YouTubers.

evemccc

Visit site
In terms of YouTube for golf tuition (and it’s only really to research further what I specifically have to work on, as per my pro’s recommendations) I think Jonathan Kim-Moss and Rob Cheney are the best instructors. I also like Nick Taylor’s videos. None are UK based and none seem to be overtly ‘chasing the views’ - at least it’s not gimicky and videos are short and to the point

I like Chris Ryan and Danny Maude for British based golf coaches

For club reviews and golf tech
I find ‘2nd Swing’ with Thomas Campbell esp, is all of the good bits of TXG without the ego and longwindedness of Ian

Dan H is good for course vlogs and harmless / easy entertainment

Last edited:

4LEX

Visit site
Does anyone watch Gaz Beadle's golf channel from Geordie Shore? He does some decent stuff and challenges viewers to matches. Not the sort of stuff you'd watch all the time but quite interesting. Chris Hughes from Love Island has one too which is also worth a watch.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I don't usually watch Rick Sheils, but he played with a +7, 16 year old the other day. The lad was great and conducted himself with a fantastic maturity. Well worth a watch, especially if you're a wannabe scratch player

I watched it, incredible young talent. For Rick to have a ten shot start, and still lose, says something about how good the kid is.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I watched it, incredible young talent. For Rick to have a ten shot start, and still lose, says something about how good the kid is.

He does some good videos in the same format

-10 start against Lee Westwood, Tommy Fleetwood

His break 75 videos are very interesting aswell..shows just how hard it can be considering he is a pro and out of practice, just how much work it is to maintain

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
He does some good videos in the same format

-10 start against Lee Westwood, Tommy Fleetwood

His break 75 videos are very interesting aswell..shows just how hard it can be considering he is a pro and out of practice, just how much work it is to maintain

I enjoyed both the videos with Lee and Tommy, I don't watch all of his stuff, but what they produce is always of a decent quality.

Skytot

Visit site
In terms of YouTube for golf tuition (and it’s only really to research further what I specifically have to work on, as per my pro’s recommendations) I think Jonathan Kim-Moss and Rob Cheney are the best instructors. I also like Nick Taylor’s videos. None are UK based and none seem to be overtly ‘chasing the views’ - at least it’s not gimicky and videos are short and to the point

I like Chris Ryan and Danny Maude for British based golf coaches

For club reviews and golf tech
I find ‘2nd Swing’ with Thomas Campbell esp, is all of the good bits of TXG without the ego and longwindedness of Ian

Dan H is good for course vlogs and harmless / easy entertainment
I also follow , Rob Cheney & Nick Taylor. Are you being taught Stack & Tilt by your pro ? If so where his he based ? I can’t find any pro’s that teach this method around south Manchester area .

4LEX

Visit site
Lee was quality in the match with Rick, you can tell he likes him but loves winding him up with some brutal banter! The +7 amateur was unlucky to shoot such a high score. Another day it's 65. Serious talent.

For anyone else into YouTube golfers, it's pretty much confirmed Good Good are coming to the UK in July for The Open and will be playing matches against Rick Shiels and Peter Finch plus another match offs.

slicer79

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Interesting video from SAS golf. He reviewed a range finder from some small brand I hadn't heard of.
He said he received £800 fee for it
He's got 59k followers
Made me realise the big boys with massive number of followers must be pulling in a tidy amount for their reviews,etc

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Interesting video from SAS golf. He reviewed a range finder from some small brand I hadn't heard of.
He said he received £800 fee for it
He's got 59k followers
Made me realise the big boys with massive number of followers must be pulling in a tidy amount for their reviews,etc

This is where I went wrong with my channel, all the brands featured are dead and buried. :)

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Shameless self-promotion alert!

Just uploaded a video featuring the Slazenger Jack Nicklaus irons shown in the Vintage Golf thread, post #991

1653493973820-png.42713