Eurovision 2022

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well it's that time of year again. My parties starting to get organised. The weather is playing ball for once, so it's looking like an FA cup final and Eurovision outdoors this year. I'm just watching the end of last nights first semi final. I watched up to the voting bit last night. The Italians have put a brilliant show on. The songs in the first semi final were of a decent standard so I'm looking forward to a great few days. I'm a tad annoyed that the bookies have installed Ukraine as favorites, they are usually right. This will ruin it for me if they win. The song isn't worthy of winning, simple as that. Sure we all feel for the Ukraine, but this is a song contest not a vote on which country needs the worlds sympathy most at the moment. Also the BBC presenters, although thankfully not on screen, are, and never will be, as good as Sir Terry. Anyhoo, back to the contest. Moldovas song was a riot. Croatia was good. Lithuania was cool. Blimey, Portugal got though!!!!!! Christ Norway got though!!!!! I'm doing this "live" Yup, Ukraine made it. Moldova got though, watch this !!!! Brilliant.....one left....and it's.....wow Netherlands.....it's dire!!!!!!....no Croatia, that's sad. C U Thursday night!!!!!!! :):)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
It's all about 2nd place this year, the winner is done and dusted. Hopefully our guy will come away with some respect. I like the song, he just has to put on a performance.

D

Deleted member 23270

Well it's that time of year again. My parties starting to get organised. The weather is playing ball for once, so it's looking like an FA cup final and Eurovision outdoors this year. I'm just watching the end of last nights first semi final. I watched up to the voting bit last night. The Italians have put a brilliant show on. The songs in the first semi final were of a decent standard so I'm looking forward to a great few days. I'm a tad annoyed that the bookies have installed Ukraine as favorites, they are usually right. This will ruin it for me if they win. The song isn't worthy of winning, simple as that. Sure we all feel for the Ukraine, but this is a song contest not a vote on which country needs the worlds sympathy most at the moment. Also the BBC presenters, although thankfully not on screen, are, and never will be, as good as Sir Terry. Anyhoo, back to the contest. Moldovas song was a riot. Croatia was good. Lithuania was cool. Blimey, Portugal got though!!!!!! Christ Norway got though!!!!! I'm doing this "live" Yup, Ukraine made it. Moldova got though, watch this !!!! Brilliant.....one left....and it's.....wow Netherlands.....it's dire!!!!!!....no Croatia, that's sad. C U Thursday night!!!!!!! :):)
It's never been a song contest, always been tactical voting for friends/neighbouring countries/hated countries. UK has put some passable songs in over the years but we haven't come anywhere for years. Total farce of a competition, can't understand why anyone would want to watch it. Ukraine will probably win this year even if their song is absolute pants.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Reckon Ukraine are a shoe in for the sympathy vote, which while being all well & good, just confirms what I’ve been saying for years.

That it isn’t a song contest, it’s a political popularity contest,

Certain countries will always vote for countries they have ties with ie Greece/ Cyprus etc

We are a big contributor to the event, which is why we always get a bye into the final.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
We're second favourite by all accounts and I'll be surprised if we actually make the top 10. Think everyone singing for 2nd place behind the Ukraine and wonder if they will set a points record. Definitely not what it was as a song contest. Think that went as far back as Bucks Fizz

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
We're second favourite by all accounts and I'll be surprised if we actually make the top 10. Think everyone singing for 2nd place behind the Ukraine and wonder if they will set a points record. Definitely not what it was as a song contest. Think that went as far back as Bucks Fizz
The reason we will be 2nd favourites is because they will have asked British bookies who are taking bets from sad deluded Brits :ROFLMAO:
I think the aim should be to get on the left hand side of the leaderboard - not that I will be watching the 4hrs!!! of coverage

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Surely not! We could enter the second coming of the Beatles and still finish second bottom with our customary 8 points from Ireland. Everybody hates us.

theoneandonly

Blackballed
Visit site
Surely not! We could enter the second coming of the Beatles and still finish second bottom with our customary 8 points from Ireland. Everybody hates us.
Sorry thats just dog feaces, every year we send some unprepared geezer out there with a pretty crappy show and are surprised when we come last. Sure there is plenty of politics etc but it doesnt change the fact that despite paying and being guaranteed a spot in the final, we put pretty much zero effort into it.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sorry thats just dog feaces, every year we send some unprepared geezer out there with a pretty crappy show and are surprised when we come last. Sure there is plenty of politics etc but it doesnt change the fact that despite paying and being guaranteed a spot in the final, we put pretty much zero effort into it.
I just feel that we've given up as it's all so futile. No decent artist would enter it for us out of embarrassment.