Sunningdale Old&New 2023 summer

evemccc

Visit site
Agree it’s never easy organising an event, but there has been lots of interest in this and if you had come on 2 days ago (when you knew the date) and said , this is the date, 24 places, this is the cost, 50 % deposit NOW, I suspect you would have been full within hours.

As it is, I suspect many will now not bother, which is a shame

Well we can agree to differ I guess

Some from the forum who expressed interest can’t play because of the date given, some can’t do 36 in one day (which is what I’ve been offered), and given that there is always ‘slippage’ between verbal commitment and ‘payment commitment’ - I don’t think the numbers I got in the expressions of interest necessarily would have guaranteed 25/25 people to pay and enabled me to accept in a short space of time

Are you saying you’d like to join if I can get another fourball tee-time or two? That could be 11 or 15 from the forum if I got that and the ‘majority’? Would you be in? Because I’ll certainly get on to Sunningdale on Monday AM if that’s required

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Sadly will have to count myself out as having looked at the visitor information on the Sunningdale website I will need to show a HI of 18 or less. I’ll need to lose two shots by then and our next qualifier is not until late April, so probably unlikely.

Thanks for organising and hope the day goes well.

evemccc

Visit site
Sadly will have to count myself out as having looked at the visitor information on the Sunningdale website I will need to show a HI of 18 or less. I’ll need to lose two shots by then and our next qualifier is not until late April, so probably unlikely.

Thanks - best wishes for lowering the handicap next year ??

D

Deleted member 1740

They wont ask you for a HI certificate for a society day.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site

You can happily borrow mine ???

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Hi all,
I am looking to arrange a day at Sunningdale for some friends and members of my club. I am trying to book something for around two dozen players, which will give me about 6 or 7 spaces free for forum members if they'd like to come along and join us.

I also want it to be as hassle-free as possible, so clear dates of deadlines for deposits and full payments will be given.
Unfortunately I cannot give an indication of date yet, as Sunningdale are currently in the process of arranging their calendar for next year, and want to know if 1) if we’re genuine and our numbers, and 2) their own schedule. Based on that we’ll be offered dates.

Given the choice I would like to do it in late May in early June, or very early September.

The price isn’t finalised, but I’ve been told it is likely to be in the region of £350 or so…certainly it’s a substantial saving on the green fees and the the provisional info I’ve had it sounds a (relatively) excellent deal

Sorry if it’s a bit vague so far, but please respond to express genuine interest for one of the 6 or 7 spaces that will be available.

Thanks

For next year........
;););););)

Last edited: