Eurovision 2022

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Well well well. Thing is you forget from year to year how this works, well I do, or maybe I just block it out, anyhoo it's the "eastern block" countries that vote each other in and nutz to the rest and the better songs.
It doesn't have to be political, it might just be cultural. Similar countries like similar music. But I think this is why neighbours get a lot of the votes.

And immigration. Millions of Turkish people living in Germany give Turkey a lot of points each year. The Irish in the UK for Ireland. ...
The English in Spain?

We are going into Saturday blind, not having watched a semi final, not having heard a single song yet, as far as we know.

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
Should be renamed the Political Eurovision Song Contest.
I actually remember it being non political.
Puppet in a box, Boom bang a bong, Waterloo station.
'Nil points' would make a better song than the rubbish these days.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
It doesn't have to be political, it might just be cultural. Similar countries like similar music. But I think this is why neighbours get a lot of the votes.

And immigration. Millions of Turkish people living in Germany give Turkey a lot of points each year. The Irish in the UK for Ireland. ...
The English in Spain?

We are going into Saturday blind, not having watched a semi final, not having heard a single song yet, as far as we know.

Do they not still have juries? I didn't know it was now a public vote?