Cost of Annual Membership at your Club

How much is Annual Membership at your club?

• Total voters

SHiiBBZ

Club Champion
Visit site
I think this is great! Play more - pay more.

Obviously there will be exceptions but generally speaking I think most clubs top attendees would be in the 55+ category!

Absolutely I agree. Those who are retired are out every single day, rain or shine at 7am. I can only do the weekends and evenings in the summer. If you play more, you pay more init.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Absolutely I agree. Those who are retired are out every single day, rain or shine at 7am. I can only do the weekends and evenings in the summer. If you play more, you pay more init.
I am genuinely wondering what you think the outcome would be if this were to happen at your club.

a) They would pay more.
b) They would play less.
c) They would move to another club.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site

What if they had been loyal members for decades? Being a club member is not pay and play.

Zig

Visit site
Just paid mine today.... £990. We've scrapped the bar levy etc. Free reciprocal visit for early payment ;)

And £70 for my boy (11YO). He's just started playing this year, hitting it OK, nipping down for 6 or 9 holes in the summer before bed. Looking forward to more of that this year!

Think it's great value TBF, year round golf, best course in the area, and seems to be getting better and better. Long may it continue!
Here's to a great golfing year for everyone!

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Ours emailed yesterday, going up from £1163 to £1200. Not too bad an increase and in line with similar clubs in the area.

Still a lot more than what I’d expected when I first joined a club 4 years ago, which was £70ish a month!

SHiiBBZ

Club Champion
Visit site
I am genuinely wondering what you think the outcome would be if this were to happen at your club.

a) They would pay more.
b) They would play less.
c) They would move to another club.

This is my club. We need more younger people and the intermediary membership for us clearly works.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I mate of mine hates big clubhouses. He'd have a mud hut installed that collected fees and sold bottled water.

Your mate isn't stupid. A friend of mine is a club manager and says in the current climate if they were starting again from scratch it would be a small barista style cafe, small changing room with some shoe lockers only and toilet facilities only.

Big clubhouses are a HUGE drain now.

Mandofred

Visit site
Your mate isn't stupid. A friend of mine is a club manager and says in the current climate if they were starting again from scratch it would be a small barista style cafe, small changing room with some shoe lockers only and toilet facilities only.

Big clubhouses are a HUGE drain now.
Our clubhouse is a bit of an old beast. Just re-doing the bathrooms...but I imagine taking care of big older buildings is a real ££££ pit.
68_404.jpg

Mandofred

Visit site
Stunning that! Must love playing there!
I've been a member at 3 different local courses....they each have their highpoints. The 9th (at the bottom) and 18th greens have a butt clenching shot over the beck......and with this dry weather lately, the balls are starting to roll again!!!....on the fairways

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I've been a member at 3 different local courses....they each have their highpoints. The 9th (at the bottom) and 18th greens have a butt clenching shot over the beck......and with this dry weather lately, the balls are starting to roll again!!!....on the fairways

Yeah really cheeky those 2 greens! Must make people really think about their approaches - lovely design!

Mandofred

Visit site
Yeah really cheeky those 2 greens! Must make people really think about their approaches - lovely design!
The number of balls that go in the beck....they aren't even tough shots....but the butt clenches up and people hit balls all over the place. The 9th is a par 3....about 135 from the current tees. The 18th leaves me with about 90-100yds for a 2nd shot..... But the pull of the water is strong.

Mandofred

Visit site
That looks like a beautiful golf course. And yes old clubhouses are a huge drain these days.
If it were up to me, I'd knock the thing down and put in a boxy easy to maintain clubhouse. It probably wouldn't take that long to break even with maintenance costs. Something like this at Moor Allerton (a reciprocal course about 30 min from my house)....but smaller. This clubhouse is nice.
fill-600x500

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Our clubhouse is a bit of an old beast. Just re-doing the bathrooms...but I imagine taking care of big older buildings is a real ££££ pit.
68_404.jpg
Played Oakdale a couple of times and loved it, particularly the 9th off the yellows, if memory served me right you can't really see the green from the whites which takes a bit way from it.

The only hole I didn't take to was 10 with its drive towards the practice ground. I'm a fader.

Mandofred

Visit site
Played Oakdale a couple of times and loved it, particularly the 9th off the yellows, if memory served me right you can't really see the green from the whites which takes a bit way from it.

The only hole I didn't take to was 10 with its drive towards the practice ground. I'm a fader.
I've always been able to see the green on 9.....

The 10th is a great hole. If you can draw the drive (sometimes I can...sometimes, not so much:(). But yes....not so much at this time of year, but during the summer a smashing good drive that doesn't draw will put me in the dreaded practice ground. At this time of year I don't worry about it much. 5 wood for me is the safe/wimpy choice at times.

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site
I've always been able to see the green on 9.....

The 10th is a great hole. If you can draw the drive (sometimes I can...sometimes, not so much:(). But yes....not so much at this time of year, but during the summer a smashing good drive that doesn't draw will put me in the dreaded practice ground. At this time of year I don't worry about it much. 5 wood for me is the safe/wimpy choice at times.

Did not Makenzie base the 12th at Augusta on your 9th, and the 13th drive on your 10th. There are certainly similarities.