Eurovision 2023

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
So the tickets prices have been announced for the Eurovision Song Contest in Liverpool this year. On the radio, the BBC stated that tickets will range from £30 to £380 - what they failed to mention is the cheaper tickets are for the preview shows (read rehearsals) and the cheapest ticket for the actual final are £160!!! :eek: Good job I'm not a fan as I wouldn't be paying that

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Pretty much typical prices for big event tickets, take a look at the BST concerts in Hyde Park

General admission for Pink is £207
Billy Joel just over £250

Top tickets are well over 400 smackers.

And nothing wrong with discounted tickets for displaced Ukrainians, it’s their gig after all, we are just hosting it on their behalf

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
I might actually watch this one on the telly. Haven't done so for a long time.
It might turn out to be a significant event for Ukraine, somehow, one way or another.

D

Deleted member 15344

For some the Eurovision is a must watch each year , it’s just a mad competition that throws up some weird and at times wonderful stuff. We have had some fun Eurovision parties with friends etc

There is no doubt that the place will be rammed

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Pretty much typical prices for big event tickets, take a look at the BST concerts in Hyde Park

General admission for Pink is £207
Billy Joel just over £250

Top tickets are well over 400 smackers.

And nothing wrong with discounted tickets for displaced Ukrainians, it’s their gig after all, we are just hosting it on their behalf

They have gone up massively. Went to the Passenger gig a few years ago and it cannot have cost more than £50

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Oooo must have missed this. So here we go. Not really been in the mood for this this year but trying to get involved. This years party is off, most are heading for the local beer festival. So it's gonna be me and the missis and 12 yo grandson watching. Sweden are bookies favs, and they are pretty good at predicting this. BUT, after watching Tuesdays semi final, oh come on they been doing semis for years, oooer missis, watch out for Finland. Stunning performance. Bonkers song, might carry it. We've got an outside shot, nice little ditty. Irelands great song died with a poor performance by their bloke, very very nervous. Some amazing singers. Israel have sent their superstar pop girl and she's a stunner with an incredible voice. Love Portugals effort, proper foot tapper, top five maybe. Quite a lot of songs are very samey. Slow start then pow, we're into the boppy bit. Some are very much like recent songs, watch out for law suits, al la Ed Sheeran's. I'm currently watching the second semi final. Best bit about so many countries being involved is that the clowns commentating, the bearded toothy fellow, he's actually good, but Scott Mills is being shown up by him. Not difficult I know.

So, my prediction? I'm going for Finland. It'll be tight, but I think they'll nick it.

RichA

Visit site
Tuesday most of the songs (not Finland though) sounded like tribute acts for bands from 20 years ago - but not very good.
I liked Armenia and Estonia tonight, so far.
A close friend has old mates who work in TV. The word is that Rylan is the nicest man on the planet, loved by all the crews.
Albania were just very good.
I'm really enjoying the "postcards" that introduce each song.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Nice that there is a wee boost to the tourism industry. But OMG, what a load of guff this event is year after year.
Australia in Europe, hello!