YouTubers.

D

Deleted member 23270

I want to like Golfmates but it always like a little gang and everyone else is an outsider. Shiels and NLU are OK, Crossfield is dreadful.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I like Chris Ryan…I used to have lessons with Chris, so I know him and his methods quite well.
He is the only YouTuber I check out for tips. Not sure I am a good advert for him though. ?

Really enjoying the current Dan Hendriksen vlog from Bude. Course looks great, some really decent golf being played, and plenty of banter.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
He is the only YouTuber I check out for tips. Not sure I am a good advert for him though. ?

Really enjoying the current Dan Hendriksen vlog from Bude. Course looks great, some really decent golf being played, and plenty of banter.
You're not, no. ?

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I don't watch much you tube but I do listen to quite a few podcasts.
Don't really get all the angst directed at Crossfield as far as his podcast is concerned. He sometimes puts out a controversial point of view but I usually find them interesting.

Skypilot

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Retired for a while now so watch a lot of YT
Stopped watching Golfmates due to him being an *** and his annoying habit of asking OMP a question and then answering for him, every bloody time.
NOt likely, but if OMP had his own channel I'd give that a watch.
James Robinson just shouts at you.
Rick Shield has been resorting to gimmicky stuff for a long while now. Used to watch him and find him personable but think he's mainly click bait now.
Don't mind Crossfield or Maude.

If I'm looking to try and cure or improve something, I'll watch various stuff and try and see if there's some sort of consensus on what's best.
Glad I forked out for YT Premium as I don't have to suffer endless ads before dipping into stuff now. Don't use any other features and I'll go to their lite version if they ever introduce it here.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Stopped watching Golfmates due to him being an *** and his annoying habit of asking OMP a question and then answering for him, every bloody time.
NOt likely, but if OMP had his own channel I'd give that a watch.
James Robinson just shouts at you.
Rick Shield has been resorting to gimmicky stuff for a long while now. Used to watch him and find him personable but think he's mainly click bait now.
Don't mind Crossfield or Maude.

If I'm looking to try and cure or improve something, I'll watch various stuff and try and see if there's some sort of consensus on what's best.
Glad I forked out for YT Premium as I don't have to suffer endless ads before dipping into stuff now. Don't use any other features and I'll go to their lite version if they ever introduce it here.
:ROFLMAO: I've always assumed this is because they rehearse what they're going to say but the poor old sod can't remember what they practised so Liam has to prompt him all the time.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk

I don't get ads on YouTube and don't pay for premium - get a decent adblocker

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Have you tired the Golfmates drinking game? Everytime he says "golfmates" have a sip of your drink. After two videos I lost three days!

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
On golfmates, i used to be a fan for a month or 2, even went back and watched old videos etc, but like everyone else by the sounds of it, got a bit fed up of the same format, same catchphrases etc. However, he seems like a nice chap and I hope he pulls it back. He’s risked a lot by becoming a full time YouTuber and has a young family, so I genuinely wish him well. Just not for me at the moment.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I was watching a video from that Topbloke golf today (yeah, I now he's contentious) who was explaining how Crossfields number had collapsed. I'm actually surprised by some of the comments about Golfmates on here - I think they still do some decent stuff, the winter time doesn't exactly offer the best vlogging opportunities and they don't do any indoor filming so all in all, I think the content is Ok.
Having said that DHG are filming in England and making it look fantastic.
Ultimately, all You Tube channels have a shelf life, there's a few I watch and you can see the ideas are running out and the format is getting repetetive. I guess you ride the wave of popularity and then take it on the chin when the arse falls out of it. Perhaps the one exception is Shiels who has built up a massive following.

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site
Have you tired the Golfmates drinking game? Everytime he says "golfmates" have a sip of your drink. After two videos I lost three days!
chicken and rice down your drink

But honestly don’t mind Liam what he’s done is great what he’s done for Josh and the Dan Gavins story is probably the most interesting thing in golf YouTube land

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's marmite for sure. I like some of the stuff he does with Dan Gavins and the way he supported Josh in his golfing endeavours. The main vlogs have become very stale though. I thought you knew him / had collaborated with him ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Tried uploading a couple of shorts this week, You Tube seem to be suggesting that is a good way to build your channel - so thought I'd see.

Our channel only gets miniscule figures maybe 100 or so a day - but I enjoy filming/editing, and the lad has the best swing on You Tube ;-) , but I've uploaded this today and it's done 1700 views in 40 minutes.
Point is, would it be beneficial to channel growth for the bigger channels to do more shorts?

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Tried uploading a couple of shorts this week, You Tube seem to be suggesting that is a good way to build your channel - so thought I'd see.

Our channel only gets miniscule figures maybe 100 or so a day - but I enjoy filming/editing, and the lad has the best swing on You Tube ;-) , but I've uploaded this today and it's done 1700 views in 40 minutes.
Point is, would it be beneficial to channel growth for the bigger channels to do more shorts?

Personally don’t like the shorts on YouTube, fine on Twitter, instagram etc but I wouldn’t bother watching one on YouTube. That’s just me though, I guess you’ll be able to see how successful they are yourself.

Cracking swing that lad’s got, looked like he hit it a mile!

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Personally don’t like the shorts on YouTube, fine on Twitter, instagram etc but I wouldn’t bother watching one on YouTube. That’s just me though, I guess you’ll be able to see how successful they are yourself.

Cracking swing that lad’s got, looked like he hit it a mile!

Thank you. He hit one just shy of 300 yards a few weeks back, he might have got a nice bounce off a cart path, and another off a downslope but you take the rough with the smooth right? :unsure:;)

He can play but is a bit inconsistent - but plays off the yellow tees - at 11 years old, on the courses we're playing here - that's pretty demanding golf.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Thank you. He hit one just shy of 300 yards a few weeks back, he might have got a nice bounce off a cart path, and another off a downslope but you take the rough with the smooth right? :unsure:;)

He can play but is a bit inconsistent - but plays off the yellow tees - at 11 years old, on the courses we're playing here - that's pretty demanding golf.

You’ve got to take the breaks when they come!