YouTubers.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I do find it bizarre that anyone would want to buy and wear a Rick Shiels cap or jumper. I quite like watching his channel but that's a bit much. They must have done the research and decided people will buy them though? Very strange.
I think its a sign of how he has become carried away with how big he thinks he is in the world of golf. That he is now a 'brand'.

NLU guys do sell NLU merch I think also.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I do find it bizarre that anyone would want to buy and wear a Rick Shiels cap or jumper. I quite like watching his channel but that's a bit much. They must have done the research and decided people will buy them though? Very strange.

Well Good Good do very well out of their merch.

There's thousands of golfers across the country, there will be some that buy it!

People payed over £2 for bottles of Prime Energy remember... social media world is an odd one.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think its a sign of how he has become carried away with how big he thinks he is in the world of golf. That he is now a 'brand'.

I've just had a realisation - getting it out in time for the Christmas market makes total sense. We've all had some bloody awful golf-related gifts in the past, that's where he's looking to cash in.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

They both know their markets. Nlu aimed at adults with a bit of spare money. Rick's is garish and aimed at a younger crowd.

Their analytics on YouTube will tell them the age groups who are watching their content.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
NLU guys do sell NLU merch I think also
And make a good buck out of it too.

Namely because it is usually very high quality (with a price to match) and well thought out. I have a few pieces and they're brilliant. It's a shame some of the manufacturers they use don't ship to the UK directly.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Surely it’s just supply and demand as far as merchandise goes. Some of the items that Shiels has put out look class to be fair. Personally I wouldn’t wear a RS branded cap for example, but I’m sure there are plenty of people out there who would.
Probably a little unfair to criticise the guy for trying to generate income by exploring different opportunities.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
They both know their markets. Nlu aimed at adults with a bit of spare money. Rick's is garish and aimed at a younger crowd.

Their analytics on YouTube will tell them the age groups who are watching their content.

I'm thinking of doing something for my channel, any takers?

Faded polo shirts
Ties with fried egg stains
Jumpers with moth holes
Tees tied together with string
Beige trousers with wee stains

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Watched that last night, a great match. Le Tiss is a bit of a controversial figure in the social media these days with his nonsense opinions, but I'm quite glad they didn't touch upon any of that - I prefer to forget what he's become and think of him as a gifted footballer! That's clearly how Bullard thinks of him as well. I guess they would have known each other from both working for Sky for a few years.
Spot on mate.
I don’t agree with everything Le Tiss says,but always think he comes across well.
He’s entitled to his opinion.
He was on £3500 when he retired 🤯😂

simsini

Visit site
Can't wait to play after Christmas with my Golf Life bag, Rick Shiels headcovers and Good Good cap. Hitting everything into the trees and yelling, "It was a good strike though, weren't it!" like Bullard. Bring it on! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thing is they have to make the cash whilst they can. Does not take much of a shift and you can go from being top of the heap on Youtube to yesterdays news. Whether you thought is good or not, at least Peter Finch has made the first steps towards mainstream media and something outside of Youtube but from what I can see, Shiels has not and so he has to keep the money rolling in, especially as Youtube loves to take chunks out of ad revenue etc.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Americans will buy anything. They think the more something costs the better it is

One of my bosses lives in Ireland, his course used to have green fees 75 euros for visitors .. until they were told the Americans won't touch a course under 100 euros as they see price as an indication of quality. Now 110 euros and packed every summer with visitors

Mental

Bert

Club Champion
Visit site
And make a good buck out of it too.

Namely because it is usually very high quality (with a price to match) and well thought out. I have a few pieces and they're brilliant. It's a shame some of the manufacturers they use don't ship to the UK directly.

Check out double plateau

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Check out double plateau

Fully aware of DPGC...sadly, the range isn't the same as what is available direct from NLU, so will tend to order from them.

Rhoback, Levelwear and H&B don't ship directly from the US to UK though - if they did, it could be a bloodbath! The stuff is so good, and so comfortable

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
Is merchandise from a YT channel any different to that from a band, film, TV show, or sports team? If you like Coldplay, you might buy a t-shirt; if you're a fan of Man Utd, you might buy a scarf; if you enjoy Marvel movies, you might buy a poster; and if you watch Rick Shiels, you might buy a headcover. I probably won't do any of them but there are lots of people who will so you can't blame him for offering it.

If GM Forum merch was available, I'd be dressed head to toe in it.