Sunningdale Old & New and New Zealand 27/28 July 2017

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The Good

Well peeps, do we have a treat in store for you for the 10th rated best course in the UK, but also the 13th in a nice tidy little bundle, and that's even before the "experience" of their famous carvery.

I have never heard anyone have a bad word for Sunningdale, or at least based on reviews of the courses. We've had great trips in the last 3 years to Inverness, Ireland and Aberdeen, but this time we fancy some of that thar Southern sunshine. Being July, the colours of the course will look like a Constable oil painting, 30 degrees guaranteed, and no hail (as per Murcar last year).

They are the highest rated inland courses in the top 100, and at 10 and 13, are the only inland courses in the top 20, discounting an over-rated Woodhall spa.

As we like to have a fallow year, which isnt a 5 day trip, this one will be over 2 days only. We are currently looking for another top 100 course to put next to it for the Friday, and we are looking into that, as we speak. The criteria we do have is that you cant just go for Sunningdale on it's own, you have to play both days, as the competition will be played over all 3 rounds.

Sadly, we couldn't split up the two rounds at Sunningdale over 2 days, and have to play all 36 on the same day, which will be the Thursday, and hopefully we will have the other game (also, ideally, on a top 100 course) arranged for the Friday, all being well.

Now the deal we have would normally be approx £400 in July, based on the 2016 price. 2017 price, I dont know, but we have it for £220.00, and it is fixed.

The £220 gets you a buffet breakfast, 18 holes on the old course, traditional carvery lunch, 18 holes on the new course then tea and bucksfizz (hope they whip their skirts off again).

We will have more details on the Friday course in the coming week(s), but it is likely that this may cost anywhere between £60 and £ 120, depending on what deal we get, so an approximate total of around £280-340.00, although will depend on which course/deal we decide on.

Like the previous year, you will have approx 9 months to pay it all, and the cost will be spread over 3 payments.

Now sadly we only have 60 spaces, so Glyn will be along shortly to advise the bad news.

Peter, Scott and Glyn

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 17920

Re: Sunningdale + another top course Thursday July 27th/Friday 28th July 2017

The bad.

We only have 60 spaces.

If this is as popular as we arehoping, we think that there will be a few disappointed people. We have secured60 places, which was hard enough, as for some of the other dates mooted, wecould only get space for 15, or 20. So with that in mind, we can’t change thedate.

This is the 4th yearly trip wehave done (Inverness, Ireland and Aberdeen) and we think its only right thatpeople who have been on any of the previous trips will get first dibs, which byour reckoning is 58 people, so if alltake advantage their won’t be many places left over. We may only get 25-40taking it up, but we don't know, until we ask. Quite a few were from Scotland,so if not many come down, there may be 20 odd spaces, so don't be too shy.

We are asking for people toregister their interest on here, and then we will have to take it from there.We have to advise Sunningdale by the end of September, so time is of theessence.

We will be giving the first dibslot 1 week to register their interest, and a further 1 week to get theirdeposits of £100 in. The 3 organisers may also be asking a very select fewmates along, who will also be under the same criteria, deposit wise. They arenon-forummers, but there will only be a very few and we won’t apologise forthis. Then we will look to the list.

We won’t be doing a list wherethe first people to get their names are prioritised first, as unfair. We won’tbe doing a draw, either. We'll just get the names in and take it from there. Nopromises, but don't apply if you’re not ready to send £100 very soon, or areeasily disappointed.

We would love it if we could have80 odd people along, if there was that much interest, but sadly we can’t. Dueto Sunningdale's prices, and hard negotiating stance, we don't think you wouldget anywhere near this deal and if you and 24 mates wanted the same deal, youwould be paying north of £400 for the same (or £315 if for the golf only). Weare getting the golf and the 3 meals for only £220, as well as a good deal(hopefully) on another course, so you still have change left over from normalprices.

If people who have been on the 3previous trips can put (prev), after their name, please.

So, anyone else interested:-

Birchy (Prev)
Lincoln Quaker (Prev)
Liverbirdie (Prev)
Odvan (Prev)

(Please copyand paste the previous list, and add your name also).

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site

The Ugly

The payments.

Until we pick which club (for the other round), negotiate and find out what deposit they need, we dont know how much we'll need, but we hope £100 will be enough. We will need it by the end of September..

We will then need another payment in late February/ early March, possibly another £100-125.

Final balance around May/June. It then gives you 2-3 months to get your beer tokens and accommodation saved up.

As with other trips if you have to cancel, you have to sell on the space yourself, although you can advertise it on the thread, to help. The Sunningdale deposit is non-refundable, and no cancellation monies will be given back if within 3 months of the date of play.

Now chasing 60 people for payments that they know are coming up is no fun at all, believe me? We won’t be sending multiple reminders of payments. If the date has passed and I've heard nothing from you, your place is seriously at risk of being passed onto someone on the waiting list, if there is one. Please make note.

For the lucky ones, we will also need your e-mail address, especially for people who haven’t been on the previous trips.

Don’t PM me for bank details yet. Most will already have my details, and people who haven’t been on previous trips will have to wait 2 weeks, anyway.

D

Deleted member 15344

Birchy (Prev)
Lincoln Quaker (Prev)
Liverbirdie (Prev)
Odvan (Prev)
Liverpoolphil

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

cracking deal guys, should be a great trip, sadly the 36 in a day at sunningdale excludes me (and my knee) currently :( not that youll have any probs filling the spaces!

D

Deleted member 17920

cracking deal guys, should be a great trip, sadly the 36 in a day at sunningdale excludes me (and my knee) currently :( not that youll have any probs filling the spaces!
I did try and try to get them to let us do 18 each day but the board said no.

D

Deleted member 1740

Great effort gents, Theres no way I'm missing the carvery :rofl:

Birchy (Prev)
Lincoln Quaker (Prev)
Liverbirdie (Prev)
Odvan (Prev)
Liverpoolphil
Stu_c (Prev2)
Duffers (Prev2)

richart

Major Champion
Visit site

I was really up for this, until the dreaded words 'copy and paste'.

Have been lucky enough to play the Old and the New, and they are both stunning courses. Definitely the best inland courses I have played.

Great work by the boys to come up with such a cracking deal.:thup:

Odvan

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Glyn, the formatting of your post was on a par with your golf. A mess.

Birchy, deposit will be sent next week. Will WA when done you sexy little dwarf.

Well done Glyn, about time you did sommat useful at work.

D

Deleted member 1740

not really surprising at the price, cant please all the people all the time ;)

I'll carry you for the 2nd 18holes mate:D

D

Deleted member 1740

on that basis I'm in :) (just dont sit me next to him at the carvery ;) )

I won't steal your food, well I might.......