YouTubers.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It has been the number 1 trending video on You Tube this morning. (That’s the entire platform)

It will be putting golf infront of non golfing viewers and that has to be a good thing for the game 👍

I sometimes wonder about the weird parallel universe in the MS grey matter...
Associating an obnoxious criminal with golf merely confirms opinions that most non-participants already hold.
Namely, that it's a tragic activity played by moneyed old men with a sock length obsession.
I couldn't think of anything less likely to make anyone take up golf. Au contraire, most likely that they go out after dark and dig up the course.

4LEX

Visit site
What are the lies about his game on here ?

The fact he cheats? Claims on his HC ? Or Claims about what tournaments he wins

As well as the Commander in Cheat

There is

And then the story about him being top of the leaderboard for a comp that hadn’t even started yet because he was claiming a round earlier ( on his own of course )

He has a decent swing , he can hit the ball and looks a solid mid GC golfer which is great

Source: Trust me bro :ROFLMAO:

Not like anyone would have an agenda and use his name to make money by wildly exaggerating is it?

I've no doubt Trump bigs his golf up to a degree, he does that about every part of his life. However from watching that video, he's one of the most impressive 78 year old golfers I've seen. It's quite easy to imagine 15 years ago he was capable of playing off a very low handicap and winning Club Championships. He'd give Rick Shiels a game off scratch now 😅

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

Not like anyone would have an agenda and use his name to make money by wildly exaggerating is it?

I've no doubt Trump bigs his golf up to a degree, he does that about every part of his life. However from watching that video, he's one of the most impressive 78 year old golfers I've seen. It's quite easy to imagine 15 years ago he was capable of playing off a very low handicap and winning Club Championships. He'd give Rick Shiels a game off scratch now 😅
Think I could give Shiels a game at the moment

VVega

Assistant Pro
Visit site
To nit-pick a bit, has anyone wondered how come they had a par 4 at 210 yds? That’s the one they had the “eagle” on (12th).

Is the US system different? The R&A explainer on establishing par says 240 yds min for men. The hole was a bit uphill but not much, so I doubt it would have been rated as a par 4 in England even with the “par standardisation” considerations.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

Come on - it's a well-known and well-publicised fact that Trump cheats and that most of 'club championships' were fabricated or self-awarded at his own golf courses. That doesn't mean he can't strike a ball, as he clearly can. The two things aren't mutually exclusive.

Being able to beat Shiels isn't much of a marker, he definitely hits it much more consistently straighter than Shiels. Sheils would have about 40-50 yards on him off the tee though I think.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site

So they are all lying about him cheating ?

Do you think also maybe there might have been some editing with the video to ensure he didn’t look too bad

He was claiming wins last year - even though he didn’t play in one round

There is a published book about him cheating

Yes solid swing for a mid HC player

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
To nit-pick a bit, has anyone wondered how come they had a par 4 at 210 yds? That’s the one they had the “eagle” on (12th).

Is the US system different? The R&A explainer on establishing par says 240 yds min for men. The hole was a bit uphill but not much, so I doubt it would have been rated as a par 4 in England even with the “par standardisation” considerations.
They stated a couple of times that they played red tees for the break 50 challenge. Some of the holes did seem exceptionally short even for reds though. Almost like another set of tees that are shorter than what we would consider to be reds-length.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site

They were playing a front tee challenge so every hole was using the most forward of tees - hence why they were looking to score under 50

Apparently it’s a done thing in the US

It might explain why Trump claims a low HC

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I sometimes wonder about the weird parallel universe in the MS grey matter...
Associating an obnoxious criminal with golf merely confirms opinions that most non-participants already hold.
Namely, that it's a tragic activity played by moneyed old men with a sock length obsession.
I couldn't think of anything less likely to make anyone take up golf. Au contraire, most likely that they go out after dark and dig up the course.

Ha ha.

I’m pretty comfortable with my opinions mate, and they are mine, nothing spoon fed by the golf media.
Anyway, the numbers the video is generating mean it is getting watched, and if you have watched it, you’d see a young talented pro at the top of the game having an absolute blast with a past (and possibly future) president of the USA.

They showed golf can be multi generational fun.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Ha ha.

I’m pretty comfortable with my opinions mate, and they are mine, nothing spoon fed by the golf media.
Anyway, the numbers the video is generating mean it is getting watched, and if you have watched it, you’d see a young talented pro at the top of the game having an absolute blast with a past (and possibly future) president of the USA.

They showed golf can be multi generational fun.

Or they would see a young pro playing with a convicted criminal as well as being found guilty and liable of sexual abuse as well as known golf cheat

I don’t expect it’s something that’s going to get people rushing to the golf courses

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Amazed at that. You’d think he’d have had numerous - I’d assume all top level players would be the same
Shows you how much of it is luck. Apparently Rory only has one as well - and he made it in 2023. (This might be in professional competition only though - not sure.)

Edit: Sorry, another source says Rory has 2. So he had only one until 2023. Still not as many as you'd think.

VVega

Assistant Pro
Visit site
They were playing a front tee challenge so every hole was using the most forward of tees - hence why they were looking to score under 50

Apparently it’s a done thing in the US

It might explain why Trump claims a low HC
I get it they are playing front tees, the par rating rules still apply.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I get it they are playing front tees, the par rating rules still apply.
This is from Hole19 website, but it appears the red tees are not rated for men:
1721832231430.png

4391 yards and par 71. But it appears to be a par 71 no matter what tee you play. When I view the whole scorecard though they have it as 4803 though, so who knows what the real number is. You can still see how short some of the holes are.

1721832391291.png

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
The Sky golf presenter (I cannot remember his name - not Nick Dougherty) who was a tour pro, hasn't got a single hole in one.

In some ways it obviously isn't luck, but in other ways it most definitely is.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This is from Hole19 website, but it appears the red tees are not rated for men:
View attachment 54319

4391 yards and par 71. But it appears to be a par 71 no matter what tee you play. When I view the whole scorecard though they have it as 4803 though, so who knows what the real number is. You can still see how short some of the holes are.

View attachment 54320

Are you sure the reds are rated for women at a trump course? Suprise their allowed to play with his attitude towards them

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Didn't the rules change this year in the above regard - I know we have a par 5 that's 621 off the back tees, moving up to the 589 and 577 of the whites and yellows. The red tees which the ladies play off is way up the hole and measures 346 yards. It was a Par 4 until the start of the year, but now it's a par 5 and the slope off those tees has been adjusted to compensate.

Fine in strokeplay - but if you draw a lass in a matchplay comp - it's a tough hole to win...

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
So we believe that all Trumps drives were first take ? ;)He drives a good buggy though.(y)

I hope I haven't caught Trumps putting stroke watching that. That chap Bryson seems to putt rather well.

Think a lot of Trumps so called club championships were actually in the old farts category, assuming he actually played the correct day.

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site
Just watched the trump vid and he’s a golfer like

But no way he’s off 3 now can believe he has been though

His distance control with the putter was great tbh and his drives were all decent deadly with that 8 iron with 110 yards in

Are club championships different over there does he just not mean like competitions and not scratch events

And as for Bryson I still find the lad really disingenuous his old self started to crack through at the open with the whole incorrectly correcting the reporter and his spiky comments around it being an equipment issue