30 minutes before your tee time, are you....

golfbluecustard

Head Pro
Visit site
Having a bacon sarnie or at the range / putting green?

.What's the best use of time? vs what we all tend to do?

Have a four ball on Monday and we'll arrive at the club 45 minutes before our tee time, range or club house will be the question I know half the group will say they need to hit balls the other half will need coffee!

GBC

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
If I go to range before going out it’s simply to get the body moving and swing a club or three, maybe hit a doz balls total. 3 or 4 with each club. Maybe takes 10mins. Will do that just before going out. Before that…breakfast roll and hot chocolate these days. Plenty of chat in clubhouse with guys in the clubhouse then the draw for playing groups.

sunshine

Visit site
What I’d like to be doing: warming up on the range, activating the glutes, getting a feel for the greens with my putter.

What I’m actually doing: driving around dropping off my girls at ballet, gymnastics etc.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Greggs on the way, then warm up in the net or on the range (30 ball bucket). About 20 minutes to go, wander up to the putting green to meet the group and have a catch up - whilst pretending I am putting and chipping to get used to the greens 😜

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
I usually just take a wedge and a couple of balls round our 3 par 3 holes just to get some sort of feeling for a swing. Then its on to the putting green for ten mins. Then a couple of swishes with the driver.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Having a bacon sarnie or at the range / putting green?

.What's the best use of time? vs what we all tend to do?

Have a four ball on Monday and we'll arrive at the club 45 minutes before our tee time, range or club house will be the question I know half the group will say they need to hit balls the other half will need coffee!

GBC

Both for me!!!! Always did need more than half an hour too :)

Last edited:

Albo

Visit site
Half an hour before I’m usually praying my work meetings don’t run over and checking the tee sheet for a later time if they look like they will.
Then 20 mins before telling the wife I’ll be home when it’s dark (this time of year) before jumping in the car and heading off
Then 10 mins before cursing the traffic even though I know I have time to get there and never had enough to warm up anyway.
Then 5 mins before put shoes on and check in, few swings on the 1st tee then balloon on OB right, before a reload and 7 on the first

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Probably just about arrived. Get the clubs out and on the trolley, walk to the pro shop, pay comp subs, wash hello to my pal, 5-10 mins putting/chipping, maybe hit a couple of balls in the net to loosen up a bit, tee off. Same every week!

If it’s a quick round after work I’m still on the way, screech into the car park at 4.59, get clubs out, jog to the first tee ready to top my drive at 5.08!

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Swish few clubs to loosen up, 10 to 15 minutes chipping, 10 minutes putting and then a few swishes with the driver and then watch anxiously to see if my playing partner has arrived as we're on the tee in 2 minutes 👍

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
For medals and stablefords, probably halfway to the club or a bit less (I'm 12 minutes away). Arrive, change shoes, a few putts and then maybe a few hits in the net. Then off.
For swindles, sadly, I have to be there 30 minutes before 1st tee time for the draw. I'd prefer not to be, as I'm just hanging around.
If it's a new course, a team event or big comps, then I may arrive up to an hour before, a coffee beforehand, a few on the range and more time on the putting green/chipping green.

Last edited:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Ah...bit of a problem here in that we don't have tee times........:unsure:
So I've probably just left home..unless we're nosebagging before we go out in which case I'm finishing off my Chips 'n' Bits and my Moretti before unpacking the gear...