Golf Things That Gladden The Heart

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just had around half of our bunkers remodeled, with plans for the remainders to be done next year, which is fantastic as the bunkers were one of the biggest weaknesses on the course. This is the one of the new fairway bunkers......

View attachment 50359
We are having similar work done (by Durabunker) so bunkers look like those . 7 holes done now with rest to be done over next 2/3 years. They look, and play, really good

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Didn't realise you were so local to me. I've heard about this, sounds like a hell of a job. When does it reopen? Bet you'll be glad to get back to 18 holes??
Weather permitting, the front 9 will be back open at the end of the month. The bunkers and surrounding areas will most likely be GUR until spring.

Although given the state of some of the tracks left by heavy machinery it could be delayed a couple of weeks.

The back 9 will be done at the same time next year.

Reactions: sjw

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Went to our Captains Supper and presentation evening last Friday. Had a very pleasant surprise when I was awarded the Order of Merit Cup for the best 8 net scores in the 11 Saturday board comps. I wasn’t even aware of this cup and only played in 9 of those comps so I’m well chuffed.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Imagine standing on the tee of a Par 3 and your opponent holes their tee shot. You're now standing over your tee shot thinking "this is for the half".......

Happened to me in the club KO a few years back.
Unfortunately I didn't have the carefully chosen pin position to guide the ball into the hole and (perhaps?) several goes at it, so I lost the hole. :(

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I was saying last Thursday I had never seen a red kite on the course. My PPs had. Blow me I saw one yesterday. 😁👍

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Getting one of the Titleist Tour Speeds that I “retired” after last winter round the course again. It’s looking tired after 6 full laps in the mud. Including putts, that’s about 450 hits if I use an average of 75 per round.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I was saying last Thursday I had never seen a red kite on the course. My PPs had. Blow me I saw one yesterday. 😁👍
When I played at Sherfield Oaks two weeks ago watching them was the highlight of the round. The course should not have been open. Absolutely soaked everywhere, although the greens were not too bad.

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
When I played at Sherfield Oaks two weeks ago watching them was the highlight of the round. The course should not have been open. Absolutely soaked everywhere, although the greens were not too bad.
Was a member there a couple of years ago when it was a Crown course and they used to boast that they were open all year with no temp tees & greens - which is great apart from when you are walking down some of the fairways in ankle deep mud