YouTubers.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I watched one of those average joe channels the other week as a mid handicap club golfer plays a round of golf blah blah and uploads an edited 45 min yt vid of their shots to see what they score

Guy was hitting an (important to him) 2nd shot FW near the end of the round, nice lie on fairway, cut to the actual shot after the banter to camera and before he swings there’s now a lovely big divot right next to his ball ! ;)

What’s that now mate, where did that come from? Did your 1st attempt not work out so well and you’re really hitting your 4th shot perhaps but claiming 2nd shot, whatever, as long as you’re having fun just don’t go thinking we’re idiots :rolleyes:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I watched one of those average joe channels the other week as a mid handicap club golfer plays a round of golf blah blah and uploads an edited 45 min yt vid of their shots to see what they score

Guy was hitting an (important to him) 2nd shot FW near the end of the round, nice lie on fairway, cut to the actual shot after the banter to camera and before he swings there’s now a lovely big divot right next to his ball ! ;)

What’s that now mate, where did that come from? Did your 1st attempt not work out so well and you’re really hitting your 4th shot perhaps but claiming 2nd shot, whatever, as long as you’re having fun just don’t go thinking we’re idiots :rolleyes:
Poor

I did a few on course vlogs back in the day, although mainly scramble tests working on short game and if I mucked up it stayed in. I am a very average player and mucking up is what we do so why change it.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

Could he not have just done it with the practise swing though, which they've edited out?

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Could he not have just done it with the practise swing though, which they've edited out?

It crossed my mind too as it is possible, usually happy to give benefit of the doubt and all that but..... Nah, not convinced :p

It has the look of a full blooded FW divot (I've made my share ;)) and then he taps it down with clubhead after hitting the ball like he's just made it with that swing

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
It crossed my mind too as it is possible, usually happy to give benefit of the doubt and all that but..... Nah, not convinced :p

It has the look of a full blooded FW divot (I've made my share ;)) and then he taps it down with clubhead after hitting the ball like he's just made it with that swing
What channel was it? I know the likes of Shiels and Tubes & Ange don't edit out bad shots - it doesn't make any sense to do it, to be honest a lot of viewers tune in for the bad ones! I'm sure Shiels said once he got more hits on his terrible rounds than his best ones.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
What channel was it? I know the likes of Shiels and Tubes & Ange don't edit out bad shots - it doesn't make any sense to do it, to be honest a lot of viewers tune in for the bad ones! I'm sure Shiels said once he got more hits on his terrible rounds than his best ones.
Shiels is very good at finding balls though! And a lot of his bad shots miraculously stay just out of trouble.

On the break 60 scramble he did with Bryson there was some creative editing and a ‘woah how did we find that ball when it was most definitely in the water’ moment.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
And a lot of his bad shots miraculously stay just out of trouble.
Haha.
They're all like this. I sometimes lose balls when I hit good shots, never mind the terrible ones.
But it's an entertainment product, not a WHS card submission, so a little leeway is appropriate. It's kind of ok if they drop it where it probably was... certainly better than playing a mulligan.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site

No its not one of the names/popular golf channels. As I say just a bloke doing his own thing. I stumble across a few vids of the type; ‘watch a high/mid/low handicapper play‘ etc
Most have a tiny following so perhaps saying ‘channel’ was a bit generous but I’ll watch almost any golf with morning coffee

I sometimes see miscounting or not adding penalties & other rule breaches on these one-man-band videos too but its not like they're rounds for handicap so its pretty harmless

If I name it then it’ll either embarrass him or I’ll embarrass myself if the ‘practice swing’ defense is used :p

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
Tommy Fleetwood did a video with Horvat as straight up stroke play - Tommy played a shot as intended but didn't work out as intended; dropped another and played it slightly differently. Horvat duffed a chip, Fleetwood said to replay it..... they played their original balls out but sometimes they re-hit and it's edited out.

In the same video, Horvat had a stinker of a hole - in the rubbish, no real out, went backwards etc. Never seen him in so much trouble - normally he always has a 'shot'.... anyway, I did wonder if it was because he was with Tommy that it stayed in the video and had to be played - my cynicism suspects had he been playing someone else he would have had a 'shot' from the trees. Should be said though, my cynicism doesn't affect my enjoyment of these videos!

