Sunningdale Old & New and New Zealand 27/28 July 2017

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
At least you have fond memories from playing so well. I am still having nightmares about the heather.:eek: Good to see you again Andy, and very well played.

I used to have nightmares about Heather.......that's a different story tho :) :)

Likewise mate. Great to see you also.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Well, my first thanks should be to…………YOU!

After a call to arms as this was our biggest undertaking to date, with regards to making sure that you all knew your own tee times, start holes, what to wear etc, you all stepped up to the plate, fantastically. It really does make a massive difference to mine, Scott and Glyn’s enjoyment on the day, so that we can go to the putting green and practice range instead of having to nursemaid the forgetful.

Glyn – you really pulled a rabbit out of the hat for this deal, my friend, and you deserve all the credit for our deal at Sunningdale. Your powers of organisation know no bounds, or at least once I have pointed you in the right direction, and set you on your merry way. I say merry, in, well in no way, really.

Scott – Leader of excel sheets, our man in the trenches, the patience of a saint (a saint who is also a part time GP) and general all round money guv’nor. Guy to lean on, when we all have a flounce, although I think you won this one hands down with a 5 /3 /2 victory over me and Glyn. :rofl:

Gary – Thanks for the spreadsheets, even though you weren’t on this meet – cheers.

Darren Williams – Such a kind, and very kind gesture for buying all 3 of us a nice bottle each. In no way expected, but very much appreciated.

Papas – Thanks for the money for the drinks, Dave – hope your little girl is ok.

Partners – Well as an organiser, we had the luxury of picking our partners and over the years I’ve played with a lot now, as I do like to cross-pollinate the groups with guys from all over the country. I picked BIM right from the start, as one of the forum’s true gents. Papas, Another double and Murph the same – maybe we should just have our own footy thread, locked for our use only.:whistle:

Fish/Stu/Ron – Well just Fish really for doing an exquisite job in collating all the scores into a document approaching a Chelsea FC profit and loss sheet.:) Nice that we raised a few bob for H4H, which was one of the main intentions, and if anyone has a video of the first (out of two) bragging rights, prize-giving ceremonies, send it over. Thanks though Rob, seeing as no-one else bothered their a***….. 

Junior – Top scoring mate over all 3 rounds mate, fully deserved. Will you be the next young buck to go past me in the NW gang, for handicap? You’ve got a fight on your hands now! 

Ladies and other winners – It is genuinely nice to see that the ladies section on these multi-day meets is expanding (the numbers I mean), and long may it continue. Nice to see Nichola and Scouser in the prizes (more scousers, taking other dollars), as well as all the other players who played well over the few days.

Paul W - thanks for the invite to Swinley, absolutely loved it. The jury has been sent to the hotel over the weekend to consider whether the old, the new or Swinley is the best - I think the judge may have to accept a majority decision. :whistle:

The courses - maybe for another time.......

A bit late, but on hols now, so wanted the thanks all out there.

LB