Golf Things That Gladden The Heart

sjw

Visit site
Yeah I hate that. Every driving range I've ever used always seems to be wind into, for some reason. Not only is it unpleasant but the ball flight is practically useless as well.
You mean to tell me that my 60 degree landing angle with my 7 iron isn't going to carry onto the course? :(

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Yeah I hate that. Every driving range I've ever used always seems to be wind into, for some reason. Not only is it unpleasant but the ball flight is practically useless as well.
Good practice for playing into the wind....work out how to keep the ball low...

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It's better than a following wind for determining curve. Our range has the prevailing wind behind. Much prefer it when it's in my face as this exaggerates the side spin so I can see which way it's going better.
No wind is obviously not bad, though that's when you get the midges which can make it unbearable.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
We are fraise mowing significant areas of rough - idea being to tear out the dense ground level stuff. Objectives are to have good fescue and heathland type growth, and also to speed up play by getting rid of the dense ground level layer that we struggle to find our ball in

But boy it looks severe. Bit like having a number 0 or 1 haircut, but as unsure keeping the faith that it‘ll grow back…

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Draw for Winter Singles K/O done. Normally do OK in this comp…won it twice.

Will have fun in my 1st round - playing off our front tees I give my opponent 20 shots 🙄. Not too bothered about the 2 shot holes…one is, for the higher handicapper, a very difficult par 5 and the other a very difficult par 4. Don’t think I’ve ever played a match in which I’ve give 20 (or more) shots.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Spent the day at the DP Tour qualifier at Desert Springs, Almeria. A very breezy day. Seen a number of qualifiers there but today, in trying conditions, has seen some of the best golf we’ve watched there.

-21 over 4 rounds when round 2 was suspended due to high winds, and today was a bit wild at times. Saw plenty of birdies, and it wasn’t a short course and I know from personal experience that it’s quite tight. Lots of driving irons and 3 woods off a good number of tees today.

Visit site
Made my scratch team debut yesterday - hadn’t played for 3 weeks due to rain washouts and was very nervous. Managed to go 5up thru 6 and halved the 7th in birdie!!

Then he came back at me. Hit a cold shank when the match was on a plate on 14, but won 2&1 in the end. My nerves were shredded after almost throwing it away.

Then got a half in the foursomes match. Undefeated, we’ll take it 😎

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Made my scratch team debut yesterday - hadn’t played for 3 weeks due to rain washouts and was very nervous. Managed to go 5up thru 6 and halved the 7th in birdie!!

Then he came back at me. Hit a cold shank when the match was on a plate on 14, but won 2&1 in the end. My nerves were shredded after almost throwing it away.

Then got a half in the foursomes match. Undefeated, we’ll take it 😎
Well done, nothing like scratch team golf to get your pulse rate going. I’ve been playing scratch team golf since 1995 and still get a bit nervy on the 1st tee. Made my county seniors debut this year and was 💩ing myself before my first tee shot.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Nice little haul of 1st's and 2nd's for Jamie at the Dewsbury District Junior presentation night last night, but the icing in the cake was taking the order of merit win - get's his name on a board down in the main bar.
Got a great bunch of kids in the Junior Section there - hopefully they can build on the momentum of individual and team performances and successes this year. (y)

2023-11-06_19-07-52_498.jpg

Skytot

Visit site
Nice little haul of 1st's and 2nd's for Jamie at the Dewsbury District Junior presentation night last night, but the icing in the cake was taking the order of merit win - get's his name on a board down in the main bar.
Got a great bunch of kids in the Junior Section there - hopefully they can build on the momentum of individual and team performances and successes this year. (y)

View attachment 50352
Heard good reports about the Mizuno balls

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Just had around half of our bunkers remodeled, with plans for the remainders to be done next year, which is fantastic as the bunkers were one of the biggest weaknesses on the course. This is the one of the new fairway bunkers......

View attachment 50359

Cool, it's hard to tell on phone, is that sand or the concrete base?