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Tommy Fleetwood did a video with Horvat as straight up stroke play - Tommy played a shot as intended but didn't work out as intended; dropped another and played it slightly differently. Horvat duffed a chip, Fleetwood said to replay it..... they played their original balls out but sometimes they re-hit and it's edited out.

In the same video, Horvat had a stinker of a hole - in the rubbish, no real out, went backwards etc. Never seen him in so much trouble - normally he always has a 'shot'.... anyway, I did wonder if it was because he was with Tommy that it stayed in the video and had to be played - my cynicism suspects had he been playing someone else he would have had a 'shot' from the trees. Should be said though, my cynicism doesn't affect my enjoyment of these videos!
To me it looked more like Tommy ‘influenced’ him to take on a daft shot, reckon he’d normally have taken a safer route out, but Tommy talked about seeing the gap. Could be wrong. Enjoyed the video though, what a great bloke Tommy is.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
No its not one of the names/popular golf channels. As I say just a bloke doing his own thing. I stumble across a few vids of the type; ‘watch a high/mid/low handicapper play‘ etc
Most have a tiny following so perhaps saying ‘channel’ was a bit generous but I’ll watch almost any golf with morning coffee

I sometimes see miscounting or not adding penalties & other rule breaches on these one-man-band videos too but its not like they're rounds for handicap so its pretty harmless

If I name it then it’ll either embarrass him or I’ll embarrass myself if the ‘practice swing’ defense is used :p

Geordie Shaw Gaz came to our place, tugged one into the farmers field on the 16th, played it from there and claimed it wasn’t OOB as there were no white markings….

4LEX

Visit site
Geordie Shaw Gaz came to our place, tugged one into the farmers field on the 16th, played it from there and claimed it wasn’t OOB as there were no white markings….
Used to like his stuff but he's got a bit arrogant these days.

Doesn't work full time, plays golf 5 times a week, has a golf sim in his house, golf holiday every month, his coaches are highly rated and he boasts about what an achievement it is to get his handicap down to 4 :ROFLMAO:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

Doesn't work full time, plays golf 5 times a week, has a golf sim in his house, golf holiday every month, his coaches are highly rated and he boasts about what an achievement it is to get his handicap down to 4 :ROFLMAO:
Did like his short game session with Dan Grieve

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Got? My mrs used to subject me to Geordie shore . A typical achieved nothing to get famous and now lives off it even tho he is a nobody

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I watched a 'break 95' vid today (& he didn't) the bloke's got great enthusiasm & passion, just makes the same mistakes most of us went through at that level

Thought it would be good content for someone like Rick Shiels to team up for a Before/After vid to see what improvement they could get playing the same course say 4 weeks apart (with tuition etc in-between obviously)

Albo

Visit site
I watched a 'break 95' vid today (& he didn't) the bloke's got great enthusiasm & passion, just makes the same mistakes most of us went through at that level

Thought it would be good content for someone like Rick Shiels to team up for a Before/After vid to see what improvement they could get playing the same course say 4 weeks apart (with tuition etc in-between obviously)
I like that as an idea, the problem is if they aren’t famous in some way or haven’t got a high number of followers, it won’t maximise the money Shiels etc make so unlikely to happen

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I like that as an idea, the problem is if they aren’t famous in some way or haven’t got a high number of followers, it won’t maximise the money Shiels etc make so unlikely to happen

Yeah that's probably true, shame (although using RS an an example he's already duplicating players on his beat the pro series so something different might be needed soon)

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
I'm actually really enjoying Dechambeau's videos of late. The one with Rick Shiels where each takes the tee shot for 9 holes and then the other plays it out - Bryson hits the most outrageous 5 wood from a really tough lie - it's incredible.

The latest one with Paige Spriranac, he gives her a lesson and it's decent stuff.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm actually really enjoying Dechambeau's videos of late. The one with Rick Shiels where each takes the tee shot for 9 holes and then the other plays it out - Bryson hits the most outrageous 5 wood from a really tough lie - it's incredible.

The latest one with Paige Spriranac, he gives her a lesson and it's decent stuff.

Watched the one with Paige on this morning, didn’t think she came across very well.

Agree with Bryson, I like his YouTube stuff.