Sunderland Waterproofs

Captain_Black.

Visit site
A while ago, I had some pro-shop credit that I had to use up & I've never owed a decent set of waterproofs.
So I bought a Sunderland suit (jacket & trousers)

Now I hate playing in the rain & only do so if I have to, but on Wednesday was my first team game of the season & the weather wasn't good.
The first 8 holes was just a bit of drizzle, but then it chucked it down for the rest of the round.

I've got to say, I was fantastically surprised how comfortable the suit was & apart from a slightly damp collar on my shirt, it kept me bone dry, the water just beaded on the fabric & rolled off.

Together with my Footjoy wet weather gloves (equally brilliant) the game was actually enjoyable even though the weather was yuk.
We moan a bit us golfers, so it's nice when something actually works as it should & I won.
So a bit shout out to Sunderland & Footjoy.
I'm still not a fan of the rain though 😕

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Similar to yourself, a couple of years ago I won credit in an open and the only thing that stood out was a Sunderland waterproof jacket. Funnily enough my partner that day went and bought the same jacket, different colour thankfully, having come to the same conclusion about what was available.

Anyway, very comfortable, lightweight, quiet, easy to swing in and so far, wonderfully waterproof. I've also had the slight drip down the neck, too loose a design? I think there is a hidden toggle at the back to tighten it but I've never been able to work it out. Check if you have the same, and see if you can crack it.

gopher99

Visit site
I have had my Sunderland waterproofs for over 23 years now, and they are great. Granted they aren’t the slim design like these days, they are more like MC Hammer pants.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
A while ago, I had some pro-shop credit that I had to use up & I've never owed a decent set of waterproofs.
So I bought a Sunderland suit (jacket & trousers)

Now I hate playing in the rain & only do so if I have to, but on Wednesday was my first team game of the season & the weather wasn't good.
The first 8 holes was just a bit of drizzle, but then it chucked it down for the rest of the round.

I've got to say, I was fantastically surprised how comfortable the suit was & apart from a slightly damp collar on my shirt, it kept me bone dry, the water just beaded on the fabric & rolled off.

Together with my Footjoy wet weather gloves (equally brilliant) the game was actually enjoyable even though the weather was yuk.
We moan a bit us golfers, so it's nice when something actually works as it should & I won.
So a bit shout out to Sunderland & Footjoy.
I'm still not a fan of the rain though 😕
Really sick of the rain now!

IJames

Visit site
A decent set of waterproofs makes for a much more pleasant round in iffy weather! However, in the downpours we've had recently, I wouldn't even consider Golf!

Springveldt

Visit site
I bought a Sunderland gilet from County Golf for £20 last year and it’s probably the best £20 I’ve ever spent. I wear the thing nearly everyday, it’s completely wind proof and ridiculously warm.