YouTubers.

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Ive now grown tired of watching most TY golfers. I tune in for the odd video here and there but the same ideas are just recycled again and again and its rather dull a space. Tried watching Rick v Sergio but it got boring fast.

I really enjoyed the inception of good good and seeing that rise up, but once they lost Micah and Grant they lost me too, just think they miss what they had before.

Still listen to multiple podcasts on golf from the YT scene but that's the extent of it for me.
Still enjoying the GG videos - there are some that I watch a bit of and bin off but depends entirely on who's on the episode. I quite like the group though. However, as I won't pay for YT, they seem to have way more adverts than other channels (although that may be my perception).
Still like Finch's content - he takes the mick out of himself so much.
I find that I can't watch Shiel's content if Guy's on it, as I just find him annoying. As someone has mentioned, if he clubbed up, Rick would probably be a better player instead of trying to hit the YouTube club.

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
Started watching Padraig Harrington's videos for some tips. He takes you through all aspects of the swing and I think he explains it very well.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Gary Martin is my favourite at the moment. He does some good testing and recently he’s be playing golf in Pakistan . Good original stuff
I've genuinely never heard of Gary Martin. Odd that YouTube hasn't recommended him to me given the amount of golf stuff I watch and follow. Is he quite new to it?

babylonsinger

Visit site
I've genuinely never heard of Gary Martin. Odd that YouTube hasn't recommended him to me given the amount of golf stuff I watch and follow. Is he quite new to it?
He has played with James Robinson in a few videos. The first videos I saw of his about this time last year saw him and another guy Sam selling equipment

babylonsinger

Visit site
Not sure when I last commented on this thread to talk about my YT viewing but the last few months I've barely watched anything. To be fair it has corresponded with a long period (12 weeks or so) where I barely played golf so I'm putting it down to a general drop in my enthusiasm for the game.

No doubt I'll have plenty to catch up on when it returns!

Skytot

Visit site
Ya I enjoy his stuff a lot. Think he's a decent guy and never comes across as knowing it all or having an ego
He’s does seem a really nice lad . I PM him when we were deciding which Leeds courses to play ,great lad to chat with . He said Sand Moor over Moor Allerton !

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
If you want to see how long a channel has been operating, just go to their home page, it's all there.

Click on the little right symbol near the top of the page (or "greater than" if you prefer) and it will give you the channels details including the date they joined YouTube.

If you click on videos you'll be presented with the whole lot in date order, most recent first.

You can also search that channel from the home page. For instance if you wanted to know about the original Wilson Dynapower irons you could go to that great channel "Classic Golf Clubs" and then search Dynapower and you'll be pointed towards the relevant video.
HTH :)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ricky Shiels latest vid with Sergio

Shoots +17 🤣
I would moan about spoilers but I guess that was a fairly predictable score for him.

Did anyone watch Bryson v Sergio on Bryon's channel? They did a match where they can only use one club each. Sergio picked 5 iron and he was an absolute flipping magician with it. Definitely worth watching for the sheer artistry.

4LEX

Visit site
I wonder if having instant unlimited access to an indoor golf sim and the many thousands of shots might give him a bit of a false reading on his distances
(i've only ever used one once and within 5 minutes I was hitting my PW further than I've ever managed on course)

I actually think you've hit the nail on the head there.

I reckon he's blagged his distances for so many years via sims that he genuinely believes them. When he then takes it out onto the course with players that actually hit it that far, he's under pressure to keep up or look a bit silly. So the result is him trying to hit high draws at 100%.

That said Rick is a decent golfer. If he was an amateur at his local club he'd easily be off scratch simply through playing the same course over and over. In these videos with tour pro's he's often playing courses he's never played before on greens faster than anything you'd get in the UK bar peak summer or at places with subair systems like Wentworth. That's going to make things tough. Throw in meeting a tour pro and the cameras being there and it can't be easy. I don't think he's scored better than a gross 10+ in any of the videos.

The Sergio one was painful to watch. I've heard a lot of negative stuff about Sergio from players and caddies but he came across really well on that video.

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just watched Iona Stephen Chasing the red with Jimmy Bullard and Tubes.
How good was Jimmy Bullard by the way 😳😳
Really enjoyed it 👍🏻
I really used to dislike the channel but then something changed when I watched one of their videos around a year or so ago. What they do is brilliant, genuinely love golf and have fantastic guests on. Tubes is so positive. The Ollie Fisher video the other, I think, is the best one they've done.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Just watched Iona Stephen Chasing the red with Jimmy Bullard and Tubes.
How good was Jimmy Bullard by the way 😳😳
Really enjoyed it 👍🏻
Strangely enough so have I. As I've played Camberley many times I knew each hole and so knew what they faced with each shot. Bullard was really on it. I loved Tubes' face as well. He's not the best golfer but for enthusiasm alone he'd be single figures. I think he could get a lot better with some coaching but he's typical of all us mid-handicappers and out there having fun which is what golf is about. I wonder if Bullard really knuckled down if he could do anything at pro level?