YouTubers.

Jaco

Medal Winner
Visit site
Who are you watching?
Peter Finch is ok, he has quite a good mix of content.
How has Rick shiels got to 2million subs!
Crossfield, wishes he was shiels.
Danny Maude ? To excitable for me?
Me and my golf... Can't work these out but I'm not a fan.
Bad golf, I like the bloke off taskmaster

I like Shiels but haven’t managed to implement his tips to any meaningful extent. Seems a nicer bloke than Crossfield but I do enjoy Crossfield, Locky and Rory on the course, particularly abroad. I think it’s just a poor substitute for actually being there with my mates, but at least it’s a substitute. Watched Pinhal vlog last night and it took me back.
Enjoyed Finch with Monty in Dubai recently, but mainly made me want to play with Monty ?

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I like Shiels but haven’t managed to implement his tips to any meaningful extent. Seems a nicer bloke than Crossfield but I do enjoy Crossfield, Locky and Rory on the course, particularly abroad. I think it’s just a poor substitute for actually being there with my mates, but at least it’s a substitute. Watched Pinhal vlog last night and it took me back.
Enjoyed Finch with Monty in Dubai recently, but mainly made me want to play with Monty ?

It's not all fun and games vlogging abroad buddy :ROFLMAO:

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Rick Shiels getting Bryson on his pod cast is a pretty big catch. Though I dont know if Bryson doing a bit more on youtube takes away some of the credit.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Yeah Bryson has appeared on a few channels and podcasts now, definitely trying to build up a bit more of a following.

He did one on the FULL SEND podcast which was very... American... shall we say - brash and loud. But he actually came across quite well i thought.

SHiiBBZ

Club Champion
Visit site
Like most others, the usual suspects; Finch, Shiels, Good Good, Golf Mates and Golf Life with Tubes. Used to love watching Crossfield and Lockey and then realised how much of a d*ckhead MC actually is. I think he was the only one doing course vlogs a few years ago which made his channel more appealing. These days, so many people do course vlogs that you have to attract views with cinematics or at least a fun personality.

MC is the stereotypical 1990s golfer and the reason so many people think it's a stuck up sport.

4LEX

Visit site
Golf Mates has gone down the plughole. The definition of quantity over quality. Ditto James Robinson. Shiels has the right mix between quirky, interesting and reviews.

I remember watching Shiels and Crossfield when they were the only two doing club reviews back in the day :whistle:

Boomy

Visit site
What’s the thoughts on the “Art Of Simple Golf”? :unsure: Just been watching a few after searching for a specific subject.

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
It is mad reading just how unpopular Mark Crossfield is. I don't disagree but he had such a chance to get the numbers that Rick Shiels has now, and he's clearly blown it through lack of creativity and being a bit of a...

Rick Shiels has roughly said the following a few times on his podcast: the reason he has done well is because he started his channel comparatively early, and he then managed everything well after that with good creative content.

Crossfield must have been the first golf Youtuber out there, and as a result, he must have had the highest number of subscribers in that field for a fair while too. But he hasn't managed his channel well at all, and is now lagging way behind where he could be.

To sum up - Rick Shiels recent Taylormade Stealth review has had over 1mil views. Mark Crossfield's review has had less than 75k.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
It is mad reading just how unpopular Mark Crossfield is. I don't disagree but he had such a chance to get the numbers that Rick Shiels has now, and he's clearly blown it through lack of creativity and being a bit of a...

Rick Shiels has roughly said the following a few times on his podcast: the reason he has done well is because he started his channel comparatively early, and he then managed everything well after that with good creative content.

Crossfield must have been the first golf Youtuber out there, and as a result, he must have had the highest number of subscribers in that field for a fair while too. But he hasn't managed his channel well at all, and is now lagging way behind where he could be.

To sum up - Rick Shiels recent Taylormade Stealth review has had over 1mil views. Mark Crossfield's review has had less than 75k.

I don't like Crossfield's on screen persona but he does do some very good content regarding swing changes and reviews. I think the difference is that Crossfield has sown his own path from day one whereas Shiels (and Finch) have gone down the "brand" road and so have had help with their PR and marketing along the way. Having this brand has clearly worked in terms of creating numbers and is something I'd expect many full time content creators (and celebrities/sports stars) go through. I still think a lot of Shiels content is click baited and that Finch has become a pastiche of himself to try and get views

D

Deleted member 1740

The better youtubers have a personality.

There’s nothing worse than listening to some monotoned chomping biff with no personality testing balls etc.