Eurovision 2023

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
I’ll add Sweden to that as well. Thrown in a previous winner which did end up abit of a smash hit and got a fair bit of air time.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sam Ryder must be gutted he wasn't singing this year, he'd walk it. Poor bunch so far. Probably the Finnish one for me so far (not great but very Eurovision.)

IanMcC

Visit site
Like a previous poster, I had a punt to create an interest. I backed Austria to be top 10 at 6/4. I don't think I got value. Sweden will win. Other strong showings from Italy, Belgium and Estonia.

RichA

Visit site
Sam Ryder must be gutted he wasn't singing this year, he'd walk it. Poor bunch so far. Probably the Finnish one for me so far (not great but very Eurovision.)
Apart from a couple of comedy shockers I think it's been surprisingly good.
Come on Czechia.
Or Armenia.
Or Albania.
Or Estonia.
Or France.
Or Spain.
Shame about the UK's Baby Shark tribute.

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
I don’t think I can put money on this. Not clued up on the politics and middle aged so not down with the kids but I’d expect.
Cyprus/Norway/Sweden/Belgium/Estonia to do well/win

Wild card Australia.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Apart from a couple of comedy shockers I think it's been surprisingly good.
Come on Czechia.
Or Armenia.
Or Albania.
Or Estonia.
Or France.
Or Spain.
Shame about the UK's Baby Shark tribute.
Finland was fun, pure Eurovision and the Swedish and Israeli songs were okay euro pap but I don't think anything stood out or will be remembered.

I go to bed once the last act sings so I don't watch the half time show, results etc. Up to that point, the highlight was Mel in the background of one link doing her Russian milkmaid skit 😄

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Brilliant performance by the three women presenters. Now it's not often you will hear me say this, but they were excellent. GN was really shown up to be the poor Terry Wogan he is. That bloke who's in everything with the teeth should be given the job from now on. He was great presenting the semi finals. The UK song was good, but not what Eurovision wants, look at Polands poor showing too. It was also a very poor performance. The shockingly bad dancers didn't help either. Best performances were Finland and Israel BY FAR. I hated the winning song. She screeched away, blurg! She also looked like a female Mick Jagger, not a good look IMO. Gave up watching when Sweden was romping home in the panel voting. Maybe it's time we stopped them voting now and left it to the public.
Only 12 months till the next one !!!!!

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
I enjoyed it, thought the UK song was excellent, also liked Austria, Israel and Normway Entries.The votes are well odd and obviously cultural difference come in to play. The Swedish entry was pants and can't believe it won. I thought the stage and arena was amazing and the whole show really well done, Liverpool was amazing but it still feels like europe saying up yours to us regardless of what we generally put up, not sure how Sam Ryder did so well last year.

RichA

Visit site
Yes. Liverpool and the BBC did a great job. The venue, lights and staging were excellent.
I thought the UK song was drivel and poorly performed.
I didn't like the Swedish song, which seemed well written and produced but was a bit dull.
The songs that are a bit poppy but with a bit of the country's culture thrown in are my favourites. I actually liked France and Spain, but I think I was in the minority.
Disappointing for me that the young women from Czechia didn't do better. There's was the best Eurovision performance for me.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yes. Liverpool and the BBC did a great job. The venue, lights and staging were excellent.
I didn't like the Swedish song, which seemed well written and produced but was a bit dull.
The songs that are a bit poppy but with a bit of the country's culture thrown in are my favourites. I actually liked France and Spain, but I think I was in the minority.
Disappointing for me that the young women from Czechia didn't do better. There's was the best Eurovision performance for me.

I didn't watch most of it but turned over and saw the last couple of acts. When I first heard our entry way back I really liked it. Catchy. Nice pop sound. Last night it didn't even sound the same song. The sound was all wrong. I was just falling asleep but what I did see the staging and performance was just a bit dull.

Personally I'll be happy NOT to have it and Liverpool rammed down my throat by the BBC from now on :)

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I rather enjoyed the Belgian song by the Belgian 'Boy George'. Strong late 80s/early 90s vibe about it. That aside I concur 100% with your assessment. Spectacularly bonkers but the songs and acts mostly garbage. Didn't think Mae Muller did herself justice - though the song itself was OKaaay...and I wondered whether she sang it 'live' and 'unauto-tuned' when a lot of the performances seemed anything but.

RichA

Visit site
Has the Czech Republic officially been dropped now as a name or was this just a Eurovision thing? I'm not being clever, interested to know.
It was mentioned last night that the people of Czechia have asked for it to be used.
I've just googled it and it seems that's been the official anglicised name for 30 years but we've just chosen to ignore their request until recently.