing. I guess you need to be really organised, find a partner in advance, know which day you want to play, and be on the trigger at 7 am a week in advance. That isn't me, so I doubt I will play much until it goes back to 4 balls.

Mandofred

Visit site
The course is open today (kind of...), closed yesterday afternoon..... 9 holes and all temp greens.....sounds a bit desperate to me.

Mandofred

Visit site
Course closed. Again. It doesn't affect me, as I wasn't going to play, but the tee sheet was mobbed.

Really dislike this 2 ball thing. I guess you need to be really organised, find a partner in advance, know which day you want to play, and be on the trigger at 7 am a week in advance. That isn't me, so I doubt I will play much until it goes back to 4 balls.
Kind of my attitude. I have a few people who have put my name down with them next week....fine with me, I'll either play or cancel towards the time depending on the weather. I won't join the BRS fight for tee times. Unless we get some better weather I'm not even bothering to put my name down for the foreseeable future.

SammmeBee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

See you in the summer!!

D

Deleted member 15344

45C75687-A7EA-4CFF-BE21-968A14294A33.jpeg
This is John O Gaunt - the 13th , the little steam that runs across the fairway appears to have grown

Ross61

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Our course has been closed since Monday. I played 9 holes Sunday as under tier 4 we were reduced to 2 balls and we were restricted to 9 to let all bookings play. I also only played as it was the last Sunday before Xmas for our swindle.
The course was close to unplayable in places and the ground was getting churned up by footprints (carry only). I vowed I would not play again until 2021 for the sake of the course. Others didn’t seem to care, so I was pleased that further rainfall forced the course to close. What I don’t understand is the club appears to be keen to repen a soon as the ground dries out a bit. Surely being as we are in tier 4 there is no income from members playing and if anything it is costing the club to reopen at the detriment of the welfare of the course.

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
not looking good, with the storm forecasted for Boxing Day, I'll be lucky to get a game at my home club before 2021. As I drove past today the 4th, 5th, 7th and 8th fairway were under water, fortunately the greens are raised so survives most flooding

being on designated flood plain doesn't help, but it is what it is.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
The arrow is pointing at my course and I live in the middle of the circle. It's a touch damp round these parts.
Screenshot_20201224_205028.jpg

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Rockcliffe Hall is open but if you spend that sort of money on development and charge that much in fees then it had better be waterproof. The 3 local links courses are open but then the only thing that closes them is snow.
However, every parkland course in the area is currently closed.
My own course has been closed more than open for weeks and then only the front nine. I walked the back with the dog last week, and it looks good, but it would as we have hardly played it. Some slopes were particularly slippery and in one spot I managed to leave a trail of footprints in the wet boggy ground.
Hoping to play Tuesday and Wednesday, but I'm pretty sure that we haven't had a totally dry day in months, so it really is a case of hope over expectation.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Rockcliffe Hall is open but if you spend that sort of money on development and charge that much in fees then it had better be waterproof. The 3 local links courses are open but then the only thing that closes them is snow.
However, every parkland course in the area is currently closed.
My own course has been closed more than open for weeks and then only the front nine. I walked the back with the dog last week, and it looks good, but it would as we have hardly played it. Some slopes were particularly slippery and in one spot I managed to leave a trail of footprints in the wet boggy ground.
Hoping to play Tuesday and Wednesday, but I'm pretty sure that we haven't had a totally dry day in months, so it really is a case of hope over expectation.
Does Rockcliffe have many members? I never really saw it as a members place but I don't know it that well.

My place has been closed for about 5-6 days on the trot. We aren't links or on chalk but it is very, very rare for us to be closed for more than a couple of days at a time. I'd be surprised if it opens in the next few days either

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Never seen so much standing water after last nights storm. Those that played the back nine said the tee boxes were waterlogged and balls were plugging off the tee and on approach shots to the green. Really needs to be closed tomorrow to give it a break