Sunningdale Old&New 2023 summer

Crooky1967

Visit site
I would be happy to play. Played both courses end of August this year and they were stunning considering the drought we had. Great lunch as well.

evemccc

Visit site
SUNNINGDALE (36 Holes) DAY

I have been offered WEDNESDAY 7 JUNE for the following at Sunningdale:

Old Course in AM New Course in PM.
Breakfast, Lunch (Jacket and tie required), Afternoon Tea
Range balls and use of practice facilities and trolleys —- all for
£350 inclusive of VAT

HOWEVER - I only have 5 spots available - as there was a much better take-up from my club than expected —-so it really has to be first come first served!

(I will take be taking names for a reserve list)

IMPORTANT - I need to pay Sunningdale 50% of the payment as a deposit by the 7th NOVEMBER (so £175 pp by the 7/11/22) and the remaining £175 by mid April 2023.

If you’d like to come then please PM me and I’ll send my bank details. First come first served really is the only fair way I think

Thanks

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Thanks for organising this. Unfortunately I have ruptured an Achilles’ tendon and there’s no way I can commit to a 36 hole event until I have some idea about the rehab period.

If you don’t mind please put me on the reserve list and I’ll know nearer the day if I could stand in or have to stand down.

Either way I hope the sun shines for you and you have a fantastic day. It really is something else.

evemccc

Visit site
Thanks for organising this. Unfortunately I have ruptured an Achilles’ tendon and there’s no way I can commit to a 36 hole event until I have some idea about the rehab period.

If you don’t mind please put me on the reserve list and I’ll know nearer the day if I could stand in or have to stand down.

Either way I hope the sun shines for you and you have a fantastic day. It really is something else.

Sorry to hear that - Thank you for the good weather wishes!

You’re down as First reserve ??

D

Deleted member 23270

So this has been advertised as a forum trip but it isn't really ?

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
@evemccc Have to say a little disappointed
No mention of your club having first dibs in the opening post, it was looking like a spectacular forum event.

Now we are filling half a dozen gaps at most

Not what it said on the tin ?

evemccc

Visit site
@evemccc Have to say a little disappointed
No mention of your club having first dibs in the opening post, it was looking like a spectacular forum event.

Now we are filling half a dozen gaps at most

Not what it said on the tin ?

I would like to clarify a couple of points

I have been given a date and space for 24 golfers (there is another society also there that day). I can always ask Sunningdale for more spaces if required, albeit it has been stressed that it may not be possible to have many more due to two societies being there that day.

There should be 7 people from this forum, 5 of my friends external to my club and external to this forum. There will be 12 from my club AND friends / family members of people from my club (clearly not everyone from my club knows each other…far from it) and so most people going won’t know more than two or three people.

I hope you appreciate that there really isn’t a long time at all between being offered a date and having to accept it with 50% of full payment.

Whatever date was offered there will be someone who was keen who genuinely couldn’t make it due to prior holiday plans or whatever. There will also, regrettably, always be people who will verbally commit to anything and then back-out — and if this happened this would threaten to de-rail the whole thing for everyone else if I was to be unable to get the numbers (payment) required in a short time frame, due to people backing out.
Likewise, whoever the organising person is they will be responsible and liable for payment - once the contract is signed — I have seen society meets get mooted and then not get off the ground in the way it was planned (Harrogate recently with people having already booked accom.) or not at all — and as great as the Hayling day was, everyone on this forum saw the number of changes, additions and cancellations and admin effort that went on for the best part of a year and right to the end. I fully understand life can bit complicated and ‘things happen’ with regard to force changes, but I am personally not able to devote to time to organise a society day at Sunningdale for 50+ people and I don’t want to have to spend time and effort chasing people who could easily go to ground / disappear from the forum / bail-out etc. as can and does easily happen

If I’m organising a day at Sunningdale and I’m liable, then of course going to invite my friends, and a few people I know I can vouch for. This was only done two days ago.
There will be 7 people from the forum..about a third of the group. And if there is a definite commitment I can certainly try and attempt to get another one or two tee-times for another four-ball or two

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 23270

I would like to clarify a couple of points

I have been given a date and space for 24 golfers (there is another society also there that day). I can always ask Sunningdale for more spaces if required, albeit it has been stressed that it may not be possible to have many more due to two societies being there that day.

There should be 7 people from this forum, 5 of my friends external to my club and external to this forum. There will be 12 from my club AND friends / family members of people from my club (clearly not everyone from my club knows each other…far from it) and so most people going won’t know more than two or three people.

I hope you appreciate that there really isn’t a long time at all between being offered a date and having to accept it with 50% of full payment.

Whatever date was offered there will be someone who was keen who genuinely couldn’t make it due to prior holiday plans or whatever. There will also, regrettably, always be people who will verbally commit to anything and then back-out — and if this happened this would threaten to de-rail the whole thing for everyone else if I was to be unable to get the numbers (payment) required in a short time frame, due to people backing out.
Likewise, whoever the organising person is they will be responsible and liable for payment - once the contract is signed — I have seen society meets get mooted and then not get off the ground in the way it was planned (Harrogate recently with people having already booked accom.) or not at all — and as great as the Hayling day was, everyone on this forum saw the number of changes, additions and cancellations and admin effort that went on for the best part of a year and right to the end. I fully understand life can bit complicated and ‘things happen’ with regard to force changes, but I am personally not able to devote to time to organise a society day at Sunningdale for 50+ people and I don’t want to have to spend time and effort chasing people who could easily go to ground / disappear from the forum / bail-out etc. as can and does easily happen

If I’m organising a day at Sunningdale and I’m liable, then of course going to invite my friends, and a few people I know I can vouch for. This was only done two days ago.
There will be 7 people from the forum..about a third of the group. And if there is a definite commitment I can certainly try and attempt to get another one or two tee-times for another four-ball or two
Sorry but your opening post implied a forum meet. You should have clearly stated that you are organising a day out for family/friends/club mates and there may be some spare places that you can open up to the forum.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Agree it’s never easy organising an event, but there has been lots of interest in this and if you had come on 2 days ago (when you knew the date) and said , this is the date, 24 places, this is the cost, 50 % deposit NOW, I suspect you would have been full within hours.

As it is, I suspect many will now not bother, which is a shame

evemccc

Visit site
Sorry but your opening post implied a forum meet. You should have clearly stated that you are organising a day out for family/friends/club mates and there may be some spare places that you can open up to the forum.

Sorry but I didn’t see any expression of interest from you, however I can certainly try and get another tee-time or two to have two more four-balls of forum members if you’d like? Are you saying you’d like to join?

Last edited: