Golf Things That Gladden The Heart

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My club has ten minute gaps still, but you can only book on weekdays so it's worthless. On weekends it's three-tee start, just sign up in the pro shop when you arrive and out you go. The 1st is a long par 3 so I guess that spaces the groups out ok, but the other tees are either a par 5 or a short par 4 so it's back to waiting until people are just out of range and then hit.

(Edit: None of this gladdens my heart, but I was responding to the above messages.)

We are 8 mins, I think we should not let people tee off until the green is clear, mad as it sounds it would really space it out .. doesn't take long to play the 1st

sjw

Visit site
The knowledge that my handicap can only go down or stay the same with the next card I put in, after two increases of +1 in the last two rounds 😅

sjw

Visit site
Having struggled with the "sherman tanks" for the last few months, i managed 18 holes without one and played some quite tidy golf. it was one of my most enjoyable moments on a golf course.....
Is Sherman Tank related to Tommy?

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
Having struggled with the "sherman tanks" for the last few months, i managed 18 holes without one and played some quite tidy golf. it was one of my most enjoyable moments on a golf course.....
there is one obvious reason why the golfing gods have curesed you with the "shermans"...

the use of iron covers 😂

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
It's a SHANK for goodness sake.
SHANK!
(I get them occasionally too)
…and what really gladdens my heart is that the word SHANK no longer strikes the fear of death in me - even though I too will still occasionally hit one, but it’s taken near 20yrs 😳🙄👍

Last edited:

sjw

Visit site
I shank about 20 every time I go to the range at the moment. No idea what's happening. Just have to laugh and hit the next one

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I shank about 20 every time I go to the range at the moment. No idea what's happening. Just have to laugh and hit the next one
Exactly what used to happen to me at the driving range. Haven't had it lately though, touch wood. I think I hit it better on the course because I'm much more target-focused, I prefer to think about where I'm going over what I'm doing. Also the driving range can feel a little claustrophobic, particularly with the longer clubs, so maybe we don't swing as freely there.

sjw

Visit site
Exactly what used to happen to me at the driving range. Haven't had it lately though, touch wood. I think I hit it better on the course because I'm much more target-focused, I prefer to think about where I'm going over what I'm doing. Also the driving range can feel a little claustrophobic, particularly with the longer clubs, so maybe we don't swing as freely there.
Last week's range session saw me find some consistency with the last 30 balls or so, with my swing back to normal, and at the weekend I struck the ball really well. Last night's range session saw me go thin, pure, shank, pure, thin, pure etc for the first 20 balls. I always start so poorly at the moment.

Having said that, the range wasn't a particularly pleasant place to be last night, with the rain swirling into the bays. I left a strike pattern on the mat!

strikemat.jpeg

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Last week's range session saw me find some consistency with the last 30 balls or so, with my swing back to normal, and at the weekend I struck the ball really well. Last night's range session saw me go thin, pure, shank, pure, thin, pure etc for the first 20 balls. I always start so poorly at the moment.

Having said that, the range wasn't a particularly pleasant place to be last night, with the rain swirling into the bays. I left a strike pattern on the mat!

View attachment 50026
Yeah I hate that. Every driving range I've ever used always seems to be wind into, for some reason. Not only is it unpleasant but the ball flight is practically useless as well.