Cooden Friday 21st June 2024....

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Sorry Smiffy, I’m now having to cover 3 people at work so I’m definitely out of the golf. Depending on how things go I might come down to say hello in the evening if that’s okay?

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Final bodycount....

1. Smiffy
2. Bratty
3. full_throttle
4. Martin (full_throttle's son)
5. Khalid Sarwar
6. Norman Porritt
7. Hairball_89
8. JustOne
9. Dando
10. Dando +1
11. Dando +2
12. Dando +3
13. Lurch (Ian) but no evening meal
14. Paperboy
15. SteveW86
16. Leftie (May need a buggie for at least the PM round)
17. Leftie's chauffeur (Dhan)
18. LIG
19. TXL
20. PadddyC

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Groupings for the morning rounds. We can mix it up a bit for the afternoon round if you want.
Club are doing a special offer for buggies, £30.00 for the day. I have pre-booked them all (8) so if you want a buggy please see me first thing when you get there.

1. Smiffy
Norman Porritt
Khalid Sarwar
JustOne

2. SteveW86
Bratty
Hairball_89
PaddyC

3. Leftie
Dhan
LIG
TXL

4. Full Throttle
Martin
Lurch
Paperboy

5 Dando
Dando mate
Dando mate
Dando mate

AussieKB

Visit site
Groupings for the morning rounds. We can mix it up a bit for the afternoon round if you want.
Club are doing a special offer for buggies, £30.00 for the day. I have pre-booked them all (8) so if you want a buggy please see me first thing when you get there.

1. Smiffy
Norman Porritt
Khalid Sarwar
JustOne

2. SteveW86
Bratty
Hairball_89
PaddyC

3. Leftie
Dhan
LIG
TXL

4. Full Throttle
Martin
Lurch
Paperboy

5 Dando
Dando mate
Dando mate
Dando mate
Wishing you all a great day, many years ago I won the Cooden Beach Bowl, a foursomes weekend event, it brings back many happy memories.

LIG

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Food has been ordered.
Ham, egg and chips at lunchtime, chicken pie and crumble/custard for evening meal.
No need to change for evening meal.
Parp parp!!
Some clubs are dropping their standards to help keep "da yoof" on board.
OR
Some clubs are changing their dress codes as "the rabble" (our generation) are getting onto committees.
:LOL:

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Another cracking day out today. Smiffy you are a star ⭐ and thank you for all your hard work in organising this event - not only this year but as far as I can remember for at least the last 14 years. I recall that back in 2011(?) the cost was in the region of £70 so you have done well in keeping the costs down. We used to get a bacon bap on arrival then though 😒.

Great course, great food, great banter, good to meet up again with Forum friends, old and new. Won't talk about the golf though;)

Last edited:

LIG

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
It took me two whole days to recover. I'm not as fit as I thought but I am as fat as I feel. :eek::eek::ROFLMAO:
Smiffy has always done magnificently with all the meets he's put together over the years and I 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏 him!
Cheers mate, have a happy golfing retirement; and all the best with the fishys - as long as you don't "sleep with 'em". :LOL:

The less said about my golf the better but I did get to see someone score 1 over gross on the front nine in the morning.
Was great to hear some tales over dinner, about left-handed chippers, choppers and 45degree woods/hybrids!

Also nice that we are heading into the new Cooden era full_throttle ! :p (you had to be there!)