YouTubers.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
I've seen it. Unbelievably hard course
The lady is a decent player but the two men are nowhere near the handicap they claim to play off
I watched that and you're right about the so-called 8 capper, but I thought the guy off 19 did about what you'd expect. I'm off 15 and would probably struggle to do any better. The scratch lady was seriously impressive.

Yorkhacker

Visit site
I watched that and you're right about the so-called 8 capper, but I thought the guy off 19 did about what you'd expect. I'm off 15 and would probably struggle to do any better. The scratch lady was seriously impressive.

I have to disagree. I don't think you can say he wasn't an 8 handicapper. He was a decent player, and obviously played at a much easier course. What he lacked was experience and course management skills. Plenty of people with lower handicaps would struggle at Pinehurst. It's Pinehurst for Chrissake!
As for the lady, she was seriously good. But you do realise she was a pro at one time and had won the Colorado Open, pocketing $50000. She wasn't just a scratch golfer

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Watched the first couple of episodes last night, very well produced and I like the sarcasm from the presenter.

To be fair I think the 18 hcp is doing as well as expected, but set himself up to fail with a target of 90, as I’m guessing he goes around his own track in 85-90 most of the team. Stunning course but spending half the time in some sort of sand would do my head in!

I recognise the presenter, is he on another golf channel or on tv somewhere?

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Rejoined Willow Valley on Friday, then this pops up yesterday on my YT notifications. Great timing.
Played on Saturday and the course is in great condition. Gaz is right about the bunkers though, not got the right sand in them. They’ve taken a few out over the last few years, hopefully this is part of a long term plan to reduce / improve them.

Mark_Aged_42

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Rick Shiels is unwatchable for me. He makes wild gesticulations to emphasise every syllable.
Calm down lad.
Now, Russel Heritage Golf is the opposite of Rick Shiels and is all the better for it.
Quiet delivery, no rhetorical questions.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Rick Shiels is unwatchable for me. He makes wild gesticulations to emphasise every syllable.
Calm down lad.
Now, Russel Heritage Golf is the opposite of Rick Shiels and is all the better for it.
Quiet delivery, no rhetorical questions.
I like Rick but I'm getting sick of his sycophantic sidekick Guy. He is unbearable.

rystaman

Visit site
I like Rick but I'm getting sick of his sycophantic sidekick Guy. He is unbearable.

I'd have to disagree, I don't know why Guy gets so much hate. From the podcasts Guy obviously puts in a tremendous amount of work in behind the scenes and it seems all too easy for people to just jump on the Guy hate train in my opinion.

rystaman

Visit site
Don't do podcasts, I've been watching his break 75 series where he's mostly playing with Guy. After every half decent shot it's "amazing golf shot! Oh that's unbelievable! I love you Rick you're wonderful!" Nauseating.

Tbf if you listen he does say he tries to big Rick up in those videos as Rick drops his head and gets frustrated easily, but I can see that. I noticed a few more in the one yesterday

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Don't do podcasts, I've been watching his break 75 series where he's mostly playing with Guy. After every half decent shot it's "amazing golf shot! Oh that's unbelievable! I love you Rick you're wonderful!" Nauseating.

its all about the podcasts with guy, really warmed to him with them. As above he tries to keep rick going

however because of the podcasts they has been people asking for him to appear more in the videos which is what your seeing now. before he did the work behind the scenes now people wanted to see him more so he does appear more.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Ill admit Guy used to wind me up in the podcast but the more I've listened I've realised he's actually just trying to create discussion points more than just being hard work.

As above, in the break 75 hes just trying to hard to support his mate. It seems like Rick is quite mentally fragile on the course and his head goes fairly easily. Guy acts like it his job to keep him buoyant and upbeat.

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
Guy in the podcasts, yes. Guy in the videos, no. It's nice that he is trying to support his mate, but I don't give a monkeys about seeing that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tryhardgolfer

Visit site
Who are you watching?
Peter Finch is ok, he has quite a good mix of content.
How has Rick shiels got to 2million subs!
Crossfield, wishes he was shiels.
Danny Maude ? To excitable for me?
Me and my golf... Can't work these out but I'm not a fan.
Bad golf, I like the bloke off taskmaster
My favourite is Golf Sidekick as there's no instruction it's more about course management and decision making. I prefer to have a lesson in person than look at on-line videos as I've been down that rabbit hole and it did me no favours! ?