Cooden....Friday 16th August. Final details......

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Just back after a full week in 1066 country and the Sussex coast where I enjoyed glorious sunshine on the beaches all week EXCEPT the Friday when attending the Cooden Beach meet!

Huge thanks to Smiffy for a well organised day which ran like a well oiled machine, unlike my swing and game which resembled a clip from Paint Your Wagon as the wheels continued to fall off :(

Great to meet some well known and some new names from the forum and to meet up with some old faces too. I don't know why but I was expecting a links course being right on the coast but it was more than a testing parkland course for the kind of day I was having and by all accounts quite a few more going by the overall lost ball count!

My thanks to Leftie, a very good solid player & Sawtooth who can back up his forum drive distances, I clocked most of them over 300yds with a great drive at 324yds, both were excellent company in the morning and Rick who I have wanted to play alongside for a while but was a shame I didn't turn up & Jimboo who played some excellent irons and is Cat1 material in waiting, again both excellent company in the afternoon.

I'm sorry I can't remember everyone's names in the photos so please feel free to copy them and place names underneath.

Smiffy gets us underway with traditional fag in hand.

IMAG0806.jpgIMAG0809.jpgIMAG0810.jpgIMAG0805.jpg

Everyone else is warming up

IMAG0817.jpgIMAG0804.jpgIMAG0807.jpgIMAG0808.jpg

The playing groups, I think 1 or 2 groups sneaked off whilst I went to put my shoes on so, apologies and tuff titty ;)

IMAG0814.jpgIMAG0815.jpgIMAG0816.jpgIMAG0818.jpgIMAG0811.jpgIMAG0812.jpgIMAG0813.jpg

The wildlife, especially the Foxes were very tame and approached you at the tee and rummaged in your unattended bag looking for food! The younger of the 2 had a sweet tooth and shared my Mars Bar ;)

IMAG0829.jpgIMAG0819.jpgIMAG0820.jpgIMAG0823.jpg

Murph & Paul emerge looking for their balls

IMAG0824.jpg

Nope, that's not yours Murph, but, your getting warmer

IMAG0825.jpg

Found it!

IMAG0826.jpg

Now, what's the local rule, bummer, its OOB :( so of he runs back to where he played last, must have a decent card ;)

IMAG0827.jpg

Very tidy course with some well protected greens.

IMAG0828.jpgIMAG0821.jpgIMAG0822.jpg

A thoroughly enjoyable day irrelevant of the golf (loose term) I played and an excellent week on the coast where Max had his first experience of the beach & sea :thup:

Max Sea Bexhill.jpgMax Camber Sands.jpg

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Just as a side note, Cooden Beach have very kindly donated a fourball for the H4H charity auction. If you want to go back and find your game Robin.:whistle::D

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
It went to the left tight against the trees/bushes so the provisional that went right of the green wasn't needed ;)

http://youtu.be/B6fhkXhUWro

Very good Robin, I still made a 5 for 2.... :ears: I was going to spare your blushes on the par 3 12th where your second shot into the green was further away than your tee shot.......and where Murph who was standing 30 yards behind you had to duck to avoid being hit...... Grab a coffee while I download the iPhone!!! :swing:

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Very good Robin, I still made a 5 for 2.... :ears: I was going to spare your blushes on the par 3 12th where your second shot into the green was further away than your tee shot.......and where Murph who was standing 30 yards behind you had to duck to avoid being hit...... Grab a coffee while I download the iPhone!!! :swing:

No problem matey, I can laugh at it, shanked the tee shot (not 2nd shot) into a fence to the front right by the walkway and rebounded behind us all where Murph was sneaking around in the bushes. Brand new ball on that tee totally shagged with a single blow, you really don't get your moneys worth nowadays do you :rofl: