YouTubers.

Bucktaylor64

Medal Winner
Visit site
I don't think the recent videos are how he's playing at the moment. He recorded the Sergio, Bryson and Bay Hill videos in November (from memory, it was mentioned on the podcast). I suppose they like to make the most of the trips abroad and get lots of videos banked so they can release them over the winter.

The same podcast said that a viewer had taken 40+ of his strokeplay rounds at UK courses and used them to work out his WHS index, it came out at about scratch. Which was a bit of a surprise but I don't play JCB off the tips!
I recall Rick getting assessed and it came out at about +1.2.

slicer79

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I watch various youtubers and although I think that Rick Shiels has the best content, there's quite a few I'd back to beat him.

In the UK I'd bet Alex Elliott, James Robinson, Andy Carter and Peter Finch to emerge victorious maybe Mark Crossfield too!

Not so sure about Matt Fryer or Chris Dennis or Gary Martin. I'd love to see them all together in competition.
I think it would be tight between himself and James Robinson, they'd be similar enough I think.
Matt fryer and Crossfield would be two of the best, both can really play

Barking_Mad

Visit site
I thought that video at Bay Hill was his best in a while. Played better than he has for a while and stayed positive. Thought he was swinging better too not that ugly rapid way he has been at times.

I stopped watching due to his poor mental game and him whining all the time.

However I have watched some of the Bay Hill he'd obviously done a lot work with his swing, looked much better with none of that inside takeaway. Not seen it all but he played fairly well I thought.

Barking_Mad

Visit site
Best golf instructor on YouTube bar none is Mike Porzak (Porzak Golf).

Edit: I say this as he teaches technique and a swing style rather than a collection of random tips. He repeats himself, but far from being boring I find it more like a lesson impressing the need to do x, y, z rather than do it once and move on.

Last edited:

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Best golf instructor on YouTube bar none is Mike Porzak (Porzak Golf).

Edit: I say this as he teaches technique and a swing style rather than a collection of random tips. He repeats himself, but far from being boring I find it more like a lesson impressing the need to do x, y, z rather than do it once and move on.

He is absolutely fantastic. 👍

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I thought that video at Bay Hill was his best in a while. Played better than he has for a while and stayed positive. Thought he was swinging better too not that ugly rapid way he has been at times.

I watched it yesterday, thought he played well and when he walked off with that score it was impressive how quickly they add up. Thought he had been unlucky in parts

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
Watched first half of the new #1 golf course in the USA episode with Rick and Ryan, mostly to see how Ryan does.

Is it just me, but isn't that just one ugly golf course?

I know it's not finished yet (the course building), but...

Will watch the back 9 Saturday or Sunday night to see if it improves.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Watched first half of the new #1 golf course in the USA episode with Rick and Ryan, mostly to see how Ryan does.

Is it just me, but isn't that just one ugly golf course?

I know it's not finished yet (the course building), but...

Will watch the back 9 Saturday or Sunday night to see if it improves.

Yeah I watched it all this morning, I'm not a fan of desert courses, just seen too artificial
I won't spoil the back 9 for you. Once you've seen it watch their hole in one challenge on the other fellas channel, worth seeing

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
Yeah I watched it all this morning, I'm not a fan of desert courses, just seen too artificial
I won't spoil the back 9 for you. Once you've seen it watch their hole in one challenge on the other fellas channel, worth seeing
Just watched the back 9 - no spoilers again, but enjoyed that.

I still wouldn't want to play that course no matter what the cost was.

It was like a parkland course (I play at one) with way too much water, but instead of water it was a lot more sand.

It just didn't look right - maybe it looks better playing it than on camera? They seemed to like it, so possibly that is the case.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just watched the back 9 - no spoilers again, but enjoyed that.

I still wouldn't want to play that course no matter what the cost was.

It was like a parkland course (I play at one) with way too much water, but instead of water it was a lot more sand.

It just didn't look right - maybe it looks better playing it than on camera? They seemed to like it, so possibly that is the case.

I think it's just new, once the grass has bedded in that place will look much nicer.

Good video for sure

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
Just remembered to see that - was a pretty fun watch.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Listening to the rick shiels podcast

Sophie walker talking about her on course commentary..

Explaining how the caddies signal to them what club the player is hitting. So much for all that storm in a tee cup a year ago with brooks and woodland over what club he just took.

Very interesting that it's how it's done