Cooden meet 2022. Friday 24th June.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
As others have said, a really good day, weather wise perfect, course was in lovely condition too.
Really good to see everybody and well played Badger on your 44 points in the morning. Terrific scoring.
I came second with 41 and Dufferman came in 3rd with 40.
Longest drive was won by Dando, and nearest the pin was won by JustOne (he's still got the old magic apparently)....
Afternoon team competition was won by myself, Dando and Norman Porritt with 90 points....:eek::eek::eek:

Just like to add a massive (and I do mean MASSIVE) "Thank you" to Badger for being such a gentleman. It really was much appreciated mate.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Great day as usual at Cooden, good to see so many familiar faces . Thanks to Stevew86 and Dufferman for being great company. We all played some good, bad and ugly golf but thought Duffermans 40 points would win, but Badger must have played really well with 44 points and it couldn't have gone to a nicer guy.

If anyone is in the Cooden area there are a fair number of Honma balls to be found! Also thanks to everyone for realising my legs were not "out of bounds" markers as this was only my second round wearing shorts this year.

Not sure about 36 holes next year as I reach another " significant birthday" but lets see.

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
Great course great company and great organising by smiffy.
Just a shame my game took a holiday. The day was just a pleasure all round and I can't leave without commenting on the shot of the day.
The shot was played by paddy c on the last hole ,green side bunker and a full swing saw the ball not only clear the green but the twenty foot high hedge forty yards the other side of the green never to be seen again ,unless you own the garden in which it landed.
A truly magnificent shot
well played all the winners and bratty bid you forget which end of the club to hold .
My thanks go to smiffy and to my playing partner full throttle (Rob)for making the day .
Already looking forward to next year

paddyc

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Great course great company and great organising by smiffy.
Just a shame my game took a holiday. The day was just a pleasure all round and I can't leave without commenting on the shot of the day.
The shot was played by paddy c on the last hole ,green side bunker and a full swing saw the ball not only clear the green but the twenty foot high hedge forty yards the other side of the green never to be seen again ,unless you own the garden in which it landed.
A truly magnificent shot
well played all the winners and bratty bid you forget which end of the club to hold .
My thanks go to smiffy and to my playing partner full throttle (Rob)for making the day .
Already looking forward to next year
Yeah thanks mate I'm sure your every shot was perfect.

paddyc

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Thanks for the day Rob. First time at Cooden and course was excellent, food top drawer. Definitely would like to do again next year. Cheers to playing partners Brian (Need my wedge) and Owen for the company.

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
just in from another round, not so good today

Thanks Rob for organising once again, Thanks Norrin Radd for your company on the course and thanks to PaddyC for your company

Congratulations to the winners

Looking forward to next year

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Late to the plaudits, but thanks for organising again Rob. Course is in great nick and a pleasure to play in the the sunshine. Only lost two balls in yesterday (both in the morning) compared to nine last year….. 36 & 39 points for me, nearly pipped you in the afternoon team event too. Thoroughly enjoyed the knock, food was good as was the company, always a pleasure to golf with PaddyC.

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Forgive the :cry:, but I was gutted to have missed the Cooden meet this year but, on the bright side, it did bring back so many good memories from the many, many years that I have been on here.

Iirc, the 1st proper Cooden meet that Smiffy organised there was in 2010. I had met and played with him a few times before and he OK’ed me bringing my son in law (Chris), who wasn’t on the Forum, down with me. I picked Chris up at some ungodly hour and my daughter came to the door to see us off. For reasons I’ll never understand, I knew instantly that she was pregnant with my first grandchild and this was in my head all that day. Chris didn’t find out until very late that evening apparently!

Looking through photos of that meet there, many of the originals are still posting on the Forum and still sometimes attending the Cooden event (e.g. Smiffy, Golfmmad, Bratty, Pieman, Justone,) but sadly for one reason or another many have left leaving great memories at this and other events. Murph with his outrageous dress sense and head covers, Richard C and his FIL Charlie, RickG who left us far too soon and would have a different outfit for the morning and afternoon rounds, Lig the Turbanator, Viscount17 and his John Daly trousers, etc, etc.

Rob. You have done so much over the years in bringing people together at meets - Cooden, Gainsborough, Forest Pines, Chartham Park etc (I hope Lydd wasn’t one of yours), and turning strangers into friends, friends into lifelong buddies, and for this I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Cheers mate.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Forgive the :cry:, but I was gutted to have missed the Cooden meet this year but, on the bright side, it did bring back so many good memories from the many, many years that I have been on here.

Iirc, the 1st proper Cooden meet that Smiffy organised there was in 2010. I had met and played with him a few times before and he OK’ed me bringing my son in law (Chris), who wasn’t on the Forum, down with me. I picked Chris up at some ungodly hour and my daughter came to the door to see us off. For reasons I’ll never understand, I knew instantly that she was pregnant with my first grandchild and this was in my head all that day. Chris didn’t find out until very late that evening apparently!

Looking through photos of that meet there, many of the originals are still posting on the Forum and still sometimes attending the Cooden event (e.g. Smiffy, Golfmmad, Bratty, Pieman, Justone,) but sadly for one reason or another many have left leaving great memories at this and other events. Murph with his outrageous dress sense and head covers, Richard C and his FIL Charlie, RickG who left us far too soon and would have a different outfit for the morning and afternoon rounds, Lig the Turbanator, Viscount17 and his John Daly trousers, etc, etc.

Rob. You have done so much over the years in bringing people together at meets - Cooden, Gainsborough, Forest Pines, Chartham Park etc (I hope Lydd wasn’t one of yours), and turning strangers into friends, friends into lifelong buddies, and for this I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Cheers mate.

Hopefully we’ll see you on the course soon

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Rob. You have done so much over the years in bringing people together at meets - Cooden, Gainsborough, Forest Pines, Chartham Park etc. and turning strangers into friends, friends into lifelong buddies, and for this I thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Cheers mate.

You senile old twonk.
You've forgotten The Addington, Woburn, East Brighton, Woodhall Spa, Tyrrell's Wood, Chart Hills and Whittington Heath to name just a few more.
But I get what you mean...
???????

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
You senile old twonk.
You've forgotten The Addington, Woburn, East Brighton, Woodhall Spa, Tyrrell's Wood, Chart Hills and Whittington Heath to name just a few more.
But I get what you mean...
???????

Did you arrange my first ever meet at Redlibbets?
Anyway Rob , you are a legend !

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Late(ish) reply, had to get home to North Wales and that took a few days.

Wow! Cooden in good playing conditions...makes a pleasant change!
What a lovely day and great to see all of you that turned up.
Played with Badger who showed us a master class in scoring and all round solid golf - 44pts and I tip my hat to you sir, what a lovely round (y)
Little bit wary about Smiffy getting 41pts I mean WTF!!! he NEVER scores that high, not even across 2 rounds normally.
Shame that Bratty melted in the heat, he played so well last year.

Grizzly - shame you couldn't make it, hopefully next year.

Massive thanks to Badger.... kudos mate.... won £50 for best round and DONATED IT to Smiffy who was massively out of pocket
Really nice touch, REALLY NICE
(y)

Big thanks to Smiffy for organising and well done mate for finally putting a couple of VERY respectable rounds together.
@Leftie, lovely words mate, hopefully will see you there next year.

Cheers guys, you all seemed to have pretty decent scores... apart from Bratty :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
See you next year.