Cooden....Friday 16th August. Final details......

heronsghyll

Head Pro
Visit site
If things stay as they are for the day, and everybody puts a fiver in the "prize fund" we'll have £120.00.
Might I suggest £45.00 for the winning team and then the following for the individual stableford.

3rd place...£15.00
2nd place...£25.00
1st place £35.00

Rob,

Be assured Robin, Guy and I will happilly contribute to the Prize fund, we will each have £80 cash on the day for you first thing.

I notice we are numbered 4,5,6 in the list - if that means we are off as the second 3 x ball - no problem we don't have far to come so we will be there in plenty of time. (also if off later not a problem, whatever you decide is fine for us).

Lookng forward to it as always,

Dave

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Haven't sorted out groupings yet Dave....but am aware that some people are more "local" than others. I will try to sort the start times out over the week-end and post on here by Sunday evening.
Rob

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Haven't sorted out groupings yet Dave....but am aware that some people are more "local" than others. I will try to sort the start times out over the week-end and post on here by Sunday evening.
Rob

I'm actually going to be local as I arrive on the manor this Monday for a week ;)

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Rob

I live about 2 hrs away and I'm driving back afterwards.....if I manage to stay awake.:confused:

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I'm actually going to be local as I arrive on the manor this Monday for a week ;)

Are you in Cooden on hol? Where you staying? I played Cooden in their open last year in gale force winds and squalls, pity as looks a decent links.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Are you in Cooden on hol? Where you staying? I played Cooden in their open last year in gale force winds and squalls, pity as looks a decent links.

Yes, rather than travel that distance and stay down their on my own which I've done quite a bit up & down the country this year, I'm bringing the wife and Max (dog) down. Staying in Hastings 7 days from Monday so we'll explore the coast between Eastbourne & Rye.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Skycaddie loaded - check.
Balls washed - check.
Clubs scrubbed - check.
Thurs night hotel booked - check... Cooden Beach Hotel.
Friday night hotel booked - check... part way home...

Really looking forward to it!!:thup:

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Who else is down on Thursday, I'm down their from tomorrow so can drop into the CB Hotel on Thursday night for a couple of light refreshments ;)

I may have to share a wee orange ;) and an in-depth discussion on knitting patterns ;)... not forgetting its your birthday

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I had a look at the greens twice this week (would have loved to have played but leaving before Friday:() they look true and firm but not short and fast, maybe the green keepers ensuring they don't burn due to the good weather. Hope you all have a great game, über jealous.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Teeing off times and groups......

Morning Round.

9.30 SMIFFY/RAY TAYLOR
9.38 RICHARDC/MOQUILLO19/WOOKIE
9.46 HERONSGHYLL/GUY/ROBIN
9.52 FISH/SAWTOOTH/LEFTIE
10.00 RICKG/FULL THROTTLE/JIMBOO
10.08 GOLFMMAD/STEVE COLE/LIG
10.16 DHAN/MURPHTHEMOG/PNWOKINGHAM
10.24 CHARLIE/HOBBIT/CHRIS

Afternoon round

2.30 SMIFFY/RAY TAYLOR/RICHART
2.38 RICHARDC/MOQUILLO19/WOOKIE
2.46 HERONSGHYLL/GUY/ROBIN
2.52 FISH/SAWTOOTH/LEFTIE
3.00 RICKG/FULL THROTTLE/JIMBOO
3.08 GOLFMMAD/STEVE COLE/LIG
3.16 DHAN/MURPHTHEMOG/PNWOKINGHAM
3.24 CHARLIE/HOBBIT/CHRIS

I haven't got a problem if some players want to "swap it around" a little for the afternoon round, but just make sure the person you are going to arrange to swap with gets a decent lunch break!
Also two further reminders....

PLEASE BRING CASH, OR A CHEQUE MADE PAYABLE TO COODEN GOLF CLUB RATHER THAN CREDIT/DEBIT CARDS

JACKET AND TIE WILL BE REQUIRED FOR THE EVENING MEAL!!!!!

Last edited:

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Hi Rob
Hopefully Roger has confirmed my place, but just in case he hasn't I will be there on Friday.
Look forward to seeing you.
Regards
Dhan

You're there Dhan. Off at 10.16.....;). Roger said you wouldn't mind playing with other people for a change so have put you with Chris (Murphthemog) and PN Wokingham (Paul). Two nicer guys you couldn't wish to meet. And I understand your ball spotting abilities are top notch, hence putting you with Paul.
Be good to see you again.

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It is my birthday tomorrow:D Just got home from work and got a nice present from the tax man - apparently they say I owe them over 3.5K- I wasn't expecting that!!!! :rant::rant:

So, watch out tomorrow - I am coming for the dosh!:fore::fore:

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
It is my birthday tomorrow:D Just got home from work and got a nice present from the tax man - apparently they say I owe them over 3.5K- I wasn't expecting that!!!! :rant::rant:

So, watch out tomorrow - I am coming for the dosh!:fore::fore:

glad you are playing there rather than up the road in the Surrey Tour event then! Shame to have missed this one this year - and the organiser looks to have done a truly excellent job so far; just the weather to sort out now :)

Fish

Banned
Visit site
The weathers been really hot all week, can't believe its going to be wet tomorrow, especially as its so hot tonight still. Can't see it changing that dramatically so fingers crossed.