Sunningdale 2025

Radbourne2010

Challenge Tour Pro
www.mmksolutions.co.uk
So have got the details for a day at Sunningdale next year, which as previously discussed I’m happy to organise as a Forum meet.

The day would be
- Breakfast
- 18 holes on one course
- Lunch
- 18 holes on the other course
- Afternoon tea

Date is 3rd June 2025

Cost would be £500 - to include a small prize fund (prob top 3 on each course and a couple of nearest the pin / longest drives on each, or similar)

£250 would be payable by the end of October with the balance due in April next year.

Numbers are currently fixed at 24 (no more, no less!) as the club is hosting the senior open next year, so has reduced capacity for golf days.

Places will ultimately be confirmed with the £250, which will be non refundable. Whilst I’m happy to hold a reserve list if oversubscribed, it will be the individuals responsibility to find a replacement if they need to withdraw and the reserves decline to take the place up.

Happy to start the list to see if there’s enough interest to make it viable. I suggest just forum members for now given the limited numbers, will open up to guests next week if we need more to get over the line (might be useful to give an indication of potential guest numbers though?):

1. JT (+5 guests if needed)
Sounds amazing, but remember doing this trip when Glynn arranged it 6/7 years ago. Lunch was so good after playing the Old in the morning no one wanted to play the New in the afternoon. We went back the following year & split it over two days. Much better option, IMO.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Sounds amazing, but remember doing this trip when Glynn arranged it 6/7 years ago. Lunch was so good after playing the Old in the morning no one wanted to play the New in the afternoon. We went back the following year & split it over two days. Much better option, IMO.
More than happy to do it in one day. The cost and payment options as they stand a bit of stumbling block. The cost I know won't change and it is an excellent deal but I'd like a degree more flexibility as a £250 wedge in one hit is tricky

Morfeen75

Visit site
Wow, it sounds like you've been lucky enough to play it under different circumstances but your comments arent very helpful to the organiser who is trying to get this golf day arranged. There has already been 1 time waster "trying" to organise a golf day at Sunningdale, suggestions like yours should be kept to yourself in my opinion.

Morfeen75

Visit site
More than happy to do it in one day. The cost and payment options as they stand a bit of stumbling block. The cost I know won't change and it is an excellent deal but I'd like a degree more flexibility as a £250 wedge in one hit is tricky
In 5yrs time the cost of the same deal could be closer to £1k than the monkey now and thats why i'm prepared to pay and play it. I appreciate peoples financial circumstances are different though.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
In 5yrs time the cost of the same deal could be closer to £1k than the monkey now and thats why i'm prepared to pay and play it. I appreciate peoples financial circumstances are different though.
I am happy to pay the £500 as it is still a very good deal. I'd just like some flexibility to pay less on a month by month as taking a big chunk out of savings or the current account is big ask for us

Morfeen75

Visit site
I am happy to pay the £500 as it is still a very good deal. I'd just like some flexibility to pay less on a month by month as taking a big chunk out of savings or the current account is big ask for us
As you're aware, clubs dictate how and when payments should be made for any golf bookings at their clubs. The organiser, a complete stranger to you and me, has gone out of his way to organise a forum day. He hasnt set the payment plans, Sunningdale has. If i were the organiser i would want the full £500 up front. I'm certain Sunningdale will have a list of societies/groups as long as your arm wanting to book a golf day.

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
I'm absolutely interested in this but unfortunately it's the wife's birthday that day and my life would not be worth living if I went and played golf and spent that much money on it too :LOL:

JT.

Visit site
Hi all,

In reply to the above comments:

1. There is no option to split the event across two days at this price.

2. The payment schedule is indeed set by the club, nothing I can do about that.

The club are now applying pressure for me to commit ( I’m certain they will have a long reserve list if I don’t!). On that basis I will be making a final decision on Monday, which will currently, and sadly, be to cancel based on current numbers.

Morfeen75

Visit site
Hi all,

In reply to the above comments:

1. There is no option to split the event across two days at this price.

2. The payment schedule is indeed set by the club, nothing I can do about that.

The club are now applying pressure for me to commit ( I’m certain they will have a long reserve list if I don’t!). On that basis I will be making a final decision on Monday, which will currently, and sadly, be to cancel based on current numbers.
JT, thank you for your efforts in trying to organise this day. I know from previous experience how hard organising golf trips is. It is a real shame theres not been enough support from the forum.
If you could arrange a smaller gathering i would still be available to play.

Thanks
Harry

PCWOX

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It's a shame I am away on holiday the date of this meet (2 June 2025) otherwise I would have been up for this. It's a good price for Sunningdale.

Reactions: JT.

JT.

Visit site
JT, thank you for your efforts in trying to organise this day. I know from previous experience how hard organising golf trips is. It is a real shame theres not been enough support from the forum.
If you could arrange a smaller gathering i would still be available to play.

Thanks
Harry
24 is the minimum booking the club will accept, I’d be happy to go with less if it were possible.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Thanks to all who have replied so far, but we are some way short of the 24 needed to make this work.

I’ll look to review for a go/don’t go decision on Sunday. It’s fair to say without more interest it will sadly be the latter.
Do you know what time breakfast and the first tee would be from?

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
I'm absolutely interested in this but unfortunately it's the wife's birthday that day and my life would not be worth living if I went and played golf and spent that much money on it too :LOL:

Poor excuse Deano!

I got the chance to play Wentworth this year. Wife’s birthday. Told her I had to be in London for work and would be back for dinner

Had time for a beer after 😂