YouTubers.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Dear o dear Rick, stop going for the Hollywood shots and for chuffs sake club up!
This latest vlog is a case in point. As always, Rick ‘try and muscle a 9 iron…’, Sergio, major winner and an all time top golfer ‘I’m just gonna hit a soft 52°’. He just doesn’t seem to be learning.

Oh, and a 20-30 yard left shot is a hook not a ‘pulled it a little’…

simsini

Visit site
If you thought Shiels vs Garcia was painful, watch this to get some sanity back. A cracking match.

Bullard should play 18 vs Shiels in a scratch match.

simsini

Visit site
I've been saying that, but in reality, Jimmy would smash him and it would be over pretty quickly I think.
Agree. Jimmy's misses aren't more than 10 years off the fairway. Rick is always hacking back into the fairway. Sergio looked embarrassed for him. Rick could play Tubes in a scratch match and it would be close. 😂

Last edited:

4LEX

Visit site
This latest vlog is a case in point. As always, Rick ‘try and muscle a 9 iron…’, Sergio, major winner and an all time top golfer ‘I’m just gonna hit a soft 52°’. He just doesn’t seem to be learning.

Oh, and a 20-30 yard left shot is a hook not a ‘pulled it a little’…

Rick's golf IQ is similar to an 18 handicapper. He's had lessons with the best coaches, plays with elite tour pros and still goes back to the same brainless style of trying to hit every club miles too hard.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Rick's golf IQ is similar to an 18 handicapper. He's had lessons with the best coaches, plays with elite tour pros and still goes back to the same brainless style of trying to hit every club miles too hard.
I gave up on the Sergio vid on the 4th when Rick hit his drive right off the planet and complained he was unlucky.

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
I gave up on the Sergio vid on the 4th when Rick hit his drive right off the planet and complained he was unlucky.
I watched it all, but was thinking for most of the time, why am I still watching this guy trying to break 75 or do a -10 against a tour pro when I know that the scratch golfer at our club would murder him.

It was a very long course to be fair, but he seems to be getting worse.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site

I wonder if having instant unlimited access to an indoor golf sim and the many thousands of shots might give him a bit of a false reading on his distances
(i've only ever used one once and within 5 minutes I was hitting my PW further than I've ever managed on course)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I like Bullard on the Golf Life channel (Fulham connection) but couldn't stand him on Soccer AM. I think he's a decent golfer but would get found out in a medal event as he has too many car crash holes. Whether that's going for shots for the video or not I don't know but he doesn't seem to scramble too well so can't see him shooting better than +5 in a stroke event

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
That was a painful watch
It really was. I also stopped watching around the 4th, shield is just getting worse and worse. As mentioned by someone else, he has all these lessons from good teachers, it works for the episode and then he just ignores it and goes back to being himself. It’s becoming too samey and painful. The Garcia one more so as Rick didn’t even really seem to be able to make conversation with Sergio..

I’m no Deschambesu fan but thought his sessions with Shiels were pretty good, especially the drill getting him to hit from the sand.

Of late I mostly tend to stick with three channels, I like On The Road with Iona, think she has a good presentation style, is actually pretty good at golf and can hold an interesting conversation.

Never liked him as a player but do like Bullard on Golf Life. Also makes interesting chats and has a decent enough game to watch.

Lastly I’ve gotten back into The Average Golfer. Whether enforced or not, he’s gone back to making atmospheric course vlogs that are not overly long.

I said mostly 3 channels but confession time….. I do watch the occasional Golf Mates vids too. They seem mostly harmless and are just a bunch of mates having a good time, it’s an easy watch if I’m killing time.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I wonder if having instant unlimited access to an indoor golf sim and the many thousands of shots might give him a bit of a false reading on his distances
(i've only ever used one once and within 5 minutes I was hitting my PW further than I've ever managed on course)
That’s why whenever I’ve had a fitting I only go where I can hit balls in the open air and see them fly for real.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Shiels seems to get so much of a hard time for just not being able to get within 10 shots of an elite golfer ...

He's pushed all but one match to the 18th hole, yes they get 10 shots head starts but Sergio took how many holes to make a birdie? It was tough out there.

I say fair play to him, he puts himself out there, doesn't hide his bad shots. No cheeky edits.. just shows his golf warts and all.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Shiels seems to get so much of a hard time for just not being able to get within 10 shots of an elite golfer ...

He's pushed all but one match to the 18th hole, yes they get 10 shots head starts but Sergio took how many holes to make a birdie? It was tough out there.

I say fair play to him, he puts himself out there, doesn't hide his bad shots. No cheeky edits.. just shows his golf warts and all.
The thing is - I think he's realised there's just as many people who want to laugh at his bad rounds as applaud his good ones, so he's quite happy to stick those videos up and be hit and miss in his performances.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
I like Bullard on the Golf Life channel (Fulham connection) but couldn't stand him on Soccer AM. I think he's a decent golfer but would get found out in a medal event as he has too many car crash holes. Whether that's going for shots for the video or not I don't know but he doesn't seem to scramble too well so can't see him shooting better than +5 in a stroke event
I disagree I think, he does get talked into shots a little but in their latest video with Ewan Ferguson he managed a 3 over (although there were gimmies they weren't very generous) - and that's on a new (to him) 7000+ yard course on a windy day.

On Shiels, I like the fact he includes warts and all but that Sergio video was absolutely painful to watch - I went from feeling sorry for him to just thinking he was playing like an absolute tool.

Even on the first when he was in that bunker off his drive, he was talking about trying to get through the gap between the bunker lip and the trees - there was a gap between the bunkers and the trees from 6 foot at eye level but from the ball level I bet there was about a foot window to get it through.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Rick actually played well in the recent scramble he did with Guy and Iona. I haven't seen the Garcia vid yet though - I'm looking forward to it now!

Bullard is definitely a scratch player, maybe 1 hcap at worst. Rick would have to be a 6 or 7 at best at this point.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Rick actually played well in the recent scramble he did with Guy and Iona. I haven't seen the Garcia vid yet though - I'm looking forward to it now!

Bullard is definitely a scratch player, maybe 1 hcap at worst. Rick would have to be a 6 or 7 at best at this point.

According to MyEG he's off 0.6 at The Wisley.