YouTubers.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
So I just watched this video - I think someone posted it in another thread but I couldn't remember which one (thought it was here but it's not).

Given that I'm also a 15 handicapper with a slice problem I found it very eye-opening! I've worked on path, and trying to close the clubface, but in this video he really talks about strike location. I hadn't considered that I might be striking out of the heel when I get the slice. Will be experimenting with aligning myself with the toe next time and see if that helps.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
So I just watched this video - I think someone posted it in another thread but I couldn't remember which one (thought it was here but it's not).

Given that I'm also a 15 handicapper with a slice problem I found it very eye-opening! I've worked on path, and trying to close the clubface, but in this video he really talks about strike location. I hadn't considered that I might be striking out of the heel when I get the slice. Will be experimenting with aligning myself with the toe next time and see if that helps.
I sense you are standing at the entrance to a youtube rabbit hole. Don't worry we've all been down them although some are harder to find the way out from than others

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Looked more like a lesson than a fitting.
Yeah, I think a combination of both. But I recall on Hack It Out podcast a few weeks back, Crossfield said a good fitting should be like a lesson really. Not just sticking a new driver in your hands and saying 'see if that helps'. If he can give advice that helps as well, why wouldn't he?

I do think, even after he got the spiel about strike location, he was finding it easier to strike it well with the driver he ended up purchasing. One of the other drivers he was still getting a heel strike or two. And the new shaft seemed to help also.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Yeah, I think a combination of both. But I recall on Hack It Out podcast a few weeks back, Crossfield said a good fitting should be like a lesson really. Not just sticking a new driver in your hands and saying 'see if that helps'. If he can give advice that helps as well, why wouldn't he?

I do think, even after he got the spiel about strike location, he was finding it easier to strike it well with the driver he ended up purchasing. One of the other drivers he was still getting a heel strike or two. And the new shaft seemed to help also.
It may well have been the case but I don't recall them trying initially to strike different parts of the face with his original club.
Mind you selling equipment is their business so I don't blame them.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
It may well have been the case but I don't recall them trying initially to strike different parts of the face with his original club.
Mind you selling equipment is their business so I don't blame them.
That's a fair point. He obviously felt he could get good results from the new shaft too.

At the same time, people who book a fitting are wanting a new driver anyway so it doesn't take much. It must be quite rare that people walk out of a fitting saying "nothing beat my club so I'm fine til next year". Takes a lot of will power!

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site

Without watching that video, I saw this yesterday and it could possibly be the best way I've ever seen someone talk about how to hit a draw, Freddie is based near me and he's a very good coach. I it works, it should in theory get rid of a slice - will definitely be giving it a try myself to see how I get on with it.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site

I’ve to aim out of the toe to get a centre strike, works well for me due to how I deliver the club, has made a massive difference to my drives.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I’ve to aim out of the toe to get a centre strike, works well for me due to how I deliver the club, has made a massive difference to my drives.
It makes logistical sense to me, given that the ball is up on a tee so your eye could perceive it as being aligned to the centre of the club because of your perspective, when it fact it's closer the heel if you were to look more top-down.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Can't help but think they have deliberately kept silent about the titliest video to make more interest into it than there should be..

Now releases his own video addressing taking down the video

Starts 11 mins 30 seconds

5 mins answering that question

Fair play he was honest enough to answer it rather than dodging it forever I guess

Last edited:

Pin-seeker

Visit site

Can't help but think they have deliberately kept silent about the titliest video to make more interest into it than there should be..

Fair play he was honest enough to answer it rather than dodging it forever I guess

I use to enjoy his content,can’t watch it anymore.
Has he got really annoying with the over the top laughing when he hits a bad shot or is it just me?
He talks a good game,but rarely delivers.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

His excuse is a load of waffle really, beyond "it got loads of negative comments so I panic-deleted it". But at least he's addressed it now - probably got sick of the top 3 comments on every one of his new videos being "what happened to the Titleist fitting video??" When you put out as many videos as he does they can't all be hits.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site

I've never been on instagram, anyone know, is it mandatory for usernames to be alphanumeric on that platform? seems like ever person asking a Q has numbers after their name (almost made me think they weren't real )

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
His excuse is a load of waffle really, beyond "it got loads of negative comments so I panic-deleted it". But at least he's addressed it now - probably got sick of the top 3 comments on every one of his new videos being "what happened to the Titleist fitting video??" When you put out as many videos as he does they can't all be hits.
Not buying panic-deleting. He's a professional youtuber so knew it would cause a fuss and therefore generate more hits

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I've never been on instagram, anyone know, is it mandatory for usernames to be alphanumeric on that platform? seems like ever person asking a Q has numbers after their name (almost made me think they weren't real )

I've not been on it either, but if usernames are unique, you go on there and try and register as Slab.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Bryson playing left handed against Grant Horvat in his latest vid.

He looks dialled on the range but that deserts him a little on the course, even then, his score is reasonable wrong handed.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Without watching that video, I saw this yesterday and it could possibly be the best way I've ever seen someone talk about how to hit a draw, Freddie is based near me and he's a very good coach. I it works, it should in theory get rid of a slice - will definitely be giving it a try myself to see how I get on with it.

Just watched this. Not sure if I understood it fully, but is he basically just saying have your chest pointing slightly behind the ball in set-up??

Golfloveruk

Visit site
Just watched this. Not sure if I understood it fully, but is he basically just saying have your chest pointing slightly behind the ball in set-up??
Yes. Basically setting an in to out path with your shoulders and moving the low point back.

Setting up to hit it fat and out of the toe.

I’m not really sure he does the best explanation to be honest.