30 minutes before your tee time, are you....

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If it’s a club comp I’m there a hour before going through a warm up on the range. If it’s the Friday swindle I’m still at my home office desk 30 mins before I tee off.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Home club, in the car. Aim to arrive 10-12 minutes before tee off.

Away, having my bacon buttie and coffee. It's part of the day, pre round treat.

Never go to the range. At most, 5 whacks in a net, if available, 5 or so putts on the practice green.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I usually get up to the course 20 minute's or so before a medal for warming up, putting etc. Bounce games depends on how busy I am.
Rarely go to the bar for a snack before the game.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Most our group get to the club more than hour before the appropriate tee time to have a good natter and a cup of coffee.

I get annoyed with those that want to go to the range and roll up to the tee at exactly the time on booking system.

We often are able to go out well before the booked tee times (in social games) but often cannot because one player is still on the range.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Depends what time I’m playing. Morning tee time, bacon butty and coffee. Lunchtime tee time, full English. Late afternoon, coffee.

D

Deleted member 17920

Finishing off a full English before loosing my belt and waddling off to the range/net and putting green
That’s me as well.
30 mins before breakfast.

2 mins before tee time hit one ball in net. Job done 🤦‍♂️

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Half an hour before tee time I'm usually at home getting my bag and shoes ready to shove in the car. My club is only 7 minutes drive away. I probably set off with about 20 mins to go before teeing off. I don't hit any balls in the nets these days, never found it to make very much difference. I just spend 5-10 minutes doing stretches and warm-up swings (with two clubs for more weight, or just do some faster than my actual swing). Sometimes I go on the practise green for 5 minutes as well. Then tee off.

Last edited:

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
30 mins ahead of tee-time I'm probably in the locker-room. Like to get there about 40mins ahead of time. Gives me chance to have a leisurely change, and a chat with whoever is there, then out to the nets for a warm up, and a go on tg5e putting green. Then off to the first tee to have a chat with whoever is in front of us, then start Have certainly found that my game has improved now that I have the wee practice beforehand. Pre-covid, used to be that me and another would organised the Sat/Sun rollups and then charge off to the tees to start playing. A bit of preparation on the day helps.

(But if I get there a bit earlier, then coffee & sausage baps may well be on the cards ...)

HeftyHacker

Visit site
30 mins before I'm usually scoffing me porridge down and hoping there's no traffic. Then it's a couple of putts on the putting green followed by a practice swing on the first tee and away we go.

A birdie on the first usually means a disastrous round for me so I don't like to get all my good shots out my system too early.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Home club, in the car. Aim to arrive 10-12 minutes before tee off.

Away, having my bacon buttie and coffee. It's part of the day, pre round treat.

Never go to the range. At most, 5 whacks in a net, if available, 5 or so putts on the practice green.

Pretty much this. Home club is 17 mins away, usually aim to leave half hour before tee time which gives me time to put on shoes and check in at the pro shop before heading to the first.

If I’m visiting another course, usually try and get there an hour early minimum, have a sandwich and a beer or coffee, depending on how I feel. I do like to hit 10 or 20 balls on the range before playing away, if I can.

My new home club has a really good warm up area with free balls for members. I actually went to try and use it for the first time yesterday as I had 15 mins to kill, but our cards wouldn’t work in the range servant…. Another time then.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I don’t use the range before a round. If I’m playing at ours I rarely use the putting green either as the pace of it is always different to those on the course as it’s of a different construction.

Generally I’ll have a coffee, might hit a few chips just to work on my Achilles heel, then it’s first tee, a few practice swings and away we go.