Cooden....Friday 16th August. Final details......

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Popped down to the club today to pay the deposit and confirm approx. numbers. Despite the recent hot weather we have had down here, the course looked in absolutely fabulous condition, fairways all nice and stripey and the greens looked really pacey.

Just to let you know the format for the day.

Cost of the day is £75.00 per player. (It would be appreciated if players could either pay cash, or bring a cheque made out to Cooden GC for this amount please, rather than try to pay by credit/debit card. I will be popping up to see the Secretary to settle up during the lunch break and it makes it so much easier with either cash or cheques! Thank you)

This price includes.......

Coffee and bacon rolls (served from 8.30am)
18 holes
Lunch (Ham, egg & chips)
18 holes
2 course evening meal (jacket and tie necessary I'm afraid).

At the moment we have 30 players, 25 of which have confirmed attendance, I am still waiting to hear from the other five.
We will be playing in groups of 3, and the 1st tee is booked from 9.30am and again from 2.30pm.
Due to the numbers involved, (the last group won't be going out until 3.37pm), the evening meal is planned to be from approx 8.15pm.

I'm hoping that everybody attending will be happy to put £5.00 in a prize "pot"....which should give us a minimum prize fund of £125.00....£150.00 if everybody turns up!
As previous years, it's planned to play a team event in the morning, followed by an individual stableford (off full handicap) in the afternoon.
I would have loved to have played a Texas Scramble in the morning but unfortunately Cooden do not allow this format, which is a shame. In past years we have just added all three team members scores together but maybe this year try something different? Maybe have just one score counting on the first six holes, two on the next six and all three to count on the final six??? If anybody has any suggestions, please feel free to throw them in the hat!
As I say, the 1st tee is booked from 9.30am. This means the last group out in the morning will be at 10.37. If anybody has any preference for an early or late tee time please let me know. I appreciate that some of you are travelling a fair distance to get here.
Also, if you have any preference to playing partners, again let me know and I will try my best to accommodate everyone!
If you have any questions at all, please ask.
Really looking forward to our return.
Rob

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
"Dufferman" has confirmed that he cannot make this now so if anyone else would like to come along at short notice they are more than welcome. Now have 29 (4 still to confirm)

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
In past years we have just added all three team members scores together but maybe this year try something different? Maybe have just one score counting on the first six holes, two on the next six and all three to count on the final six??? If anybody has any suggestions, please feel free to throw them in the hat!
Really sorry I can't make this day, but to offer an alternative, for Captains' Day, we did 1 score on par 3s, two on 4s and 3 on 5s, which works well, and is easier for everyone, including the card checker!

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Really sorry I can't make this day, but to offer an alternative, for Captains' Day, we did 1 score on par 3s, two on 4s and 3 on 5s, which works well, and is easier for everyone, including the card checker!

I think making the par 3's all 3 to count is better. The par 5's are predominantly lower indexes so more people will have shots where-as the par 3's have higher indexes so accuracy is a premium for everyone. Sorts the boys from the girls ;)

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Rob, hope you haven't forgotten I can only make lunch and the afternoon round. If it causes problems with your numbers for the team competition I will stand down for the day. Have already had my moment of glory at Cooden.:whoo:

Are you doing a list of forumers we don't want to play with.:whistle::D

D

Deleted member 1418

Shame Bratty cannot make it otherwise the 'PieMan/JustOne/Bratty' dream-team could have been resurrected.........and probably come in last!!!

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Are you doing a list of forumers we don't want to play with.:whistle::D

It's okay, mate. I can't make it! :D

Shame Bratty cannot make it otherwise the 'PieMan/JustOne/Bratty' dream-team could have been resurrected.........and probably come in last!!!
I am truly gutted I can't play. My potty mouth is no longer a problem either... I've grown up! ;)

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site

Have you told Murph what time to pick us up yet ....:whistle:...reckon the three of us would make a new dream team!

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
That's him buggered then, he has 2 large holdalls just for his hair & body gels :smirk:

Ahhh the old hair envy card being played......... :whoo:

Anyway, I can travel light going, it's just that we might need extra space coming back to fit in any pro shop purchases.......oh and the prizes!!!! :thup:

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
I can drive you down, but I'm not going all the way to Hatfield to pick you up!

Oh, and you need to travel light. No 15 bags!

OK...I'll pick Paul up, then come to you and leave my car at yours.......worked last year didn't it....apart from my alarm clock not going off... :eek:

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
Didn't realise it was your own hair Rick. Thought you had visited Rugs are Us.:D

Hang on!!!! I'm getting grief from a guy who has hair like that bloke from the professionals? :ears:

1f8bf786e73a6cca9ab8c38fb7c98efc.jpg