Remembering to check your ball thoroughly

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Playing a practice 18 on the 9 hole course with 2 balls, failed to clear the old railway line with my shot and watched the ball roll down the embankment and finish in a particular spot.
Climbed up a little bit saw a Titleist with black dots exactly where I saw my ball go, got it down with a wedge an popped it to my pocket.

On the next tee pulled it to tee and realised it was not my ball :mad: wrong type of Titleist. 2nd time around a quick check and there was my ball just a little bit lower down.

theoneandonly

Blackballed
Visit site
It is a bit ridiculous how many people put 1 or 2 black dots on a Titleist 1 and think that's a unique marking. I have a purple Sharpie in my bag and draw an O on my ball. Not so many purple O's around.
What!! That's exactly what I do. As long as you don't play in the watford area it will be fine.

TigerBear

Visit site
It is a bit ridiculous how many people put 1 or 2 black dots on a Titleist 1 and think that's a unique marking. I have a purple Sharpie in my bag and draw an O on my ball. Not so many purple O's around.

Titleist with black, blue or red dots are very common.

I'm a combo of initials and line up lines...with that amount of ink, also works as good feedback with ink marks on the club face after every shot :ROFLMAO:

oleinone

Visit site
Reminds me of a competition round a few years ago. We all stated ball type on the first tee and one guy was playing a brand new pro- v1 with distinctive markings. On the third we drove into a lowish autumn sun - it's always an absolute pain trying to follow the ball and we lost sight of the pro-v1. My inkling was left but a search proved fruitless until it was suddenly found right, in the semi. As we began to put, I happened to notice two identical pro - v1's were in play. It seemed to me that another player had played the original Pro v1 in error and that a second ball had made a " miraculous" appearance. Pro V1 unblushingly explained that he had lost a ball a few days earlier and I became an instant convert to this innocent explanation.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I am reminded of a story I have told before.

Playing with a mate I noticed he had the same ball as me but without any markings. I told me he needed to put markings on the ball and showed him my ball. Next time I played with him he had put markings on the ball identical to mine!!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
What!! That's exactly what I do. As long as you don't play in the watford area it will be fine.
Funny you should say that, in this year's club champs I stated my ball + markings, and a bloke I was playing with went "hang on - I think I've got that as well". Turned out he had found a ball I'd lost the week before, haha. He gave it back to me even though I didn't ask for it. :LOL:

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I whack a massive BD on to my ball in any colour plus circle the ball number.

Cant miss the BD :ROFLMAO:

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
No problems with my marking, I’ve got a Liverbird stamp which goes on each ball twice. No danger of my PP even touching it never mind playing it as he’s a manc! His usual cry is ‘there’s your ball with that sh*t on it’.

D

Deleted member 1147

No problems with my marking, I’ve got a Liverbird stamp which goes on each ball twice. No danger of my PP even touching it never mind playing it as he’s a manc! His usual cry is ‘there’s your ball with that sh*t on it’.
How well do the stamps stay on the ball, does it wash/wear off during the round?

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
How well do the stamps stay on the ball, does it wash/wear off during the round?

My stamps are hit and miss...

They last if ive prepped in advance and theyre very dry - especially in summer.

If its wet on the ground or the ink is fresh - doesnt last long at all.

Only £3 on ebay for a BD with a small villa esque lion too