Am I overreacting (update it was a prank)

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
But why were they really trying to say-
A- You are a slow player and needs to speed up?
B- They don’t like you and don’t want to play with you anymore?
C- All of the above?
?????????

They know I hate slow play and would be offended to be called slow

Perfectly planned

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sounds like a crock of, to me. I regularly play with a 4 index and when he gets his focused head on it can regularly be 4 or 5 practice swings, and wo be tide anyone should interfere because he will have to start again. There is many a time three of us have ambled all the way up to the green and arrived in time to watch him actually hit his approach shot.

Speed of play is generally a state of mind, not a reflection of handicap. If you make the effort to do the little things that make a difference then anyone can get around in good time.
Made me laugh ?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Fair play to your mates, thats absolutely horrible! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

One of them was round my garden just before just patching up the last bit of the garage to make sure the wiring etc was solid

He knew when I was sitting down to watch TV after dinner

Planned very well

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Got to think of something good!

When they rang to tell me aswell I had just got one of the twins back to sleep and the phone woke her

Safe to say... The wife wasn't impressed
How about something that advises members that if they withdraw from a competition at the very last moment then the club will apply a (monetary) fine. One of my mates at another club has had such a threat as his wife fell ill and he couldn‘t play in a comp - he called the sec and ‘asked him to have the club rethink the threat’...or words to that effect...

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Interesting concept

I guess the theory is the slower players are by definition the higher handicaps so they play later in the day

Many clubs do it for their club championship where the lower handicaps go out first and then everyone is in handicap order

Guess this is what they are doing
The definition is fundamentally flawed though.

This happens at our club championships in the first round. Unfortunately not unusual for the first few 3 balls to take well over 4.5 hours as every shot is played as if its the final hole on Sunday at Augusta! The first few groups are glacial and delays never improve as the (very very long) day goes on. All that it means is a slow round is guaranteed for everyone. It's one of the main reasons I never entered that comp.

We play our normal comps as 4 balls (unfortunately), and I try to be in the earliest group I can. If I'm not already in the bar (pre-covid days) by 4 hours then something has gone wrong.

To the OP - revenge is best served cold - give it a couple of weeks :ROFLMAO:

D

Deleted member 15344

Some of my slowest most painful rounds have been stuck behind single figure handicap groups. Yes they hit most fairways and greens but the time they can take over shots takes the pash.

But by definition they will take less shots so the time they take will be less than say a mid to high handicapper - so whilst they may take 30 seconds more over a shot that still won’t be as slow as someone who say plays 10 or 20 more shots ?‍♂️

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
But by definition they will take less shots so the time they take will be less than say a mid to high handicapper - so whilst they may take 30 seconds more over a shot that still won’t be as slow as someone who say plays 10 or 20 more shots ?‍♂️

I don't know I haven't really thought about the maths, I just know the whole course was backed up behind us and I wanted to walk off after 5 holes. Think it was a 4 hour plus round when generally around that course would be 3.5 hours in a medal comp.

D

Deleted member 15344

I don't know I haven't really thought about the maths, I just know the whole course was backed up behind us and I wanted to walk off after 5 holes. Think it was a 4 hour plus round when generally around that course would be 3.5 hours in a medal comp.

Another issue with medal as well - it’s not the quickest format

Did see a club recommend that on comps when it’s a medal that high handicaps ( maybe 18 above ) play Stableford instead - that would stop people keep going to get that 8 or 9 on the card

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Got to think of something good!

When they rang to tell me aswell I had just got one of the twins back to sleep and the phone woke her

Safe to say... The wife wasn't impressed

The wife's been involved....NOW ITS PERSONAL!!!!

There should be a new thread - IDEAS FOR REVENGE PRANK!