Woking GC 13 July 2021

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Gentle reminder that balance is due a month before we go....

Thanks to all that have paid since my last chaser. Can those who haven't, look back at the previous list.

You'll know if you've paid or not. I don't wanna have to send out 20 messages chasing.
Cheers.

paddyc

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Hello guys is anyone playing the day before Woking but not at New Zealand. I'm not doing NZ as played before and can't afford £105 rounds of golf and Woking. Was looking for a game in the area within a reasonable distance or anywhere between Cambridge and Woking.
I was hoping to get a game with The Diablo at West Byfleet but that unlikely with Matt's missus expecting around that time
If anyone fancies a game or is playing already and has space for a little one let me know. cheers Pat

Last edited:

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Hi Guys.
Have just had a rather disappointing email from the club.

They have taken the step this year to limit golf to 18 holes due to covid. I spoke to them last week and this wasn't discussed at all, so a little poor to tell me with only a months notice.

Their offer is now for coffee and bacon rolls, 18 holes, followed by 3 course dinner.
Total being £120 (including £5 for prizes).

Now I'm still happy to play, but understand that deal isn't really at the same level as the original one.

So if you could let me know your thoughts.

I'm happy to discuss a date with them for next year if people would rather that.

Dave

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Hi Guys.

They have taken the step this year to limit golf to 18 holes due to covid. I spoke to them last week and this wasn't discussed at all, so a little poor to tell me with only a months notice.

Their offer is now for coffee and bacon rolls, 18 holes, followed by 3 course dinner.

Now I'm still happy to play, but understand that deal isn't really at the same level as the original one.

I'm happy to discuss a date with them for next year if people would rather that.

Dave

Dave,

The same issue that happened to a society I belong to with Worplesdon. Sorry, but I'm not impressed with that & my immediate response is to decline their kind offer. :mad::mad: Doubly annoying as I've booked at the Premier Inn.

I have to wonder at their thinking when my own club accommodated the society I'm in for 36 holes & at a better price.

Sorry, I should have added that I really appreciate your efforts in organising this; my annoyance is directed purely at the club.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
My thoughts...
1) I don't mind playing only 18
2) Not bothered about a 3 course meal after

Edit... seeing what the others said about the very small price reduction for the loss of 18 holes seems to make sense.

Looks to me like something else has been requested so they don't care if we go or not.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 15344

Hi Guys.

Dave

So the initial deal is £140 for 36 holes and they want it to be £120 for 18 holes ?

Sorry but IMO that’s not great from the club

Would agree and decline the offer

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I'm sorry Dave but I share BIM's view and would rather cancel out

I think some Clubs are shooting themselves in the foot in the long run by these sort of actions and will lose out in the end

Thanks though for all the work you've done on this meet.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
So the initial deal is £140 for 36 holes and they want it to be £120 for 18 holes ?

Sorry but IMO that’s not great from the club

Would agree and decline the offer

Phil, looking back at Dave's last & the original offer, we are being offered a £25 refund for the loss of 1 round and the afternoon tea; not great doesn't get close to describing it.

petema99

Visit site
To be fair, their advertised green fee is 130, so we were originally getting a great deal, but agree very poor form to let us know so late on

Hooker

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi Guys.

Dave

It's not as good as the original offer, but still a good deal and understandable in the current circumstances. Poor form letting you know so late with such a large gathering though.

94tegsi

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi Dave.
Very disappointing to hear, but given that I’m committed to the NZ game I would still like to play.
I will check with my playing partners and come back to you.