How fast or slow are you?

Albo

Visit site
Even if your paces are only 2 feet long, that's still 12,000 yds
Again, surely that is dependent on how much left / right zig zagging you do, as well as walking too and from greens round greens etc
It’s not often a straight line sport sadly

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
That would equate to about 6.8 miles Bob. Around my way there are several courses where you walk between 6 and 6.8 miles during a round. With my short legs I could easily knock up 15/18,000 steps.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Again, surely that is dependent on how much left / right zig zagging you do, as well as walking too and from greens round greens etc
It’s not often a straight line sport sadly

With no zigzag or greens, in fact no golf, home club is about 9000 yards with maybe another 3000 for golf, no way even a solo round on empty course is being done under 3 hours and likely longer

sunshine

Visit site

In truth I don't know how many steps it is, I just made it up to extrapolate the findings of the OP.

My watch only keeps the steps from my last round, which was almost 14,000 steps at Berkhamsted. My course is about the same length but has a few walks between holes so is definitely more than that. If you walked Kapalua it must be over 20,000 steps.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've often wondered how much of a round of golf is spent actually playing golf. This thought was triggered watching the rugby on TV, so much time is lost whenever there is a scrum, especially as it often has to be reset.

I suppose the way to do it is to take a stopwatch on to the course and record the time I spent on shot selection and execution, but I'm not curious enough to actually bother doing that :ROFLMAO:
I think the vast majority of time is spent watching your pps .

If you were not playing you would not watch three ams for 4 hrs.🙈