You know your old when......

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
you cant keep up with your electric trolley.:eek:

Late for a society golf day in aid of Parkinsons today. 9.30am shot gun start and I got to the course at 9.20 (no fault of my own I will add).

The trouble was my group were starting on the 15th and it couldnt be much further from the clubhouse. So I jogged off holding onto my electric trolley. I realised that I would move better if me and my trolley separated so I put it on maximum and decided to run behind it.

That was OK for bit but then started to lose ground on it. :eek: Fortunately I found another gear and managed to catch it.

Arrived at the tee in the nick of time courtesy of having 2 groups going off that tee.

I reckon the GoKart would beat me over 800M :D

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
The automatic GK is quick. Tried jogging from our ninth through the car park for a nature visit and lost grip and had to really sprint to catch it before it careered into a parked car. My PP's couldn't understand why I was breathing heavy and sweating

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
you cant keep up with your electric trolley.:eek:

Late for a society golf day in aid of Parkinsons today. 9.30am shot gun start and I got to the course at 9.20 (no fault of my own I will add).

The trouble was my group were starting on the 15th and it couldnt be much further from the clubhouse. So I jogged off holding onto my electric trolley. I realised that I would move better if me and my trolley separated so I put it on maximum and decided to run behind it.

That was OK for bit but then started to lose ground on it. :eek: Fortunately I found another gear and managed to catch it.

Arrived at the tee in the nick of time courtesy of having 2 groups going off that tee.

I reckon the GoKart would beat me over 800M :D

You, late for your tee time? Never! :eek: Remind me what time you made it to the tee at H4H?:ears:

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I was looking at the local paper today and their starting 'walking football' nearby and I seriously thought about doing it mmmmmmm !

V

vkurup

The automatic GK is quick. Tried jogging from our ninth through the car park for a nature visit and lost grip and had to really sprint to catch it before it careered into a parked car. My PP's couldn't understand why I was breathing heavy and sweating

Would it be easy to just go in the bushes... p**sing against car tyres is no way to mark your territory..

hines57

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Didn't anyone get it on video? It would have gone viral!!!

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I hate my powacaddy sport, there have been times it's been slow to react to my pressing the button to stop it and I've pressed it twice thinking the first press didn't register, then it hares off and I got to go running after it. This happened in a comp one day but unfortunately I didn't notice whilst I was putting out. When we finished I turned to see my trolley had disappeared, but it was being returned by a player from another hole who said he was just about to take his shot when he saw a trolley trundle 10yds in front of him heading towards a pond.......

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
.....you look at your old wedding photos, and your dad looks younger in them than what you do now when you look in the mirror:eek:oo:

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I hate my powacaddy sport, there have been times it's been slow to react to my pressing the button to stop it and I've pressed it twice thinking the first press didn't register, then it hares off and I got to go running after it. This happened in a comp one day but unfortunately I didn't notice whilst I was putting out. When we finished I turned to see my trolley had disappeared, but it was being returned by a player from another hole who said he was just about to take his shot when he saw a trolley trundle 10yds in front of him heading towards a pond.......
We have had two cases at our club when electric trolleys have run away into ponds. Both involving senior golfers I'm afraid!

Last edited:

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
We have had two cases at our club when electric trolleys have run away into ponds. Both involving senior golfers I'm afraid!

My old Powerbug ended up in a bunker once and in bushes another time, much to the amusement of the 2 FCs i was playing along with.

Not fellow competitors BTW.:D

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Ive had numerous runaway incidents with powacaddys. Luckily I'm pretty quick off the mark but feel for those who aren't.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Couple of years ago at Chiltern Forest, (a track where it helps if you are half mountain goat) on a society day, one of our chaps let his trolley run away and it basically went careering down the 11th fairway which has a steep hill running left to right, Turned towards and into the woods on the right, flipped over a couple of times and spewed all his clubs out and came to rest in a heap.

The trolley was knackered, but no clubs were harmed :)
It was a truly comical moment for us observers, but not for the poor unfortunate chap

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
One of my friends steered his Stewart into a bunker, with the double whammy of spelling his bottle of peroni over his pack of ciggies. Disaster.