Cooden Beach GC Forum Meet........................ Friday 30th July 2021

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
It is indeed.
The other green that was particularly exposed was the par 5 15th.
It was almost impossible to concentrate on the putt in hand with the wind buffeting you around, at times blowing you almost off your feet.
This was then followed by the par 3 16th with a 40mph wind gusting straight left to right from the elevated tee. I don't know if anyone hit the green in the afternoon???
????

No I didnt get near to hitting the green on 16 but did birdie the 15th both morning and afternoon. Driver and 8 iron on to green in the morning shows the wind strength !

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
It is indeed.
The other green that was particularly exposed was the par 5 15th.
It was almost impossible to concentrate on the putt in hand with the wind buffeting you around, at times blowing you almost off your feet.
This was then followed by the par 3 16th with a 40mph wind gusting straight left to right from the elevated tee. I don't know if anyone hit the green in the afternoon???
????
I did. 9iron to 15 foot. Don't ask about the putt! ?

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
Great day as always, many thanks to Smiffy for organising, and the staff a t Cooden for their hospitality.

Struggled with the conditions, although 31 in the afternoon meant i manged to beat mt PP for the day at least once.

I'll be back if invited. always a pleasure, never a chore

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Hi everyone, great to see you all at Cooden, it's such a shame not to get any time to talk to familiar faces and there are still many of you that I'd love to have a round with but haven't yet had the opportunity.

I heard it was windy!!.... I was too busy playing sh*te to notice. :poop:

It was going not too bad actually until I 3-putted the 7th from 18 inches and then I literally heard the sound of the wheels falling off. Soooooo angry.

Nice to play a round with EX forumer Fish and REBORN forumer Bratty, both were an absolute pleasure to be around for the day.

Very well done to TXL for his fine 31pts, well played Sir (y)

Huge thanks to Smiffy for organising...... and can someone make sure that the guy who didn't turn up PAYS HIS £75 as it's not right for Smiffy to pick up his bill :mad:

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Hi everyone, great to see you all at Cooden, it's such a shame not to get any time to talk to familiar faces and there are still many of you that I'd love to have a round with but haven't yet had the opportunity.

I heard it was windy!!.... I was too busy playing sh*te to notice. :poop:

It was going not too bad actually until I 3-putted the 7th from 18 inches and then I literally heard the sound of the wheels falling off. Soooooo angry.

Nice to play a round with EX forumer Fish and REBORN forumer Bratty, both were an absolute pleasure to be around for the day.

Very well done to TXL for his fine 31pts, well played Sir (y)

Huge thanks to Smiffy for organising...... and can someone make sure that the guy who didn't turn up PAYS HIS £75 as it's not right for Smiffy to pick up his bill :mad:
Was lovely seeing you too, mate!
If Smiffy doesn't get reimbursed, I'll happy chip in a fiver to sort him out... if a few others will too.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Indeed, didn't realise that someone didn't turn up. Please keep us updated Rob
I have sent a couple of PM's to the individual concerned. Have not received a response to either of them yet. I know that he has logged on to the site since sending them, just need to find out whether he has read them or not.
I'm not going to "name and shame" as it could simply be an oversight. But will have no qualms in doing so should my requests go unanswered.
I have checked through my PM's and the Cooden thread, and at no time did he notify me that he wouldn't be attending.
I know that a few of you know who it is, but I would really appreciate it if you didn't post to avoid unnecessary embarrassment.
I have deleted the final players list to avoid work by the "detectives".....
So powder dry for now......
;)

Last edited: