Eurovision 2022

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Last British winner was Katrina and the Waves. She was half decent in her time
And 'half indecent' since? :rolleyes: Not even British!
Eurovision has been farcical for a long time - if not forever! Only positive has been the song selection process - at least the UK one. Sandy Shaw performing on the Rolf Harris show was good TV entertainment for the time - but probably banned now.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I just feel that we've given up as it's all so futile. No decent artist would enter it for us out of embarrassment.
Blue and Bonnie Tyler entered a few years ago and we have also had songs written by Andrew Lloyd Webber (fifth in 2009)in the recent past so it's not through want of big names that we are rubbish

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
But the songs, compared to what else was in that year, weren't appalling. There are always far worse songs on offer and, these days, we still don't get votes because it's political and everyone hates us.
This year, apparently, the winner is a no-brainer.
Who would want to win anything with a sympathy vote...
Waste of time and money

theoneandonly

Blackballed
Visit site
But the songs, compared to what else was in that year, weren't appalling. There are always far worse songs on offer and, these days, we still don't get votes because it's political and everyone hates us.
Waste of time and money
They all hate us is a lazy narrative, if we actually put some effort in and put on a show we'd do ok. Take a look how much last year's winner was different to our entry.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I thought it was a song contest....
Are you saying a really crap song can win if they put on a good show..?
So it's the Eurovision Performance Contest....

Visit site
I think the UK sees Eurovision different to Europe - its actually quite an event here (at least in France & Italy)
The lass is currently watching the secnd semi-final now (asfter part 1 the other night) and will be glued to the screen on Saturday night
Its my equivalent of teletubbies :p

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Waste of time and money
If it was a sympathy vote, surely the UK would be a shoo-in after our last few results?

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
Complete waste of TV time. Why watch something were the voting for many of the countries can be predicted without hearing the song at all .... and don't get me started on that famous European country Australia :ROFLMAO:

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Complete waste of TV time. Why watch something were the voting for many of the countries can be predicted without hearing the song at all .... and don't get me started on that famous European country Australia :ROFLMAO:

Ooooo that's a bit harsh. It's the ONLY thing to keep the licence for at the moment, in my opinion. I struggled to pick 10 to go though last night. Again I stopped watching when the performances ended. Will watch the rest with breakfast this morning.
Malta was the standout song last night for me. ireland was ok. I'm still sulking over Croatia not getting though. Sweden was ok as well. They never put a bad song in.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well well well. Thing is you forget from year to year how this works, well I do, or maybe I just block it out, anyhoo it's the "eastern block" countries that vote each other in and nutz to the rest and the better songs. Don't bother to watch on Saturday, it will be on at mine as we are having big party outside, but I will not be watching. God there's some dross that got voted through. No Malta, Ireland, Macedonia, Croatia. Are they really better? You bet your mortgage they are!!!! It's all a big saddening really. Oh well, I'll be proper inebriated as I will be watching the footie before as well. Hic !

theoneandonly

Blackballed
Visit site
Well well well. Thing is you forget from year to year how this works, well I do, or maybe I just block it out, anyhoo it's the "eastern block" countries that vote each other in and nutz to the rest and the better songs. Don't bother to watch on Saturday, it will be on at mine as we are having big party outside, but I will not be watching. God there's some dross that got voted through. No Malta, Ireland, Macedonia, Croatia. Are they really better? You bet your mortgage they are!!!! It's all a big saddening really. Oh well, I'll be proper inebriated as I will be watching the footie before as well. Hic !
Crazyface for prime minister.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
I am becoming concerned about the number of people on this board, some of whom I have played golf with and who claim to be music lovers, who appear to have the sort of knowledge of this event only acquired by watching it… ??