YouTubers.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I am sure it is strictly adhered to in all GP rounds though, as they must be played to the Rules of Golf.
In fairness it's a bit of an outdated rule, I wouldn't bother asking my pal what club he hit given that his swing speed is about 15mph quicker than mine, and also his iron are old so the lofts are about 4 or 5 ° weaker. Not sure what information I'd be able to garner from all that. 😄

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
In fairness it's a bit of an outdated rule, I wouldn't bother asking my pal what club he hit given that his swing speed is about 15mph quicker than mine, and also his iron are old so the lofts are about 4 or 5 ° weaker. Not sure what information I'd be able to garner from all that. 😄
But lots of people don’t understand that. A 7 iron is a 150 club in all conditions for all people.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It, apparently, happens regularly on Tour....
I can understand signalling to commentators but not to other players or caddies..

But what's to stop other caddies watching? Who's to say they weren't signalling to a commentator and a caddy just happened to see

Seemed a storm in a tea cup at the time and seems even more silly now.

No guarantee brooks 5 iron is anywhere near the loft of woodlands

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I can count on one finger the amount of rounds of competitive golf I’ve had where someone doesn’t discuss the club they are thinking of hitting / have just hit.
Bizarre rule that needs removing from the rule book.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I can count on one finger the amount of rounds of competitive golf I’ve had where someone doesn’t discuss the club they are thinking of hitting / have just hit.
Bizarre rule that needs removing from the rule book.

In these days of removing all difficulty from the game I'm sure you're right.

But I'll continue being a self-righteous prig and neither request nor give advice on club selection.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
In these days of removing all difficulty from the game I'm sure you're right.

But I'll continue being a self-righteous prig and neither request nor give advice on club selection.

One rule that you must agree that needs removing is the rule that you get a pen if somebody else offers advise that you didn't even ask for!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Which rule is that?

That one, if you don't stop it..I know players who constant offer tips when you don't ask for them!

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site

That one, if you don't stop it..I know players who constant offer tips when you don't ask for them!

But which rule number is it?

I've never heard of it.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
But which rule number is it?

I've never heard of it.
10.2a /2
If someone gives you advice , you do not then get a penalty but if you do not ask them to stop and they continue such as as they tell you on each tee which club they have hit before you play you are treated as having sought that advice and are thus penalised.

10.2a/2
Player Must Try to Stop Ongoing Advice That Is Given Voluntarily
If a player gets advice from someone other than their caddie (such as a spectator) without asking for it, they get no penalty. However, if the player continues to get advice from that same person, the player must try to stop that person from giving advice. If the player does not do so, they are treated as asking for that advice and get the penalty under Rule 10.2a.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Not to sure about that, most internet 7 irons seem to go at least 180 yds.
And indeed they do - if they keep 'upgrading' to the latest iron 'tech'. (i.e. that 7 iron, as well as a new colourway and snazzy name, comes with 27° on it). So at least that claim is true.

The internet drivers driver who think they gained 20yds with the latest colourway, acronym, and pseudoscience story on the other hand...
The tragedy of drivers 'tech' is that loft can't be cranked down to 3°, and so marketing fantasy has to step into the breach.

Burnsey

Visit site
Not to sure about that, most internet 7 irons seem to go at least 180 yds.

My Callaway Paradym 7 iron went 170, but the ball flight was so low, went through every greed - it was 27 degrees!

I230 is 33 degrees, goes 145 average and stops on a dime.

Distance has been the buzz word in recent years, but I have other clubs now for a 170 shot etc.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
10.2a /2
If someone gives you advice , you do not then get a penalty but if you do not ask them to stop and they continue such as as they tell you on each tee which club they have hit before you play you are treated as having sought that advice and are thus penalised.

10.2a/2
Player Must Try to Stop Ongoing Advice That Is Given Voluntarily
If a player gets advice from someone other than their caddie (such as a spectator) without asking for it, they get no penalty. However, if the player continues to get advice from that same person, the player must try to stop that person from giving advice. If the player does not do so, they are treated as asking for that advice and get the penalty under Rule 10.2a.

Thank you.
I still couldn't find it on the R&A website so had to go and look it up in my 2019 book with interpretations.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Watching the past few break 75s there is a mark improvement in his game

Would be interesting to know what order they were actually filmed.