Woking GC 13 July 2021

D

Deleted member 25172

Things like this makes me furious. Like Covid and it’s impact would come as a surprise to them now, June 2021. If they made a decision on that now, that should be for any society bookings from now and forward in that case, but they should honour the bookings they already have. I’d say stuff em.

Also booked Premier Inn the day prior, but I’d be happy to play NZ and look at playing something else within the area day after.

Grizzly

Visit site
Personally, whilst I think the club has handled it rather badly with the late notice, I'd still be up for it. Partly because if I'm honest with myself (and my knees and back) the idea of playing 36 with 18 a day either side was starting to make me a little nervous, partly because NZ is also booked along with accommodation, but as much as anything because whilst the deal offered is not as good as the initial offering, it is still pretty decent and if you posted it today, I'd sign up quick sharp.

That said, I do wonder if an email outlining how badly they've handled it (and the limited discount) and how many people's plan are potentially affected might elicit a better offer?

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Dave, I think I share everyones annoyance at their stance, is there any chance of it changing?

If there is still a good number of people going to play, I would likely still go as I have the day booked off work and wanted to play the course. Equally if anything else can be arranged I would happily change, will go with the flow.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
If you can we should cancel and get a full refund.

If they halve the golf at the 11th hour then the least they can do is half the price as well.

Gone from £140 for 36 to £120 for 18

Sorry but that is a pi$$ take by Woking.

D

Deleted member 25172

I suspect if we ask to re-book for the afternoon, we'll find it busy with another large group going out, also paying the same as us..... :sneaky: Covid, may have little to do with it

Such a cynic...

That couldn’t be it, could it? ?‍♂️????

paddyc

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I'm not sure what difference there is whether you play 18 or 36 holes in the current covid situation. I'm not willing to play just 18 for a small reduction. I haven't booked a hotel or not playing NZ so it's easy no from me Dave unless we can get on somewhere else all day but obviously its late in the day now. Gutted as not played there before and looking forward to it.Poor from Woking to make this decision just over month away.

evemccc

Visit site
Not good form from Woking.

I appreciate your efforts but I’d vote to cancel to be honest — possibly I’m cutting my nose off despite my face, as it’s a course I want to play, but this is poor stuff from them

D

Deleted member 25172

I'm not sure what difference there is whether you play 18 or 36 holes in the current covid situation. I'm not willing to play just 18 for a small reduction. I haven't booked a hotel or not playing NZ so it's easy no from me Dave unless we can get on somewhere else all day but obviously its late in the day now. Gutted as not played there before and looking forward to it.Poor from Woking to make this decision just over month away.

I think we know that the difference is that they’ve booked in another society in the afternoon. More money to be made from two separate societies just doing 18 holes each paying £120 per person than from one society “only” paying £140 and keeping the course blocked for the whole day.

The more I think of it, the more annoyed I’m getting.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
I think we know that the difference is that they’ve booked in another society in the afternoon. More money to be made from two separate societies just doing 18 holes each paying £120 per person than from one society “only” paying £140 and keeping the course blocked for the whole day.

The more I think of it, the more annoyed I’m getting.

It's a bit of a leap from one of our posters suspecting they might have done this to it becoming fact, or have I missed something? And if it isn't fact it may not help Papas' negotiating position if they happen to be reading this and it's not the case.