YouTubers.

D-S

Visit site
Given the variance of loft, in and of itself can a club number on its own still be considered advice?🤔
I guess it’s all relative if you know that their 7 is equivalent to your 5 hybrid for example - therefore it could be of use.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Really enjoyed the Gary Martin final video from his Pakistan trip - the video is a little disjointed but the warmth he’s shown on his visit there makes up for it.

Dingy

Visit site
I heard that Walter Hagen was notorious for pulling out one club and telling his playing partners what he was playing and after they played the club he said he was playing and came up short he would club up and say he thought it was optimistic to use the original club.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
If I had to change irons, I think I would go for the strongest loft option from whatever brand, go for the power spec, and then get then bent a couple of degrees down again. The 8 iron with about 24° or 25° maybe, the lowest iron in my bag. Carrying my gap wedge (one of many, but just 'gap wedge' when my pps ask what did I hit) 150yds would have them marvel, and scrambling to order a Stack System. It is tempting fun.

180yds out :
  • What did you hit, Sticks ?
  • An easy eight.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Sorry Rick, i like your channel but a podcast where you narrate stuff you've seen at auguista because your not allowed to film anything is just mince

Switched off after 4 minutes

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
^ I used to really like Rick Shiels' content. More so his podcast than YouTube stuff, but I find all of it now completely and utterly boring. And clickbaity too - his video and podcast titles are like tabloid headlines.

The only thing I think worth watching on YT any more is Strapped and they haven't done one for 9 months now :( Tourist Sauce is good but I find myself feeling very envious :D

I will simply never understand the idea of 18 hole course vlogs. I simply do not have the time to watch bang average golfers looking for balls in the trees, let alone for 30 minutes to an hour?!

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Sorry Rick, i like your channel but a podcast where you narrate stuff you've seen at auguista because your not allowed to film anything is just mince

Switched off after 4 minutes
Oh I don’t know, it helped me get to sleep after the masters 👍

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I used to watch his stuff but I just find his voice soooo dull. Might try again next time I have trouble sleeping.

Andy obviously likes utilising his film making techniques - lots of little parts of the edit are there to make it look well produced - but I had to have a little giggle when he'd edited in some radio frequency tuning sounds over him trying to find the weather forecast on his DAB radio....

Not gonna knock him though - I quite like some of his videos and he has persevered through a horrendous spell of weather.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Andy obviously likes utilising his film making techniques - lots of little parts of the edit are there to make it look well produced - but I had to have a little giggle when he'd edited in some radio frequency tuning sounds over him trying to find the weather forecast on his DAB radio....

Not gonna knock him though - I quite like some of his videos and he has persevered through a horrendous spell of weather.

Alot of the credit for his videos should go to his wife, she does most of the filming.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I saw this on Facebook, someone posted it on the GolfMates forum (hence why he's circled them in the list). Interesting reading - there's some high up that list that I'd never heard of! I believe it's UK only as well, hence GolfSidekick, Paige etc all missing.

I asked about why Crossfield is missing, it's because he's defined as 'golf coach' rather than content creator or something. So I guess the same applies to Danny Maude, Matt Fryer, etc.

It's pretty daft how far out in front Shiels actually is though based on this. 6th, 7th and 8th in the list I'd not heard of at all.

1713258205201.png

He also shared the list of top 'golf coaches' afterwards:

1713258502955.png

Grieve should be higher!